The spendid Albert Finney RIP (2 Viewers)

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Saturday Night and Sunday Morning is one of the best films that I have ever watched, several times over. Johnny Dankworth's incidental music was great throughout it too.

BIG G

moathibby

Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
Albert Finney was like a proper actor without being effete.You could believe he was a turnner or he went fishing and rode a bike.But he could do Shakespeare too when asked.One of his finest moments was in Erin Brokervich,he played the slightly washed out errasible lawyer very well.Also it was the first film I saw of Julia Roberts that it dawned on me she could actually act.I think he will be missed in the film industry.Directors and Producers will be saying'What we need is an Albert Finney type'and he'll no' be around.

Bofahibee

Flag Owner
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
What a screen presence he was - a British Brando (and one that never got immensely fat, went mental and killed his daughter’s fella).

Saturday Night Sunday morning - what a film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
The man was some talent. One of those actors who could play any character and make it convincing.

One of his roles that seems to fly under the radar is mob boss Leo O'Bannan in Millers Crossing. Great supporting role in a marvellous film.

Last edited:
Reactions: moathibby

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
Great actor...loved Saturday night and Sunday Morning.

moathibby

Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
there was a film on last night-it was a bit late so I didnae stay up to watch it where he's playing a bus conductor and it took me right back to those days and I was thinking feck me that's just like my old man.

numptyploom

Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
there was a film on last night-it was a bit late so I didnae stay up to watch it where he's playing a bus conductor and it took me right back to those days and I was thinking feck me that's just like my old man.
He was a gay bus conductor?

moathibby

Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
I never watched the film all the way through,I saw the first five or so minutes.I presume my dad wasn't gay as he produced me, my two brothers and sister.But he was informed that two of his sons were bisexual if that's any good to you.

numptyploom

Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
I never watched the film all the way through,I saw the first five or so minutes.I presume my dad wasn't gay as he produced me, my two brothers and sister.But he was informed that two of his sons were bisexual if that's any good to you.
It was said jokingly!

Reactions: moathibby

Dundee v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel