The royal wedding

HenryLB

Donator
Private Member
Registered
Dec 19, 2002
London
Worth the viewing just for Sarah Rafferty
You're not wrong. The lady who plays 'Scottie' in the early series is quite something as well.

pq123

Registered
Player Sponsor
Aug 30, 2002
Edinburgh
The BBC is contracted to produce a 'good news story about the royal family every day', Nicholas Witchel is part of the contract. The Monarch is the Head of the established Church of England. Some of the republican comments on this thread are seditious and threaten the fabric of UK life.
Therefore, I strongly advise boucers to refrain from abuse of UK royalty and their status.

The alternative is that you will be eating your recently purchased Tesco's snack outwith the Windsor walls.
This is some F!*!ing party:rollfloor.

PQ123

Bofahibee

Flag Owner
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Gray Boot Sponsor
Nov 15, 2012
South
I don’t think Nicolas Witchell is the BBC’s Royal Correspondent any more. I think it’s Jonny Dymond who is much less sycophantic. In fact he was surprised as anyone when he got the job due to previous comments he had made.

Nicholas Witchell may come on as a sub but I think the BBC will play Hugh Edwards who is their Paul Hanlon - solid at the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Oct 12, 2002
EH15
Can't think of much worse things than settling down for the day to watch that nonsense. Last royal wedding I went to Carrick Shore for the weekend, by happy coincidence this Saturday I'm driving down there again for the day.

Well done Scotland though, the only pre-planned wedding party had to be cancelled due to severe lack of interest.

I know nothing about the girl he's marrying, but I see tabloid media here and America have devised a plan to ruin his chance of walking his daughter down the aisle. Irrespective of opinions on the royal family, concocting a situation that leads to that is heartless.

Administrator
Private Member
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jul 17, 2003
Muir of Houston
www.hibeesbounce.com
As a republican, I would rather eat my own shite than have any part in this royalist pish. ****s are getting married same day as I did tae, the pricks. Me and the Mrs will be oot eating and drinking ignoring the rich, but hoping for a Celtc win in the cup final.

Vive la Republic!

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Feb 22, 2004
Edinburgh
I'm neither here nor there with regard to the royals...I can just never quite understand the fascination with them particularly in England. The media down there look at them as if they are their own family. Hope they enjoy their wedding.

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Oct 12, 2002
EH15
Is that right? Superb.
Insomuch as I read it on twitter earlier in the week. So mibbe not!

Ben Shepherd on TV this morning, wanted the big screens at both finals tomorrow to show the wedding on the big screens at Hampden/Wembley 'because everyone there will be watching the wedding on their phones anyway' :rollfloor

Shepherd seems alright, likes football, normal enough guy...but if that's the mindset of your average English guy, we're fuckin doomed as a species.

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Dec 30, 2006
Montrose Terrace Massive

Ben Shepherd on TV this morning, wanted the big screens at both finals tomorrow to show the wedding on the big screens at Hampden/Wembley 'because everyone there will be watching the wedding on their phones anyway' :rollfloor

Shepherd seems alright, likes football, normal enough guy...but if that's the mindset of your average English guy, we're fuckin doomed as a species.
That is messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plasticman

Private Member
Registered
Nov 8, 2012
Edinburghs seaside

Hey Mark,

Presuming we saw the same one - it was a tweet of a news story from the last one (Baldie and the baby machine).

Thing is if you are right about the average Englishman surely we wouldnt keep seeing the same pair of fruitcake freaks on every news report on the latest mariage? Ive no idea who Ben Shepard is, but seems like hes just part of this circle of the media feeding the media about it.

Ive been down and no one Ive spoken too has even mentioned it, so I surmise they dont give a fuck. May just be my circles though. This is the most I have thought or said about it.

M

BurbankHibee

Micro$oft Hating Radge
Registered
Monthly Radge
Jan 9, 2003
Burbank, CA
It is getting a little bit of TV coverage on the news here, just before the "cat stuck up a tree" story. Actually it was sandwiched between a dog rescued off the freeway this morning and a soldier reunited with a dog they had rescued in Iraq. A live feed from the venue with a reporter in a fancy hat. I wasn't paying too much attention but there was some excitement about how much the wedding was adding to the local economy, the souvenirs etc. Very few people have broached the subject with me but I have heard of a couple of people who will be up at 4:00am to watch.

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Oct 26, 2004
Right here, right now
Is that right? Superb.
Not so sure. Markle in East Lothian is hosting a public party.

They're seemingly pretty busy at the moment with tourists visiting to have their photo taken by the village name sign :lookaround:

Johnny Kash

Private Member
Registered
Jul 22, 2005
a land downunder
As a republican, I would rather eat my own $#@!e than have any part in this royalist pish. ****s are getting married same day as I did tae, the pricks. Me and the Mrs will be oot eating and drinking ignoring the rich, but hoping for a Celtc win in the cup final.

Vive la Republic!
Im sure Well will play gallantly but inevitably cave in against Scotlands' other institution. The media will fawn over the all conquering establishment team and we can all play spot the saltire in the tic end.

Vive le Republic indeed :detective:

Administrator
Private Member
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jul 17, 2003
Muir of Houston
www.hibeesbounce.com
Im sure Well will play gallantly but inevitably cave in against Scotlands' other institution. The media will fawn over the all conquering establishment team and we can all play spot the saltire in the tic end.

Vive le Republic indeed :detective:
My preference is simple, Celtc win, Hibs get in Europe. We deserve that.

Otherwise I may have been in the Well end with my SS pals, the offer was there.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Jun 28, 2002

Pretty weird the fawning over the Royals. Almost as weird as the irrational hatred others have.

Can't say I'll be watching the wedding, although I'll probably gawp at the 'scenes' on the news.

I didn't knock back invitations to have some scran at their expense, but I'd balk at having to actually pay to have a bit of scoff in their company.

Still, if it keeps folk entertained and gives them someone to doff their caps to that can't be a bad thing eh.

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Registered
Jan 16, 2008
The Netherlands
www.twitter.com
Still, if it keeps folk entertained and gives them someone to doff their caps to that can't be a bad thing eh.
I actually think it is, to be totally honest.

It's a stark reminder, if any were needed, that the importance of birth is firmly entrenched in this country. How intelligent, industrious, talented or imaginative you are doesn't matter; what matters is what family you were born into, because that'll have the biggest impact on your future.

We could all work for 100 years and still not be able to afford what's going to be given to these two for free over the course of today. And I don't mean each, I meant if we all worked and then pooled our wages together. Possibly incorporating a whip round. And a crowdfunder. The rumour is that today's soiree is costing around £32,000,000 of taxpayer's money.

In short, this 'entertainment' is celebrating everything that's wrong with modern society.

Just my view.

Last edited:

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Jun 28, 2002
I actually think it is, to be totally honest.

It's a stark reminder, if any were needed, that the importance of birth is firmly entrenched in this country. How intelligent, industrious, talented or imaginative you are doesn't matter; what matters is what family you were born into, because that'll have the biggest impact on your future.

We could all work for 100 years and still not be able to afford what's going to be given to these two for free over the course of today. And I don't mean each, I meant if we all worked and then pooled our wages together. Possibly incorporating a whip round. And a crowdfunder. The rumour is that today's soiree is costing around £32,000,000 of taxpayer's money.

In short, this 'entertainment' is celebrating everything that's wrong with modern society.

Just my view.
I can't disagree with any of your points - social class is indeed a major factor in determining your likely success in life, although there are some of us working class folk who have clawed our way out of the hoi polloi.

My post was simply a knee jerk reaction based on my bemusement that so many people (and loads of the folk most exploited by the hooray henry gang) seem to be so desperate to celebrate such a non event.

You obviously think a bit before you post.

I should maybe try that.