• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The New Ownership

I've no idea why Ron's brought in..brings him no cache in the US as I doubt we're well known in the circles he moves.

I cant see him making a large enough sum from us to make it worthwhile for him. Having said that I've not really been taking enough notice of the land we own and whether its zoning means its worth a few bob.

He seems to have suggested in his interviews up til now that it will be pretty much business as usual with no real material change in budgets for playing staff.

Which kind of raises the question of why bother in the first place.

One thing I'd expect to see in the next 6 months having worked for US organisations most of my life is a fairly sweeping reorganisation of the way the club is structured. People working for the club will have to fully justify that they are performing in their roles..which could be interesting for our commercial dept imo. I expect us to see announcements about running leaner.

I'm feeling pretty downbeat about the club atm...it feels like the playing side is being neglected in favour of spin about how great a community club we are. I dont want Hibs to be turned into a Motherwell or St Johnstone..that's where it feels we're going ambition wise.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Aye can already see folk starting utter shite with no facts to go on. Talking of stripping assests and straiton it's like I've time travelled back to 2003.
People are allowed their opinions , what facts do you have ?

its true theres nothing really to prove anything quite that sinister but its pretty damn low key for sure

I think one of the intangibles we don’t know is how much farmer went looking to sell and how much ron went looking to buy.

@Robert Barone - I think from my experience of these things that a few heads will roll. I think reading between the lines the club could be doing an awful lot better commercially and brand awareness wide. It might be that stf and rp were the blocks, it may have been club employees.

I think there will be a benefit to hibs but I still suspect there’s a land deal or something at Straiton in the offing.
Sorry Bob I'm not getting you?

Straiton is Farmers land. His alone. Innit?

Ron got extra land in the deal from Farmer. But it wasn't extra land really as it was Hibernians anyway wasn't it? At East Mains I'm talking?

Sorry if I've picked you up wrong

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I wanted to see marching bands with a sousaphone player,baton twirlers and cheerleaders and folk coming round selling hotdogs.
An balloons and fireworks and family bbqs 2 hours before k.o.and matches that last 3 hours with 4 quarters and padded shouldered strips and random numbers being braked out before free kicks and loads of Hut hut hut whatever that means and pop corn and helmets for Edinburgh derbies and f sunshine on Leith I want some big fat mamma singing star spangled banner and a cast of 1000's on the subs bench ahhhhh only in America!:6::6::popcorn3::leb:

I wanted to see marching bands with a sousaphone player,baton twirlers and cheerleaders and folk coming round selling hotdogs.
And Fleetwood Mac singing Tusk.
‘ just say that you want me.’ ?

'Make Hibees Great Again'caps.

But most of all A TANNOY THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND!!!!

Condominiums instead of condoms.

Same facts as you but I'm no talking utter shite.

To all Hibs supporters please note new address.
Hiberna Soccer Team
90210 Easter boulevard
Palm Leaf
Edingboro
Zip code 101.
.U.S of Scotland.

Tom Farmer is getting old and is not in good health. He clearly wanted out. He has sold the club to a businessman who is an american version of himself. Part of the deal was that Gordon paid off the mortgage to Sir Tom and invested £1.5 Million into the club. We will have a higher player budget in the future but this summer's budget has already been accounted for. I have no concerns at all with Ron Gordon. Farmer being the man he is would not have sold the club to a charlatan....more likely the opposite IMO. Looking forward to hearing Ron Gordon's plans for Hibernian.

I thought from day one he’s here to make money. I think he’s banking on McGinn being sold for about 50 million and trousering 10 million.
He can't do that, surely it's the club's money. He may be the major shareholder, but I don't think he can just take money out.

Unless Hibs pay a dividend to all shareholders. Could he pay himself a bonus as an employee?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

He can't do that, surely it's the club's money. He may be the major shareholder, but I don't think he can just take money out.

Unless Hibs pay a dividend to all shareholders. Could he pay himself a bonus as an employee?

Honestly couldn’t tell you what he can do. I just don’t understand why a random yank business man buys the club. He’s not some diehard fan and he must be looking for a return on the investment. Just can’t make sense of it.

Honestly couldn’t tell you what he can do. I just don’t understand why a random yank business man buys the club. He’s not some diehard fan and he must be looking for a return on the investment. Just can’t make sense of it.
I wouldn't begrudge him a return on the investment when he sells up, if he has made Hibernian more successful and with more financial clout.

I am hoping he is more motivated by building Hibernian up and that any financial gain is just a consequence of that.

However I wouldn't expect as much financial largesse as we got from STF.

My initial surprise that our new owners first major pronouncement was that we would be asked to "pony up" to help fund the indoor facility has been compounded by my disappointment at the subsequent radio silence from him and LD.

Being out of the UK doesnt stop him communicating his plans and vision for the club and I dont buy the he's looking at all the departments excuse. That was surely part of his due diligence process. Even if he has further reviews taking place, as a media company owner Ron should know that you only get one chance to make a first impression. Its basic PR to engage with your new customers asap and get them outside, otherwise the suspicion and concern evidenced by this thread just takes hold.

The on field disappointment isn't being helped by the off field silence and a honeymoon period which could have been helped by some basic feelgood PR, looks like its coming to a very quick and self inflicted end.

Tom Farmer is getting old and is not in good health. He clearly wanted out. He has sold the club to a businessman who is an american version of himself. Part of the deal was that Gordon paid off the mortgage to Sir Tom and invested £1.5 Million into the club. We will have a higher player budget in the future but this summer's budget has already been accounted for. I have no concerns at all with Ron Gordon. Farmer being the man he is would not have sold the club to a charlatan....more likely the opposite IMO. Looking forward to hearing Ron Gordon's plans for Hibernian.
If there was hard cash invested and that’s still to be confirmed, as to what actually happened. Budgets can be increased easily. If they offered Ojo and Mcnaulty more money they would have been hibs players.

Waste money on transfer fees on donkeys is poor use of the budget

If there was hard cash invested and that’s still to be confirmed, as to what actually happened. Budgets can be increased easily. If they offered Ojo and Mcnaulty more money they would have been hibs players.

Waste money on transfer fees on donkeys is poor use of the budget

Securing McNulty and/or Omeonga isn't that ridiculous a suggestion. Had the club done so it would have been a signal of intent. That it didn't happen suggests the intent wasn't there. If they concluded that both were overpriced (and you could argue that) then fair enough. But it doesn't look like we are going to do much else this window....

Securing McNulty and/or Omeonga isn't that ridiculous a suggestion. Had the club done so it would have been a signal of intent. That it didn't happen suggests the intent wasn't there. If they concluded that both were overpriced (and you could argue that) then fair enough. But it doesn't look like we are going to do much else this window....
Or, with both those players being available for a price, maybe PHB was asked if the club really needed to spend the money because they were needed and he said no because the players he had were sufficient for the season? If the manager reckons he doesn't need someone, why spend money on them?
All speculation.....

Or, with both those players being available for a price, maybe PHB was asked if the club really needed to spend the money because they were needed and he said no because the players he had were sufficient for the season? If the manager reckons he doesn't need someone, why spend money on them?
All speculation....
They players and Ojo were number one targets for their positions.

Starting the season with Flo, shaw and Doidge is a major concern

All speculation....

Well if he felt that he didn't need these players we really do have problems with Heckinbottom... I feel sure he wanted both.

Happy to funnel any concerns up the way. Will try and summarise as best I can to avoid it being a super extended version of question time but I can pass stuff on as verbatim.

Leeann was at HSL meeting last night and had a couple of tangents away from the main focus of HSL business to talk about club progression and it is positive (if it wasn’t or had a supporter consequence I would shout - got to trust me on that one).

Every area of the club has now spoken to Ron and are now providing their wishlists and to be reviewed with making those positive changes that will impact us all. Bit of patience needed as there is a lot to digest and work through. Ron is back over at the end of the month and into September. If you’ve not heard from him then I’d be surprised.

Actions speak louder than words - but if we’re wanting more words and visibility I can certainly ask.

In amongst all of that you need the team to perform. One nightmare on game 2 really doesnae end a season, regardless of how shite is was. Really hope the team and support can pull Hibs back up in the next 2, 3, 4 games. Team to give the fans something, fans to ensure the team has the platform to do it.

I’d definitely be giving the new signings more time to prove they’re to standard and Hibs calibre - the opposite isnae productive - they are professionals though and will take the good with the bad and vice versa.

I’m always here so just flag anything ✅

That is reassuring @Power :7:

Tbh, it’s a case of let the plan be put in place once everything (EVERYTHING - the team, food, marketing, communication, finance, that f***ing PA system) is kent and communicate fully on what the next steps and vision is and in the meantime focus on doing what we always do - go out to win football games.

We really need a good signing , something a bit more than the norm to lift the support which is currently as flat as a witches tit . Will it happen though ? The 2016 feel good factor is draining quite rapidly

Not really up on capital investment etc etc , but any monies the club might get from sell ons etc would inrease the value of the shares of which he only has a certain amount ?, likewise any sale of assets ?

I'm far from an expert on this kind of thing but I'd assume that any potential sources of income like both of those would be treated as assets and thus affect the purchase price.

It's not like a seller will part with a piece of land in prime development area for the same price as a piece that's unusable, even if the former doesn't yet have planning permission. Likewise the potential for a big future payout with McGinn is - I'd guess - a partially quantifiable 'holding'.
Economies of scale though? He's got a few $ in his pocket but not billions like others. He may well be just a well meaning guy who's looking for something 'fun' ( lol )to occupy some of his time, but it seems weird how and why he's opted to get involved in a random club from a random country.

I agree it’s a bit weird. To be honest I’d find it weirder him trying to make a couple of million out of such a long game when he must have 150m in the bank already. Just seems like a lot of effort! And that’s assuming STF has sold him the club at under value which I also kind of doubt.

I’d quite like you to raise the issue the wee blue fella mentioned- about Lennon being told by our CEO that his only target was top six, with no other expectation of getting a Euro spot, or silverware.
I’d like it confirmed that Parker is a blethering twat or Leeann to resign for selling the jerseys.
Has to be one or the other.

Happy to funnel any concerns up the way. Will try and summarise as best I can to avoid it being a super extended version of question time but I can pass stuff on as verbatim.

Leeann was at HSL meeting last night and had a couple of tangents away from the main focus of HSL business to talk about club progression and it is positive (if it wasn’t or had a supporter consequence I would shout - got to trust me on that one).

Every area of the club has now spoken to Ron and are now providing their wishlists and to be reviewed with making those positive changes that will impact us all. Bit of patience needed as there is a lot to digest and work through. Ron is back over at the end of the month and into September. If you’ve not heard from him then I’d be surprised.

Actions speak louder than words - but if we’re wanting more words and visibility I can certainly ask.

In amongst all of that you need the team to perform. One nightmare on game 2 really doesnae end a season, regardless of how shite is was. Really hope the team and support can pull Hibs back up in the next 2, 3, 4 games. Team to give the fans something, fans to ensure the team has the platform to do it.

I’d definitely be giving the new signings more time to prove they’re to standard and Hibs calibre - the opposite isnae productive - they are professionals though and will take the good with the bad and vice versa.

I’m always here so just flag anything ✅

It would seem that their wish lists didn't involve better quality players on the pitch.

I don’t agree.

Something doesn’t feel right at all. The focus has to be on the first team. If we had a sponsor maybe we would have a better budget. Why hasn’t the budget been adjusted to take into account our payment to STF. Our squad is small,
Dull and lacking

It would seem that their wish lists didn't involve better quality players on the pitch.

If that’s the case it will soon transpire.

Realistically it’s Marc, Stephane, Mark and Marvin they’ve replaced (IMO). We need to be hopeful they can and will be better.

Realistically it’s Marc, Stephane, Mark and Marvin they’ve replaced (IMO). We need to be hopeful they can and will be better.

Early signs has shown us they are nowhere near the same level as Stephane or Marc, as @Smurf said if we did build our new team around they two then we would be showing real intent and it would have got a lot more ST sales with those kind of signings.

If the manager is bluffing to keep
Costs down it’s not helping morale or likely more
Season tickets being sold

Tbh, it’s a case of let the plan be put in place once everything (EVERYTHING - the team, food, marketing, communication, finance, that f***ing PA system) is kent and communicate fully on what the next steps and vision is and in the meantime focus on doing what we always do - go out to win football games.
Dempster been there for five years and not fixed this stuff in fact it’s going backwards.

Are we going back to our days off mythical five year plans

Next Forsyth will start his spin doctoring

Newell needs to start trying . Nothing but a wage thief.

Newell needs to start trying . Nothing but a wage thief.

I couldn’t believe how bad he seemed to be.
An empty jersey.
He needs to show something or forever be the victim of the boo boys.

Maybe even the butt of ‘just backs’ too.

An empty jersey.

I just hope to fuck we didnt actually buy him , id be delighted to be proved wrong and for him to turn out to be a good signing but it doesn't seem likely

Hope doesn't fill me with any confidence, quotes like we know they are better quality does, it would seem you also have concerns with your comment.

An empty jersey.

Like any Hibs player not pulling their weight, they will be the butt if I think it needs said. I am not picking on him, I am writing my observations on his performances.

This thread has been viewed 8544 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back