• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The New Ownership

Like any Hibs player not pulling their weight, they will be the butt if I think it needs said. I am not picking on him, I am writing my observations on his performances.

Wasn’t suggesting otherwise.
Quite the contrary.
If ‘just back’ thinks he walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and looks like a duck.... he probably is a fuck.

I don’t agree.

And that too is reassuring! ?

This should have been an easy transfer window. As soon as the season ended we should have pulled out the stops and signed McNulty and Omeonga. Fuck the penny pinching, get them tied down. What’s absolutely crucial and important is, these boys know the league. There’s no adjustments or bull shit, they slot right in and ready to go.

Now we have those two and add Scott Allan. That’s the quality. Now your looking for a ball winning midfielder, winger and maybe a couple of defenders. Those new players might not hit the ground running, but have quality round about them to help. What we have now is a fucking shambles. A hope and a prayer.

This should have been an easy transfer window. As soon as the season ended we should have pulled out the stops and signed McNulty and Omeonga. Fuck the penny pinching, get them tied down. What’s absolutely crucial and important is, these boys know the league. There’s no adjustments or bull shit, they slot right in and ready to go.

Now we have those two and add Scott Allan. That’s the quality. Now your looking for a ball winning midfielder, winger and maybe a couple of defenders. Those new players might not hit the ground running, but have quality round about them to help. What we have now is a fucking shambles. A hope and a prayer.
Dempster defending the transfer window and the signings. She truly has lost the plot. Can find no fault in what she does and she’s always correct.

Her latest beauty it would have cost £5 million over three years ?

Both McNulty and Omeonga are contracted with their parent clubs until the Summer of 2022 so they wouldn't come cheap at all. Speculation in the press was that Reading wanted as close to a mill as possible. No idea about Genoa but they've given the Belgian team an option to buy which will be of interest to see how much is eventually paid. I don't think there's ever an easy window although I understand you mean because we knew our targets well in advance. We seem to be extremely restricted in the area we work within to recruit players. I don't know if it's due to issues with work permits or not having the contacts that we seldom look beyond the lower leagues of England?

Dempster defending the transfer window and the signings. She truly has lost the plot. Can find no fault in what she does and she’s always correct.

Fag packet maths that’d work out as something like £10k a week each and a £1M transfer fee each. ?

Fag packet maths that’d work out as something like £10k a week each and a £1M transfer fee each. ?
Doesn't sound all that far off tbh. Whack in agent fees and NI contributions and you can shave a bit off the wages too.

We have spent money this summer, and probably all the players signed will be on comfortable six figure wages. The McGinn money should be intact (less whatever got pissed up a wall on loan fees in winter) but no surprise the player budget has been seen to

Out of the eight players brought so far in this summer, six have been secured on permanent deals. I cannot remember this happening at Hibs for many years. The only loans so far have been Maxwell ( a no.2 goalkeeper) and Middleton (an emergency signing which wouldn't have happened had Boyle not got injured). Being mainly English Championship and League One players (people in Scotland would be astonished at what players even at that level in English football earn) this will have cost Hibs a hefty amount of money through players signing on fees, transfer fees, agent fees and wages. I'm not surprised in the slightest that there is no more money available in the transfer budget for this summer. We got all our business done early which is what so many fans complain that we don't ever do. I think there will possibly be one or two ins and outs before the end of the window but that will be it...and I am still confident the squad will be capable of delivering a decent season for us.

Out of the eight players brought so far in this summer, six have been secured on permanent deals. I cannot remember this happening at Hibs for many years. The only loans so far have been Maxwell ( a no.2 goalkeeper) and Middleton (an emergency signing which wouldn't have happened had Boyle not got injured). Being mainly English Championship and League One players (people in Scotland would be astonished at what players even at that level in English football earn) this will have cost Hibs a hefty amount of money through players signing on fees, transfer fees, agent fees and wages. I'm not surprised in the slightest that there is no more money available in the transfer budget for this summer. We got all our business done early which is what so many fans complain that we don't ever do. I think there will possibly be one or two ins and outs before the end of the window but that will be it...and I am still confident the squad will be capable of delivering a decent season for us.
As Hecky says previously players wont be coming here for the money , theres no way we are paying over the odds for these players.

As Hecky says previously players wont be coming here for the money , theres no way we are paying over the odds for these players.
I'm not saying we are paying over the odds, what i'm saying is that coming from English football they will have cost a fair amount of money and will have taken up the majority of our budget. We have to trust the managers judgement...and that trust has to extend a fair bit beyond two league games in which we have won one of them.

I'm certainly not one who is calling for his head and tbh I dont think many are , but I seen all the pre season games as well fit or not , you know when you see a decent player .
I think the 99 % of the support concerns are the signings are poor except allan .
We all want our team to be successful let's hope it works out ok .

I'm not saying we are paying over the odds, what i'm saying is that coming from English football they will have cost a fair amount of money and will have taken up the majority of our budget. We have to trust the managers judgement...and that trust has to extend a fair bit beyond two league games in which we have won one of them.

I agree with you GM, however the other point, that has been missed is the fact none of them seem good value for the "fair amount of money" they cost.

I agree with you GM, however the other point, that has been missed is the fact none of them seem good value for the "fair amount of money" they cost.
But I can't understand how fans can come to that sort of conclusion after only two league games ? We will surely have a better idea of whether we have got value for money or not once we have at least played all the teams in our league. If we are toiling at that stage and the new players still haven't shown enough, then yes..we can then legitimately criticise the signing policy. I just think it is way too soon at this stage. Remember these players have came from a completely different footballing environment, a different league etc. Most lower league English players who come to play in Scotland are taken aback by the pace of the game up here and how frenetic it is. I think we have to give these guys time to fully adjust. I will be as critical as anyone of things if by say the end of the first quarter of the season we are struggling badly in the league.

Fag packet maths that’d work out as something like £10k a week each and a £1M transfer fee each. [emoji33]

Which, as GM said, sounds about right.

Agree with everything you say here, aside from the last sentence - PH has been categorical on more than one occasion that we are done. Unless he’s a fool, if we weren’t finished, surely he’d use some euphemistic phrases (eg “you never know”) to keep the fans onside without being explicit.

I’m also less than confident we’ll have a “decent season” - that’s partly the problem. Where we’re at financially and crowd-wise, we should at the very least all be confident of that. However, at this point in time, I feel like we could just as easily finish ninth as fourth.

Innit. Underwhelming to say the least. And unexciting to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If in a couple of months time the team are still set up like they're trying to play against AC Milan and not lose by more than five, and the new players are all still scratching around like old hens, and Ron has sold the East Stand to a scaffolding firm who are busy dismantling it, then I feel like we'll have the information needed to have a decisive opinion on all this stuff. Feels to me like at the moment we don't. Yet.

We won't be adding to the current squad size, however I think we may see one or two to leave and to be replaced.

We won't be adding to the current squad size, however I think we may see one or two to leave and to be replaced.

If Shaw does go out on loan, we need another forward for sure.

The biggest thing this current team lacks is a big character or personality.

I cannot believe the way things are, only Hibs after a take over would turn it around and kill folks good hopes, no feel good factor, no decent signings... totally bemused but not surprising, some things never change, except how sick i am getting of the whole Hibs thing

I admire your optimism. But you're out of sync with what most fans are thinking.

I dont have any of your confidence this squad and this manager will deliver us a decent season.

LD claimed Oli Shaw was one of the finest young talents in European football.

LD claimed Oli Shaw was one of the finest young talents in European football.
I think she needs to smoke something less potent.

Last edited:
But I can't understand how fans can come to that sort of conclusion after only two league games ? We will surely have a better idea of whether we have got value for money or not once we have at least played all the teams in our league. If we are toiling at that stage and the new players still haven't shown enough, then yes..we can then legitimately criticise the signing policy. I just think it is way too soon at this stage. Remember these players have came from a completely different footballing environment, a different league etc. Most lower league English players who come to play in Scotland are taken aback by the pace of the game up here and how frenetic it is. I think we have to give these guys time to fully adjust. I will be as critical as anyone of things if by say the end of the first quarter of the season we are struggling badly in the league.

Because many fans have seen them play for 10 games, not two. You don't measure their abilities on league games only.

Because many fans have seen them play for 10 games, not two. You don't measure their abilities on league games only.

Exactly. A lot of players are signed or not signed on the basis of their performance in a trial game. Therefore, it isn't unreasonable for any fan to make an evaluation of any player after any game and especially 10 when it includes friendlies, competitive cup games and league games.

You’ve seen Hibs more than me this season, but from what I have seen I don’t think the players (new and existing) are being helped by the tactics at all?

You’ve seen Hibs more than me this season, but from what I have seen I don’t think the players (new and existing) are being helped by the tactics at all?

I agree, the 4 1 1 1 2 1 thing does not work, we are being overan in midfield, our best players are not getting the ball, some other best players are not even getting a start. Frankly almost the whole pre season for me has been a shambles. Our two performances in the league games have underlined that.

Other than pockets of good football v Arbroath in the cup, a reasonable game at Elgin and 10-15 minutes v Dunfermline and Carlisle, its been poor fare.

Great post. Pretty much how i see it. Far to early from the Doom squad or bed wetters. Let us play at least 12-15 games not 2.

Great post. Pretty much how i see it. Far to early from the Doom squad or bed wetters. Let us play at least 12-15 games not 2.

I am neither a bed wetter or member of a 'doom squad'. we have played 10 games, not 2.

Judging players on pre season game is foolish imo. They get 45mins in some of them. Mixed squads tae.

Judging players on pre season game is foolish imo. They get 45mins in some of them. Mixed squads tae.

I don't agree, five of the games were competitive.

Do you trust your instinct, though, SR? If so, what does it tell you? Unfortunately, mine says this is going to be a tough old season with present personnel, tactics and team formations.

I hope I'm wrong, though. Because, at present, it appears that our ten game run last season owed more to the then personnel at the club (i.e. someone else's team), especially the now departed McNulty and Omeonga (sp.?), than to any tactical or motivational genius on the part of PH. And that, allied to the apparent fact that NL had utterly lost the changing room, so the new guy was warmly welcomed, could be argued were the factors responsible for the good run.

This is PH's team. It consists largely of lower English division players who he signed.

As you rightly say, there is a long way to go. And I'm willing to persevere with him for a bit longer, too.

But the present prognosis is not positive. And things need to change for it to improve.

I'm positive on our future. But as i said real judgement will come after 12-15 games not a hand full of pre season and league cup (extended pre season).

I think McNulty and Omenonga we're never gonna happen, well out our reach financially. We had to rebuild again thanks to our previous manager bringing in so many loans and duff players (Nelom Mavrias)

The player's we have now that are ours apart from 2 excites me. If they perform they will be baught by other clubs and Hibs as a club financially will grow.

The thing is everything we are saying about Heckinbottom all his previous clubs supporters where saying, now thats worrying

A full round of league fixtures, plus the intervening cup games (of which I hope there’s a few), and if we’re not 4th or higher OR seen a significant upturn in performances then I’d say it’s time to get rid of PHB. Trying to keep my powder dry for just now but it’s difficult!

The thing is everything we are saying about Heckinbottom all his previous clubs supporters where saying, now thats worrying

I'm definitely more worried about the manager than the players. Although I'm worried about both.

A full round of league fixtures, plus the intervening cup games (of which I hope there’s a few), and if we’re not 4th or higher OR seen a significant upturn in performances then I’d say it’s time to get rid of PHB. Trying to keep my powder dry for just now but it’s difficult!

Yeah I agree. Signs are bad but let's not forget his long unbeaten run and - fair's fair - the team's significant achievement in getting into the to 6 and finishing above Hearts, a result which very few would have predicted and all would have grabbed with both hands at the start of his tenure. Can't really blame him for current some performances but not give him credit for others.

Will he produce a similar run again? I really doubt it, but it's not completely impossible. I think we should wait and see, make sure, and once we're sure get rid if necessary.

I don't agree, five of the games were competitive.
Spot on. One of only two trophies we can win.

I’ve never come away from a game under hecky and thought wow that was brilliant.

Obviously beating the gorgie tramps was good but the ripped us apart the first 30 mins

I accept what you are saying and you see more games than I do, but at the end of the day we won our section in the League Cup winning three games and drawing one. Yes I know we were up against part-time lower league teams and drawing with Stirling Albion was a crap result but many other top flight clubs suffered crap results and performances in the League Cup sections and some went out altogether. Tomorrow as a seeded club we face a Championship team at home because we did what we had to do in the League Cup section....and with an important goals contribution from the new players as well. IMO rightly or wrongly Heckingbottom treated these games like pre-season matches but he also knew we had to win them as they were competitive cup games. We done that. We then beat an improved St Mirren at home in the first game and though far from a vintage performance from Hibs, we should really have won by 3 or 4 goals. Last Sundays game was clearly a disaster, however we were playing a vastly improved huns team with the bit between their teeth at their own midden. Losing 4 goals in the last 16 minutes is completely unacceptable against any team, and the manager has to take a fair amount of responsibility for that. Going down to 10 men should have seen us at least organise properly and stop the flow of traffic towards our goal, but then again we didn't have a midfield player available to properly shore up that area of the park. My one real early criticism of the summer business so far is the lack of a proper ball winner in midfield. IMO you really do need at least one. Players who will fight and win the ball back.

As I said if we are struggling badly after the first round of league games (or if we get knocked out the cup by Morton tomorrow !!) then I will be as critical as anyone on here.

This thread has been viewed 8545 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back