• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The Next Manager Thread....

Sorry, my previous post doesn't make sense, but was actually in reply to metaldave's post on Collins golfing with Petrie, and so just to reiterate - please, please, pretty please no.

It was a horrendous window as was the previous summer. We signed a quality of player who shouldn't be near Easter Road. That said Duncan Watmore not the worst we've ever signed.

Transfer Deadline Day: Hibs land Watmore, Boateng & Haynes

Oh look, loan deals, something's never change :coffee1:

We need unity and a squad of fairies and sensitive souls need their egos massaged. I'd give it to Stubbs until the summer.
Why does the squad need that ?

Seems we have a new man in place already.

Personally don’t was AS back. Was good when he was here but had his limitations and wouldn’t want his SC status tarnished with a 2nd failed spell

Just said on the telly, BBCLies, that Alan Stubbs would be interested in returning to our club.

If it's not to be AS I think we maybe need a big name again. Someone with a big club attitude, with the same baws as Neil Lennon, someone who fears no-one (except Leeann ;-).

Or someone like AS from a big clubs system, dare I say the sevco manager came from the same background and is doing better than we all thought.

No idea who this person might be.
I don’t fancy Stubbs . Was useless at Rotherham , more useless at St Mirren , where he apparently tried to introduce some bizarre ideas that he must have read about in some management manual .
When I’ve seen him on TV at games giving his views , I’ve always been “ all ears “ to see ( that doesn’t sound right does it ) ? if he comes out with some kind of inspiring view on the game and pick out some tactically interesting points but he never does .

He's a Cnut
Did allright his first season at the jambos.

Did allright his first season at the jambos.
Did he? Like i personally give a turd, Seriously though i've not wavered from the view that Doolan could do a job for us.

I'll give Jordan this much, he provided two great moments in a Scotland jersey. World Cup qualifier at Hampden V Czech Republic and his infamous handball V Wales at Anfield. Still wouldn't give him the Hibs gig though :noooo:

When we were in the Championship I was always of the opinion that Stubbs would have us performing much better in the SPL where he wasn't constantly coming up against sides aiming to stifle and "park the bus". This was kind of borne out when we did come up against quality opposition, such as Sevco or the Scumbos in the championship, or Aberdeen etc in cup competitions, we more often than not came out on top. I'd like to see him have a crack at managing us in the top division until the end of the season and see how we get on. Must be with Doolan and Holden though, so not sure how easy that will be to put in place.

When we were in the Championship I was always of the opinion that Stubbs would have us performing much better in the SPL where he wasn't constantly coming up against sides aiming to stifle and "park the bus". This was kind of borne out when we did come up against quality opposition, such as Sevco or the Scumbos in the championship, or Aberdeen etc in cup competitions, we more often than not came out on top.

Id worry about that. Youre not nessecarily free from cloggers in the Prem, there's about 4-5 teams in league fighting religation every year playing like that. I reckon Stubbs would have us getting results against the OF etc... But ultimately falling short because we drew every game against Dundee and got beat by Accies.

For all his positive qualities, dropping points to teams set up like that is what cost us promotion and a league cup.

Id worry about that. Youre not nessecarily free from cloggers in the Prem, there's about 4-5 teams in league fighting religation every year playing like that. I reckon Stubbs would have us getting results against the OF etc... But ultimately falling short because we drew every game against Dundee and got beat by Accies.

For all his positive qualities, dropping points to teams set up like that is what cost us promotion and a league cup.
Very true. Can easily see a Stubbs Hibs team getting rode all round St. Johnstone or Livi but playing like cavaliers at Ibrox

Is the shortlist short enough for us to have a poll?

BBC reporting John Carver (ex Newcastle temp manager) in the frame

BBC reporting John Carver (ex Newcastle assistant) in the frame
As in Newcastle 'perennial underachievers relative to budget and fan base' United? He'll fit right in.

This thread has been viewed 26134 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50