• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

The Struggle To Get Players In

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I'm disappointed in the number of loan players. Not one player signed this window is a Hibs player. I get that some of these signings are players we could only get on loan but I'm traumatised by the squad second half of 2012.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Cheer up Smurf.

We'd all like to have permanent deals, but with the money on offer elsewhere that's just going to be the way of the world for a club of our size, and location.

SKII

Administrator
Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Cheer up Smurf.

We'd all like to have permanent deals, but with the money on offer elsewhere that's just going to be the way of the world for a club of our size, and location.
January transfer window generally like this for most

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I'm disappointed in the number of loan players. Not one player signed this window is a Hibs player. I get that some of these signings are players we could only get on loan but I'm traumatised by the squad second half of 2012.
No, the way I'm reading it is Biggirimani has signed on a short-term deal till the end of the season. Seems to be "ours", and so could be here longer.

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
The guy from Motherwell is permanent?
Until the summer. It's the short termism I hate. Our recent success has been built on consistency. For nearly 4 years we had Sir David Gray, Darren McGregor, Lewis Stevenson, Super John McGinn & Dylan McGeouch etc etc. I don't think it's any coincidence having that gave us success.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
January transfer window generally like this for most
It is.

Considering the 'background' I think Hibs have done quite well - and Scotty would be a bonus.

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Until the summer. It's the short termism I hate. Our recent success has been built on consistency. For nearly 4 years we had Sir David Gray, Darren McGregor, Lewis Stevenson, Super John McGinn & Dylan McGeouch etc etc. I don't think it's any coincidenc having that gave us success.
Normally I'd agree but with no manager in place it kinda makes sense. Maybe there's clauses that say we can make it permanent if new man still fancies them come the summer.

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Cheer up Smurf.

I'm actually seriously questioning the investment we have in having George Craig & Graeme Mathie as full time employee's. What do they do? Most of these signings are not I'm believing planned much further in advance than the past few hours.

However, apologies let's just have empty positivity. All is great.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
I'm actually seriously questioning the investment we have in having George Craig & Graeme Mathie as full time employee's. What do they do? Most of these signings are not I'm believing planned much further in advance than the past few hours.

However, apologies let's just have empty positivity. All is great.
"Empty positivity"
:icon-mrgreen:

Stay away from anything sharp Smurf.

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
"Empty positivity"
:icon-mrgreen:

Stay away from anything sharp Smurf.
TBF Sir Shrink had we not signed anyone this window you would have put a positive spin on it. I hope I'm hopelessly wrong but I now agree with someone in a senior position within HSL who told me in the summer that there's no ambition in the boardroom. He told me to expect the Gunts to finish above us as Budge does have ambition. Funnily enough this well respected guy told me to expect losing Lennon too. I dismissed it all. We are quickly heading back to our league average position under this board. Bottom half mediocrity.

Jamie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
TBF Sir Shrink had we not signed anyone this window you would have put a positive spin on it. I hope I'm hopelessly wrong but I now agree with someone in a senior position within HSL who told me in the summer that there's no ambition in the boardroom. He told me to expect the Gunts to finish above us as Budge does have ambition. Funnily enough this well respected guy told me to expect losing Lennon too. I dismissed it all. We are quickly heading back to our league average position under this board. Bottom half mediocrity.
Exactly what I said on another thread pretty much, as long as we stay in this league have a wee cup run all is well for rodders and co.

Starting to slowly go off hibs again :(

Central_Hibee

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
5 temp singings and another complete rebuild due in the summer. Doesn't really fit in with Dempster and Craig's bull about continuety, forward planning blah blah blah. We are investing heavily in backroom staff precisely to avoid this, so far to me it seems to be a waste of money. Money that could have been spent on players, recruited the old fashioned way like Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock etc. Cos my god it's players wages that seem to be causing us the problems.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Positive spin?
Maybe. Compared to the folk who just want to put the boot in, then definitely.

The 'ambition in the boardroom' is just words. Totally meaningless.
Do you really think the Board members aren't wanting Hibs to succeed? Seriously?
Or that the money is squirrelled away as some would have us all believe?

I agree that Hibs need more cash in - HSL tried to do that but was undermined. The Board should seek other income streams, and they haven't been great at doing so. But they can't produce benefactors out a hat can they?
I'm not bothered about Lennon leaving. He's just another coach who came and went. Another will be along in a minute.

I don't understand the fixation on the Board - or the hatred towards the folk on it.

Tell me then, because I'm not getting the point.
What would an ambitious Board do?

Central_Hibee

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Positive spin?

Do you really think the Board members aren't wanting Hibs to succeed? Seriously?

I agree that Hibs need more cash in - HSL tried to do that but was undermined. The Board should seek other income streams, and they haven't been great at doing so. But they can't produce benefactors out a hat can they?
I'm not bothered about Lennon leaving. He's just another coach who came and went. Another will be along in a minute.

I don't understand the fixation on the Board - or the hatred towards the folk on it.

Personally I'm not questioning the board or their ambition or whatever, Im questioning the day to day managers management, and the fact that they have got us in a position that they themselves described as unnacceptable and were meant to avoid.

As it stands, how many permanent players do we have for next season? Between temps and out of contract there can't be much quality left on the books. Strange position to be in after 5 years of planning.

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Positive spin?

I think this is the trouble - there's so much of this cliched 'the board doesn't match the managers ambition' empty rhetoric that no-one ever asks good questions of the board's performance. Challenges I'd suggest are valid (not saying they're doing a bad job on all of these, just that I think they're valid to ask) include:

• Are they doing enough to support and promote HSL?
  • Should they be developing a parallel donation stream that's not tarnished by whatever nonsense has been thrown at HSL?
  • What are they doing to minimise off field expenditure to free up more funds for playing staff?
  • What level of cash reserves do we carry and are we too risk averse in that respect?
  • Does HTC truly represent value for money or would renting facilities be more cost effective?
  • What are they doing to attract external 'investment' (donations)?

There are probably others but ironically there's never a sensible discussion about board performance because of the shrillness of the anti-board brigade.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Well I'm pleased we have at least got a few players in today to add to the ones brought in earlier in the month because we are going to need them in the next few months. I would have liked another striker ( a big centre-forward who could hold the ball up...we have no-one who can do this) and a winger but it was hope rather than expectation. Scott Allan will arrive in the summer when we can then hopefully get him completely up to match fitness with a good pre-season. It was always a bit of a forlorn hope we would get him this month.
It's been a strange few days to say the least. No management team and still bringing in players. Most of these deals would have been worked on for weeks, it's just in the last day or so that the final touches to the deals are done. They would have most likely been players Lennon was intending to bring in anyway.
There is a short-termism about them as most are loans till the end of the season but that is the reality of the hugely overhyped January transfer window. We do not have a manager yet. Hopefully we can get something announced very soon even if it is a caretaker boss till the summer. That is when the real building will occur with the new man shaping up his squad for 2019/20. Until then we have to make a huge effort to secure a top 6 finish and hopefully a good Scottish cup run.

Hibs v St.Johnstone

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel