• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The Next Manager Thread....

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Reaction score
Who do you all want to replace Lennon. Gutted he's gone, think he would have turned it around. Steve Clarke would be a great replacement, don't see him leaving Killie though. Strachan if he'd come would do for me.

Left field but Jack Ross? I think he's out of his depth with big bucks but maybe we're his level

Strachan might be willing to come in till the end of the season?

Who do you all want to replace Lennon. Gutted he's gone, think he would have turned it around. Steve Clarke would be a great replacement, don't see him leaving Killie though. Strachan if he'd come would do for me.
Either of those would do me .

We need unity and a squad of fairies and sensitive souls need their egos massaged. I'd give it to Stubbs until the summer.

We need unity and a squad of fairies and sensitive souls need their egos massaged. I'd give it to Stubbs until the summer.
Not sure he'd come back.

Strachan might be willing to come in till the end of the season?
IMO this is what will happen if Lennon is gone.

Not sure he'd come back.

If May and Murray are refusing to take the team on Sunday that concerns me more than anything. It suggests to me they feel Lennon has been allowed to be undermined by certain players. Unless it's serious the manager should be allowed to manage.

If May and Murray are refusing to take the team on Sunday that concerns me more than anything. It suggests to me they feel Lennon has been allowed to be undermined by certain players. Unless it's serious the manager should be allowed to manage.
Gareth Evans being quoted as possibly stepping up to help.

Gareth Evans being quoted as possibly stepping up to help.

Great.

Tommy Wright - maybe but probably not a great fit
Steve Clarke obviously but almost no chance he would come

Jody Morris

I want no one with a previous connection to Hibs

I'd imagine that'll be recruitment for this window now done. This squad isn't good enough. Lacks firepower. Can't help but think Neil Lennon has been frustrated. He spoke of hoping to have "two or three" on the plane to Dubai. As per usual we've been slow off the mark. And now briefing The Scotsman that the board didn't have full confidence in his transfer expectations this month.

Our squad is ravaged with injs and paper thin. Lennon been going on about a striker since December and yet here we are, 5 days before window closes with nothing

we have signed 2 loans, lost Efe, Harry and Boyle long term.

We are actually in a worse position than we were on 31st December incredibly.

Great.

Tommy Wright - maybe but probably not a great fit
Steve Clarke obviously but almost no chance he would come

Jody Morris

I want no one with a previous connection to Hibs
Tommy Wright and Steve Clarke are definite possibilities. I don't see any reason why not.

I honestly do not believe that this suspension will be anything to do with player budgets and signings. Everything to do with potential signings and budgets will have been discussed and agreed towards the tail end of last year and certainly prior to the January window opening. Some serious incident has clearly happened between the manager and the players resulting in this action.

Last edited:
I'd imagine that'll be recruitment for this window now done. This squad isn't good enough. Lacks firepower. Can't help but think Neil Lennon has been frustrated. He spoke of hoping to have "two or three" on the plane to Dubai. As per usual we've been slow off the mark. And now briefing The Scotsman that the board didn't have full confidence in his transfer expectations this month.
Saw that. Moira Gordon running with the story that the Board didn't concur with his opinion of the squad. Mind you, we've a thread on here where folk have criticised his recruitment too.

Well, there goes the last drop of 2016 vintage feel good down the plug hole...

Saw that. Moira Gordon running with the story that the Board didn't concur with his opinion of the squad. Mind you, we've a thread on here where folk have criticised his recruitment too.

Meaning the board think our squad is fine? Hilarious if true

I honestly do no believe that this suspension will be anything to do with player budgets and signings. Everything to do with potential signings and budgets will have been discussed and agreed towards the tail end of last year and certainly prior to the January window opening. Some serious incident has clearly happened between the manager and the players resulting in this action.
According to reports it stemmed from a heated discussion with the squad this afternoon where players then went to Dempster to complain. He was subsequently pulled in and suspended along with Parker. We probably won't get much information other than there was a disagreement and the club have decided to part ways later this morning.

Meaning the board think our squad is fine? Hilarious if true

We all agree Terry Butcher was an abomination of a manager. However, our same board told him January 2014 that the squad was more than good enough.

We can all look forward to an unknown under 21 signed on loan from a English Championship club in the next few days.

No manager is ever happy with his squad. However, Its been obvious for some time that Neil Lennon and Garry Parker felt we needed better in this window. Neil Lennon has quite obviously become increasingly frustrated. For me Moira Gordon has been briefed by our PR extraordinaire, a certain smelly arrogant individual, that our board have concluded Neil Lennon is wrong and they are right.

Today's events appear almost fortuitous verging on convenient for our board going by the briefing to Moira Gordon.

The silence in recent weeks from Leeann Dempster and George Craig has been deafening.....

Bottom six we are. I'm very disappointed tonight and 2016 feels a very very long time ago. I honestly wish the season ended now.

Left field but Jack Ross? I think he's out of his depth with big bucks but maybe we're his level
Unfortunately Jack Ross doesn't appear to be out of his depth at all. 4 points off the top of the division with a game in hand and lost only two matches this season.

No manager is ever happy with his squad. However, Its been obvious for some time that Neil Lennon and Garry Parker felt we needed better in this window. Neil Lennon has quite obviously become increasingly frustrated. For me Moira Gordon has been briefed by our PR extraordinaire, a certain smelly arrogant individual, that our board have concluded Neil Lennon is wrong and they are right.

Today's events appear almost fortuitous verging on convenient for our board going by the briefing to Moira Gordon.

The silence in recent weeks from Leeann Dempster and George Craig has been deafening.....

Bottom six we are. I'm very disappointed tonight and 2016 feels a very very long time ago. I honestly wish the season ended now.

The writing was on the wall before the season even started. Lennon wanted more bodies in before the last window and wasn't subsequently backed. There's no danger Lennon was happy starting the season with just two forwards and a young development squad laddie for cover. He also wanted another midfielder, someone that could replace McGinn(irreplaceable). Didn't happen.

Season starts and becomes a struggle as injuries take there toll. We then sign Nelom, some other foreign player and Milligan. Looking around the rest of the league, I don't see this kind of desperation from our competition.

John Doolan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommy Wright

A Scottish Cup and regular Europe with one of the smallest teams in the league speaks volumes.

This club needs a proven Scottish Premiership manager that can piss with the cock he has got.

Temp manager till end of Season then all out to get Clarke for me. If the players have forced him out they bloody well better get their finger out know!

Who are these players??? Getting constantly abused and not liking it doesn’t make you a fairy. Stubbs hope not

FFS hopefully players don’t have that attitude. Perhaps l should not go to paisley...

Lenny days been numbered for ages ... he didn’t want to be here ... could that influence what’s happening

No chance we're getting Clarke so I'd be aiming for Tommy Wright.

Gary Holt? Working wonders at Livvi and has contacts down south after being 1st team coach at Norwich

Does that mean they think we don't need anymore in ? Scary if this is the case .

Last edited:
This is not great news but in some ways not the biggest surprise to me. I felt Neil L 's criticism of say Flo K after the home game with Livvy was shocking. He singled out Flo who had a great game compared say to a very powder puff Ollie S. We have seen of late the mess that was Jose M ( huge ego living on previous glory ) was at Man U how he knocked the confidence and ultimately the performance of young players such as Rashford and Pogba. Then Jose goes Ole comes in ( very much puts an arm round the players ) and Man U go on an 8 game unbeaten run. Maybe NL is living on past glories with his beloved Celtic. It appears Brenda R wont be at Celtic next season and I could see NL back there in a shot so this suspension may work nicely in his favour.
I would try and get Stubbs back or Gordon S until end of season.

FFS hopefully players don’t have that attitude. Perhaps l should not go to paisley...

Lenny days been numbered for ages ... he didn’t want to be here ... could that influence what’s happening
Lennon didn't want to be here ?
That's nonsense

Give Michael O’Neil a phone

It's got to be Strachan. That would be a result.

Have just read the Moira Gordon piece and it stinks of old Hibs and Forsyth. Really concerning if the board were holding back money that was in the budget or are themselves judging the squad. I still argue Lennon’s been backed financially and the players he has brought in haven’t been up to it. However if the board are/were of this opinion they should have had the cahoonas to sack him on 1 Jan and bring someone in, not carry on regardless and withhold funds - if true.

Give Michael O’Neil a phone

I'd imagine he already had one

I hope not.

From the frying pan right into the fire.

From the frying pan right into the fire.

I doubt this board will ever again sanction a non yes man.

Lennon didn't want to be here ?
That's nonsense
Is it ...

I doubt this board will ever again sanction a non yes man.
can see that happening.. Lenny too hot to handle

This thread has been viewed 26133 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50