Reaction score
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
4 defenders and 1 defensive midfielder is pretty standard?
Not really, before that we played with Efe, Hanlon, McGregor, Gray and Stevenson. We set up like a five at the back with Gray and Stevenson as our wide players.

Next season I'd like to see us play a straight old school 4-4-2 Have Milligan and Allan in the middle with Horgan and Boyle on the flanks.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Not really, before that we played with Efe, Hanlon, McGregor, Gray and Stevenson. We set up like a five at the back with Gray and Stevenson as our wide players.

Next season I'd like to see us play a straight old school 4-4-2 Have Milligan and Allan in the middle with Horgan and Boyle on the flanks.
That was still 5 defenders though? 532 or any variation of the same is 5 defenders whether they attack or not. As you said, gray and Stevenson are defenders, and in that formation their first job is still to defend.
Old school 442 that includes 4 defenders and Milligan is literally the same as what you quoted in your opening post. Milligans game is a deeper game, so he'll always look like he does (imo)

I'd also like a 442, but I think we'll see a 433 again.
We always seem to overload our midfield options and Boyle being one of the most potent players at the club we usually find ourselves having 3 mids and a right wing necessity. Horgan on the other side and Flo on his own could work. We haven't really seen it try.
But I think we should have 2 starting forwards, Flo imo has shown he plays well with a partner that moves off him, both McLaren and McNulty have found success and Oli has found himself with chances to score alongside him too.

I do think we might be looking at a 433 next year.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

HenryLB

Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I wonder how that all works given they share a stadium with Sampdoria but any uncertainty in the Genoa world be it through relegation or new owners has to help Hibs as he is a player who as well as being very useful genuinely seems to like being here.
That's a good point, I wonder who actually owns the Stadium when it's shared. Do they have equal equity in a third-party company or something? What if you bought he club and decided to move to an out of town place or something?

I'm not sure it would def help us. There might be a bit of 'circle the wagons' and et everyone back ahead of a clearout. Alternatively they might have the clearout first and that would definitely be good :)

Its a quality hard to find but Omeonga seems to have the sort of positive football attitude that would thrive anywhere but I cant see Hibs making much headway as he looks destined to play in a higher league than the SPL and should command a transfer fee given his age and international U21 caps.
I would imagine he's destined for bigger things but - and I should say I rate him v highly - IMO he's still a bit of a rough diamond so we're not without a shout, I think. Or maybe I'm just clutching at straws!

Reactions: SlovSam
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel
HELP US BY CLICKING THE ADS