• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

The Next Manager Thread.....

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
That’s how the club is set up, so I think you are spot on.
But that won’t go down well with some fans.
Why I was surprised by the Neil Lennon appointment. I always felt Alan Stubbs was much more fitted to the template.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Why I was surprised by the Neil Lennon appointment. I always felt Alan Stubbs was much more fitted to the template.
Again - I totally agree.
Having heard 'the vision' as told by Leeann and George where the Hibs Template could be filled by the odd missing piece without total re-builds needed every time, I was pretty surprised too. I expected Lennon to be 'coach' as in his title, but clearly he wanted to run the whole show - hence some of his fall outs with fitness staff etc. I wouldn't be at all surprised if his job expectations versus the role the Board had set out were at least part of the issue.

It was a brilliant two seasons while it lasted though.

But we move on.....

Central_Hibee

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Hearing we have permission to discuss the vacacy with Tommy Wright???

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Oh Christ - mediocrity here we come. Middle table maybe top six but never in relegation trouble :wow:
I dunno, like, I think that's a bit unfair, given what he's achieved with St J on a fraction of our budget. Who's to say with better resources he wouldn't excel?

Central_Hibee

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Oh Christ - mediocrity here we come. Middle table maybe top six but never in relegation trouble :wow:
I don't know what his coaching etc is like, but he seems to have done well at St J and plays a fair few attacking players. Scottish cup win along the way.

Central_Hibee

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
I dunno, like, I think that's a bit unfair, given what he's achieved with St J on a fraction of our budget. Who's to say with better resources he wouldn't excel?
Danny Swanson seems to thrive under him. Maybe he has a better mix of aggression and arm around treatment. At the same time he likes the odd touchline bust up so I would be glad we wouldn't be losing that entertainment :burnout:

Kenny

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
i do find it odd that players play well tommy wright bat fail to "step on" elsewhere

o halloran
stevie may
wotherspoon
liam craig
swanson

either he is a good coach or he needs a certain type of player.

wouldnt be the worst appointment

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
i do find it odd that players play well tommy wright bat fail to "step on" elsewhere

o halloran
stevie may
wotherspoon
liam craig
swanson

either he is a good coach or he needs a certain type of player.

wouldnt be the worst appointment
Spoony has only been at Hibs, then Sainties so he can't be included.
Liam Craig wasn't as bad as he was painted at Hibs (in my opinion) just a bad time. He was played out of position and spent too much time moaning at referees. But I'll give you him. :sm113:
Danny - a terrible time off field, but didn't help himself.............. so on balance I'll give you that one too.
May and OHalloran - totally!

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Thought we were looking at a younger sort of coach, in the Stubbs type of mould, rather than a manager?
That's the job description. (Not the 'younger' bit obviously.) Nothing wrong with being er....... not so young.
:sparkle-cool:

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I'd be OK with Wright. Achieved miracles with his budget.

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
If StJ are allowing Hibs to speak to their manager then they obviously aren't that bothered in keeping him. If he was doing that great a job for them they wouldn't give that permission. That's how I look at it

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
If StJ are allowing Hibs to speak to their manager then they obviously aren't that bothered in keeping him. If he was doing that great a job for them they wouldn't give that permission. That's how I look at it
Tosh. Nobody could forward any argument to suggest he's not hugely overachieved at St Johnstone.

He's recently signed a new contract with them. Presumably they were not that bothered about keeping him that they offered him that for a laugh?

I have no idea but I'd imagine he had a clause inserted into his contract.

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Tosh. Nobody could forward any argument to suggest he's not hugely overachieved at St Johnstone.

He's recently signed a new contract with them. Presumably they were not that bothered about keeping him that they offered him that for a laugh?

I have no idea but I'd imagine he had a clause inserted into his contract.
I'm conditioned to be suspicious and questioning

West Indies

Bounce Radge
Unless Strachan fancies it, I doubt we will get a manager with anything like the high profile Lennon has.
Which means quite a number of fans are going to be ‘underwhelmed’.

Just saying.
Yip absolutely correct. Can just see him with scarf held over head & everyone saying who is he???

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
We got Butchet in cos he did great things on a shoestring with Ross C and look how that turned out!

I'd prefer for the long run a youngish but not starter coach who could dovetail into the new infrastructure Hibs are trying to create. Not boythrred if no SPFL experience either, tho would be nice.

Hibs v St.Johnstone

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel