• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

The New Ownership

Robert Barone

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I've no idea why Ron's brought in..brings him no cache in the US as I doubt we're well known in the circles he moves.

I $%#@ see him making a large enough sum from us to make it worthwhile for him. Having said that I've not really been taking enough notice of the land we own and whether its zoning means its worth a few bob.

He seems to have suggested in his interviews up til now that it will be pretty much business as usual with no real material change in budgets for playing staff.

Which kind of raises the question of why bother in the first place.

One thing I'd expect to see in the next 6 months having worked for US organisations most of my life is a fairly sweeping reorganisation of the way the club is structured. People working for the club will have to fully justify that they are performing in their roles..which could be interesting for our commercial dept imo. I expect us to see announcements about running leaner.

I'm feeling pretty downbeat about the club atm...it feels like the playing side is being neglected in favour of spin about how great a community club we are. I dont want Hibs to be turned into a Motherwell or St Johnstone..that's where it feels we're going ambition wise.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

joethehibby

Bounce Radge
Aye can already see folk starting utter shite with no facts to go on. Talking of stripping assests and straiton it's like I've time travelled back to 2003.
People are allowed their opinions , what facts do you have ?

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
I think one of the intangibles we don’t know is how much farmer went looking to sell and how much ron went looking to buy.

@Robert Barone - I think from my experience of these things that a few heads will roll. I think reading between the lines the club could be doing an awful lot better commercially and brand awareness wide. It might be that stf and rp were the blocks, it may have been club employees.

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Ladies Player Sponsor
I think there will be a benefit to hibs but I still suspect there’s a land deal or something at Straiton in the offing.
Sorry Bob I'm not getting you?

Straiton is Farmers land. His alone. Innit?

Ron got extra land in the deal from Farmer. But it wasn't extra land really as it was Hibernians anyway wasn't it? At East Mains I'm talking?

Sorry if I've picked you up wrong

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Green juventine

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I wanted to see marching bands with a sousaphone player,baton twirlers and cheerleaders and folk coming round selling hotdogs.
An balloons and fireworks and family bbqs 2 hours before k.o.and matches that last 3 hours with 4 quarters and padded shouldered strips and random numbers being braked out before free kicks and loads of Hut hut hut whatever that means and pop corn and helmets for Edinburgh derbies and f sunshine on Leith I want some big fat mamma singing star spangled banner and a cast of 1000's on the subs bench ahhhhh only in America!:6::6::popcorn3::leb:

Green juventine

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
But most of all A TANNOY THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND!!!!

Green juventine

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Condominiums instead of condoms.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Tom Farmer is getting old and is not in good health. He clearly wanted out. He has sold the club to a businessman who is an american version of himself. Part of the deal was that Gordon paid off the mortgage to Sir Tom and invested £1.5 Million into the club. We will have a higher player budget in the future but this summer's budget has already been accounted for. I have no concerns at all with Ron Gordon. Farmer being the man he is would not have sold the club to a charlatan....more likely the opposite IMO. Looking forward to hearing Ron Gordon's plans for Hibernian.

Salisbury Hibby

Bounce Radge
I thought from day one he’s here to make money. I think he’s banking on McGinn being sold for about 50 million and trousering 10 million.
He can't do that, surely it's the club's money. He may be the major shareholder, but I don't think he can just take money out.

Unless Hibs pay a dividend to all shareholders. Could he pay himself a bonus as an employee?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
He can't do that, surely it's the club's money. He may be the major shareholder, but I don't think he can just take money out.

Unless Hibs pay a dividend to all shareholders. Could he pay himself a bonus as an employee?

Honestly couldn’t tell you what he can do. I just don’t understand why a random yank business man buys the club. He’s not some diehard fan and he must be looking for a return on the investment. Just can’t make sense of it.

Salisbury Hibby

Bounce Radge
Honestly couldn’t tell you what he can do. I just don’t understand why a random yank business man buys the club. He’s not some diehard fan and he must be looking for a return on the investment. Just can’t make sense of it.
I wouldn't begrudge him a return on the investment when he sells up, if he has made Hibernian more successful and with more financial clout.

I am hoping he is more motivated by building Hibernian up and that any financial gain is just a consequence of that.

However I wouldn't expect as much financial largesse as we got from STF.

Brizo

Bounce Radge
My initial surprise that our new owners first major pronouncement was that we would be asked to "pony up" to help fund the indoor facility has been compounded by my disappointment at the subsequent radio silence from him and LD.

Being out of the UK doesnt stop him communicating his plans and vision for the club and I dont buy the he's looking at all the departments excuse. That was surely part of his due diligence process. Even if he has further reviews taking place, as a media company owner Ron should know that you only get one chance to make a first impression. Its basic PR to engage with your new customers asap and get them outside, otherwise the suspicion and concern evidenced by this thread just takes hold.

The on field disappointment isn't being helped by the off field silence and a honeymoon period which could have been helped by some basic feelgood PR, looks like its coming to a very quick and self inflicted end.

Greenpower

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Tom Farmer is getting old and is not in good health. He clearly wanted out. He has sold the club to a businessman who is an american version of himself. Part of the deal was that Gordon paid off the mortgage to Sir Tom and invested £1.5 Million into the club. We will have a higher player budget in the future but this summer's budget has already been accounted for. I have no concerns at all with Ron Gordon. Farmer being the man he is would not have sold the club to a charlatan....more likely the opposite IMO. Looking forward to hearing Ron Gordon's plans for Hibernian.
If there was hard cash invested and that’s still to be confirmed, as to what actually happened. Budgets can be increased easily. If they offered Ojo and Mcnaulty more money they would have been hibs players.

Waste money on transfer fees on donkeys is poor use of the budget

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
If there was hard cash invested and that’s still to be confirmed, as to what actually happened. Budgets can be increased easily. If they offered Ojo and Mcnaulty more money they would have been hibs players.

Waste money on transfer fees on donkeys is poor use of the budget
Securing McNulty and/or Omeonga isn't that ridiculous a suggestion. Had the club done so it would have been a signal of intent. That it didn't happen suggests the intent wasn't there. If they concluded that both were overpriced (and you could argue that) then fair enough. But it doesn't look like we are going to do much else this window....

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Securing McNulty and/or Omeonga isn't that ridiculous a suggestion. Had the club done so it would have been a signal of intent. That it didn't happen suggests the intent wasn't there. If they concluded that both were overpriced (and you could argue that) then fair enough. But it doesn't look like we are going to do much else this window....
Or, with both those players being available for a price, maybe PHB was asked if the club really needed to spend the money because they were needed and he said no because the players he had were sufficient for the season? If the manager reckons he doesn't need someone, why spend money on them?
All speculation....

Hamilton v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel