• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

The New Ownership

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I thought from day one he’s here to make money. I think he’s banking on McGinn being sold for about 50 million and trousering 10 million.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Random American buys random football club and it's not to make money? Aye right.

Don't trust him personally, and think Farmer made an error in selling to him. Nothing but gut feeling informs this opinion.
I think there will be a benefit to hibs but I still suspect there’s a land deal or something at Straiton in the offing.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
And in that case there's a 'hope' value which is at least possible to estimate. I don't think that points to him being an asset stripper either - after all, what's more likely, that a random rich guy from the US chances upon a neat but still fairly small (in his terms) property opportunity in Edinburgh? Or that he is broadly who he says he is?
I don't go along with the 'asset stripper' story either.
I'm prepared to believe his story - a rich 'well meaning' guy who has a bit of an (unrealistic) notion of being a 'soccer dude' who can use his experience and contacts to bring Hibs on tp greater things.

Time will tell.

joethehibby

Bounce Radge
I don't go along with the 'asset stripper' story either.
I'm prepared to believe his story - a rich 'well meaning' guy who has a bit of an (unrealistic) notion of being a 'soccer dude' who can use his experience and contacts to bring Hibs on tp greater things.

Time will tell.
Time is of the essence IMO

HenryLB

Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I think there will be a benefit to hibs but I still suspect there’s a land deal or something at Straiton in the offing.
Yeah that's wholly possible. The deal may be made sweeter for him by something annoying that we don't yet know about. I just think it's wildly improbable that he's some sort of vulture capitalist given what I know of him and the relatively small beer we could provide him with.

HenryLB

Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
That's a good point actually. Get his money back that he spent on Hibs plus more.
For some American businessman to have that level of information? I mean just how many opportunities would he need to be looking at? It's possible I guess but I don't feel it's very likely.

joethehibby

Bounce Radge
That's a good point actually. Get his money back that he spent on Hibs plus more.
Not really up on capital investment etc etc , but any monies the club might get from sell ons etc would inrease the value of the shares of which he only has a certain amount 🤔, likewise any sale of assets ?

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Not really up on capital investment etc etc , but any monies the club might get from sell ons etc would inrease the value of the shares of which he only has a certain amount 🤔, likewise any sale of assets ?
only if theres a sale , could break his leg next week

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Yeah that's wholly possible. The deal may be made sweeter for him by something annoying that we don't yet know about. I just think it's wildly improbable that he's some sort of vulture capitalist given what I know of him and the relatively small beer we could provide him with.
Economies of scale though? He's got a few $ in his pocket but not billions like others. He may well be just a well meaning guy who's looking for something 'fun' ( lol )to occupy some of his time, but it seems weird how and why he's opted to get involved in a random club from a random country.

Greenpower

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
OK. I too got caught up in all the speculation and the excitement that that generated. It was good to see Sir Tom Farmer and his loyal conduit head off. For a long time I felt that we needed new impetus, ideas and energy from our ownership and executive.

And I also too thought that some investment could further spur on a club that has experienced tremendous growing support since the Scottish Cup win in 2016.

On his unveiling Ron Gordon spoke well. I couldn't quite get just why he had wanted to buy a football club though in Scotland. And after his media appearances, his "Pony up" chat to supporters and his selfie at Wimbledon with Andy Murray he has been gone. Off. Silence.

And more than ever our club appears bereft of leadership. Yesterday I was reading of interesting developments of Hibs giving security to Delaware based owner Bydand Sports in relation to a loan agreement... We've lost 15 players and recruited half that but the budget is spent. Despite John McGinn bonus money. Despite apparently no longer having to pay Sir Tom 500K per year.

Is it just me that is just a wee bit concerned?
It will end in tears. Ron the asset stripper I’m sensing. Farmer has literally given his shares away for a business that has assets at £25million and that’s not taking into account player value.

Porteous will go for big money.

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Random American buys random football club and it's not to make money? Aye right.

Don't trust him personally, and think Farmer made an error in selling to him. Nothing but gut feeling informs this opinion.
This.

It will end in tears. Ron the asset stripper I’m sensing. Farmer has literally given his shares away for a business that has assets at £25million and that’s not taking into account player value.

Porteous will go for big money.
This. Does anyone know how much he bought the club, stadium and HTC for?

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Did anyone hear the fairly lengthy interview Ron did with Sportsound a few days after he took the reigns? He was categorically asked if he expected to make money from his acquisition and he answered plainly ‘No’.

He sounded sincere and I’m prepared to take the guy at his word, at least until such time as his actions prove otherwise.

Last edited:

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Quite.

It would be quite difficult for Ron to trouser cash from the sale of players.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Did anyone hear the fairly lengthy interview Ron did with Sportsound a few days after he took the reigns? He was categorically asked if he expected to make money from his acquisition and he answered plainly ‘No’.

He sounded sincere and I’m prepared to the guy at his word, at least until such time as his actions prove otherwise.
I'm in this camp too.

But then again I was never in the STF/Rodders stealing money from the club/Ponzi Scheme gang either.

Let's not get too embroiled in conspiracy theories, at least not until there's even a shred of evidence to support them.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I'm in this camp too.

But then again I was never in the STF/Rodders stealing money from the club/Ponzi Scheme gang either.

Let's not get too embroiled in conspiracy theories, at least not until there's even a shred of evidence to support them.
Aye can already see folk starting utter shite with no facts to go on. Talking of stripping assests and straiton it's like I've time travelled back to 2003.

Hibs v St.Johnstone

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel