• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Aberdeen V Hibernian

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Not seen any club pre match interviews thsi week, but I would presume there is a tiny bit more spring in the step of the manager and players after a decent performance v Celtc and a good result down a Killie? We all know the corner is not turned and whilst the sheep are struggling, they always give us a hard game up in the frozen north.

I am heading up with a car full, but expect that ony 500 hardy souls will make the long drive north?

On the team front, only change I foresee from last Saturday is Porto replacing Jackson, so my suggested Hecky line up is:

Maxwell to continue his decent run in the team

James, who had a very good game last week

Porto, because he makes us better

Paul, who plays better when beside Porto

Lewis, of course.

Hallberg, who I really think is coming on to a game

Vela in and around Hallberg, as that is the Hecky way

Middleton on the left, as that is the Hecky way

Mallan on the right, as that was Hecky's way last week and it worked a bit

Scotty through the middle behind....

Doidge, who done a shift last week but needs to get the goals in?

What are your thoughts?

See some of you in the tundra the morn.

Fit like?

Hibernian Forever!

I'd love to see another striker on and I still think 3-5-2 is the way to go while we are goal-shy.

I'd pick:

Maxwell
Whittaker Porto Hanlon
James Hallberg Lewy
Vela
Allan
Doidge Kamberi

@1875 has the more likely line-up though.

Given that the Heckster will play 4-5-1 I'm expecting a dishwater 1-1 draw. Still better than I might have been expecting after the derby mind you...

I just can help feeling that with a bit of confidence we have the bodies to go up there and give the sheep a bloody nose while they are licking their wounds from last week, but hey ho.

His usual one-up front formation and playing for a 0-0 ?

I'll be there and looking forward to it as for the first time in a while we've some positives to build on. BUT we need to put on a performance here to build on it as a flat performance puts us back to square 1.

We get the 1st goal and the home crowd could turn putting the opposition under pressure for a change.

Want to see Middleton getting more involved and running at their full backs who looked anything but comfortable at ibrox last week. He really could do with laying down a marker.

1-0 win for us with a Doidge header ?

Hoping we rekindle the spirit of 2012 where we romped to our last away win v The Sheep with goals from Sean O'Hanlon and, er, an own goal. At least GMS no longer plays for them as he was usually good for a goal or penalty (dive) against us!

Pretty much same team as last week but Porteous in for Jackson.

Dunno what to expect from this game. The Celtic game gave us some hope but all in all we could have been dead n burried if Celtic took there chances. But we got away with a draw and a little confidence boost so hopefully we take that onto this game.

Not won at Pittodrie for SEVEN YEARS now. Bring back three points from the grey tundra, and we can start talking about corners being turned...

Would take a draw right now..

I always get a bad feeling when we are playing a team that has been hammered the week before. Aberdeen are under massive pressure to beat Hibs tomorrow and I expect them to throw everything at us from the start. This game IMO will be equally as difficult for Hibs as the Celtic game was last Saturday. We have a terrible record at Pittodrie so it's about time we got a decent result up there. If Hibs score first that will just add to the pressure on their players, so hopefully we can get that first goal. I think it will be the same team as last week but with Porteous replacing Adam Jackson. Going for a 1-1 draw which would be a good result.

See us try to contain them for the first hour, then maybe open things up. Seems the Heckingbottom way.

I'll take an away draw. Good shout for a nil nil...

Hibs win.

We'll play for the draw, dont see much goal threat from us.

Same team minus one ‘enforced’ change. Same commitment (but more bravery going forward and ‘working the second phase’ as my Slovenian pal said last Saturday) will result in Hibernian win.

I think you’re spot on with the team - liking the look of Hallberg - I wonder if he was. Hecky or procurement team choice

0-3 Hibernian @ 40/1. Splendid.
BIG G

That lot will get at least one penalty. Total nap.

0-1.
On a wet, getting wetter, pittodrie.
Take raincoat.

That lot will get at least one penalty. Total nap.
Yep. My brother reckons Aberdeen are masters at conning referees into penalties during a game, particularly late on in a game. They do get a ridiculous amount of penalties when you look at the stats.

Yep. My brother reckons Aberdeen are masters at conning referees into penalties during a game, particularly late on in a game. They do get a ridiculous amount of penalties when you look at the stats.

that’s worth publicizing

Who’s taken over diving duties for them in the absence of GMS?

0-1.
On a wet, getting wetter, pittodrie.
Take raincoat.

Is it raining, it says its to be dry there today? Should I bring my pacamac?

Is it raining, it says its to be dry there today? Should I bring my pacamac?
Confucius say; take raincoat.
If raining, coat on. If not raining coat off.
If raining and no coat....daft cu&t with no coat, get wet.

Showers coming in off the East coast. Could miss. Could hit.

Last edited:
Would take a draw. There won't be any big sudden improvements in our performances or style of play and we will need to be patient and hope that we get better as confidence grows after improved results. A defeat or two will be a big setback as the team would then be changed again while he tries to find the right formula and players confidence dips.

There definitely won't be any imminent changes to the 1 up front either. He has found a formation and team that got a couple of improved results and he will stick with that in the hope that players will lift their games as they get games under their belts and are familiar with those around them.

After today, we have a run of games that we should be looking to pick up a good few wins with more focus on attacking football. Boyle might add some pace and directness which we definitely need. Maybe see him towards the end of the month from the bench.

Slowly but surely aye.

We really need a win today. Aberdeen are a streetwise team that are able to grind results out even by playing poorly. Generally up there we've not had the best of games in recent years. Hopefully we get a slice of luck along with a committed performance. Hard to see where the goals will come from. You only need to look at the stats in recent games to show we aren't working opposition keepers anywhere near enough. Two shots on target last week and the same over 120 minutes in the cup.

3 nil for the sheep
Put an end to this myth that we played well last week

Not disputing they get lots of penalties or their legitimacy however it does suggest they get players in the box on a regular basis, that is something we just dont do enough.

Until we start getting midfielders beyond our sole striker we won’t pose much of a goal threat or increase chances of a pk.

As expected but Middleton dropped for Horgan

Attachments

• BE236A6F-E04C-476F-8B53-EB897E67C675.png
    BE236A6F-E04C-476F-8B53-EB897E67C675.png
    401.7 KB · Views: 19
As expected but Middleton dropped for Horgan
I know it's what we expected but what a travesty havin Kamberi on the bench every week, only comin on for the last 10 mins when we're (hopefully not) 2-0 down...

'Moan the Hibs!

Aberdeen playing two up Cosgrove and Main, cant see us getting anything with this one up front, back to reality I fear.

Scrappy match, hibs slightly better, doidge should have scored, story so far.

Half time. Hibs played well for 25 mins, Aberdeen better in the last 25, scrappy even match so far.

0-0 ht phb script adhered to so far...

Any streams?

Aberdeen looked to be overrunning our powderpuff midfield by the end of that half. Hope that doesn’t continue..

Half time. Hibs played well for 25 mins, Aberdeen better in the last 25, scrappy even match so far.
Can't see where a goal is coming from in the Hibs team. Maybe banking on the sheep making a mistake. Agree we have faded out the game towards the end of the half.

The game is on rangerstv on iptv

Hibs 0-1 Porteous

Cmon hibs

Yaaassss!!

This thread has been viewed 12757 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50