• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The Latest Party Political Broadcast by Scottish Labour

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or did the broadcast not come across as being by actors claiming to be NHS workers?

Very much so.

Anyone know how well Labour are doing with the NHS in Wales?

Not just you Moaty.

Sad thing is one of them was claiming to have a sick mother or something?No doubt it will all come out in the passing of time and Labour will have shot themselves in the foot again.

The answer is yes it actually says they are actors in the footage. More importantly the dire situation that the NHS is in was illustrated. The blame lies solely with this horrible Conservative Government. Scottish Labour to their credit have refused to take part in implementing an austerity budget. Sadly the Greens have taken the King's shilling. You would expect that behaviour from the DUP. Labour have much work to do but ditching the inept Kezia Dugdale was a great start. She was taking the party down a suicidal route and recovering from that will take time.

So if they were actors why isn't that made clear.One of them says something like her mum had cancer for gawds sake!The truth is they couldn't get anyone from the NHS to take part, probably because they'd be pulled up by management.But why did it not say in the corner'played by actors'.Once more scottish Labour are attempting to pull the wool over our eyes.It was the same with the recent equality pay dispute.What wasn't being said by Labour was that it was under them that the campaign started,they tried to make out it was all the SNP's fault.There was another incident the other week there when there was a campaign by a section of the NHS where it turned out it was mainly put on so that Leonard could get a photo oppertunity.These kind of actions aren't going to win anyone over to Scottish Labour.I'm going to vote for Labour in the next general election but it's not down to anything Richard Leonard is doing.It's because I really want Corbyn to get in.

So if they were actors why isn't that made clear.One of them says something like her mum had cancer for gawds sake!The truth is they couldn't get anyone from the NHS to take part, probably because they'd be pulled up by management.But why did it not say in the corner'played by actors'.Once more scottish Labour are attempting to pull the wool over our eyes.It was the same with the recent equality pay dispute.What wasn't being said by Labour was that it was under them that the campaign started,they tried to make out it was all the SNP's fault.There was another incident the other week there when there was a campaign by a section of the NHS where it turned out it was mainly put on so that Leonard could get a photo oppertunity.These kind of actions aren't going to win anyone over to Scottish Labour.I'm going to vote for Labour in the next general election but it's not down to anything Richard Leonard is doing.It's because I really want Corbyn to get in.
You really should start watching things from the beginning Moaty it quite clearly stated that it was actors portraying real peoples stories.
I was more pissed off with the fact that they see the S.N.P. as the main enemy and not the Tories

The answer is yes it actually says they are actors in the footage. More importantly the dire situation that the NHS is in was illustrated. The blame lies solely with this horrible Conservative Government. Scottish Labour to their credit have refused to take part in implementing an austerity budget. Sadly the Greens have taken the King's shilling. You would expect that behaviour from the DUP. Labour have much work to do but ditching the inept Kezia Dugdale was a great start. She was taking the party down a suicidal route and recovering from that will take time.
Labour are finished in Scotland. Their only chance is to back independence and that’s unlikely. Politics in this country has become polarised when it comes to elections, Independence and the SNP or the union and the tories. Getting into bed with the tories in 2014 was the final straw for many and the pictures of labour and tory activists high fiving each other was the final nail in the coffin.

Labour are finished in Scotland. Their only chance is to back independence and that’s unlikely. Politics in this country has become polarised when it comes to elections, Independence and the SNP or the union and the tories. Getting into bed with the tories in 2014 was the final straw for many and the pictures of labour and tory activists high fiving each other was the final nail in the coffin.
Labour are finished everywhere, not just Scotland. The Tories have re-aligned the constituency boundaries down south where it makes it very difficult for a Labour candidate to win the seat as the demographic has changed in those constituencies where traditional Tory voters are now within different electoral boundaries. Coupled with the issues of anti-antisemitism, whether there's any of it or not, constantly undermining Corbyn and the rise of the far right where any hint of being left of centre has the MSM and the like screaming traitor, and it makes Labour a poisoned chalice. At the moment in Scotland the far right are being kept in check by a generally good performing SNP government but, as we can see, the Tories are courting the far right voters here too, cosying up to the Orange Order and their knuckledragging storm troopers - The Rangers support as well as constantly bringing finance into any debate to appeal to the fear of losing money that is an underlying psyche of most Scots.

Its shameful you keep voting for them!

Its reason like that,we are run by crooks.

We hate everything they do,everything they stand for....Yet we will keep voting them in again and again.

One thing I do know is the NHS is on its knees. I was once proud of what I do , But I'm now as sick as a Blackpool donkey on the second week of trades. Recently I have been taking on the establishment , with regard too further cut backs , lowering of diagnostic standards blah blah.
My complaint was raised on the floor of the Scottish parliament.
SNP a bland abigues answer.(Health Minister)Tories point scoring. The only real follow up was from a Labour MSP who is applying as much political pressure as possible. For that I was grateful.
The advert actors or naw, was in my opinion a fairly good representation of where we are at sadly.
The NHS should not be a political fitba , and polictians know every patient is a vote. Which means we all go round in circles due to there inability to listen to front line staff and make the hard decisions that are sometimes necessary .
Love the NHS we won't know what we had until it's gone.
Not a party political broadcast. Merely my observation.

Labour are finished everywhere, not just Scotland. The Tories have re-aligned the constituency boundaries down south where it makes it very difficult for a Labour candidate to win the seat as the demographic has changed in those constituencies where traditional Tory voters are now within different electoral boundaries. Coupled with the issues of anti-antisemitism, whether there's any of it or not, constantly undermining Corbyn and the rise of the far right where any hint of being left of centre has the MSM and the like screaming traitor, and it makes Labour a poisoned chalice. At the moment in Scotland the far right are being kept in check by a generally good performing SNP government but, as we can see, the Tories are courting the far right voters here too, cosying up to the Orange Order and their knuckledragging storm troopers - The Rangers support as well as constantly bringing finance into any debate to appeal to the fear of losing money that is an underlying psyche of most Scots.
Your last point about the tories cosying up to the far right up here is something that should concern us all. Ruth Davidson meeting with the orange order is something Labour should be all over, but they can’t see past the SNP.

Your last point about the tories cosying up to the far right up here is something that should concern us all. Ruth Davidson meeting with the orange order is something Labour should be all over, but they can’t see past the SNP.
British Labour in Scotland were quite content with the status quo where both UK Labour and the Tories had a carve-up having shots about at being the dominant party. SNP have effectively 'pissed on Labour's chips' and they cannot handle it. They hate the SNP, not for what they stand for, but for taking their sweeties off them in Scotland. UK Labour are unelectable without the Scottish seats so the Tories have carte blanche to do whatever the fuck they like because there's no consequences anymore. The only big problem the Tories have (in fact any controlling government at Westminster) is an SNP led Scotland. More and more people are turning to the possibility of Scottish independence. rUK will be bankrupt without Scotland's resources, and by that I don't just mean oil but gas and electric generation, fresh water and other goods that are currently factored into the UK economy. They will also loose the cannon fodder of Scotland's expendable young men and women being sent to war at the spearhead of any conflict. Keeps the others in reserve to crackdown on any dissent with what's left of a decimated population of fighting age.

Scottish Labour have a lot to do to win back the working class vote. Repairing the serious damage done by Tony Blair will take time. Try to catch George Galloway's 'The Killings of Tony Blair' where it shows Blair making a pact with Rupert Murdoch. Anyway Scottish Labour under Leonard and Corbyn are moving in the right direction by refusing to implement the recent austerity budget. The Greens took the King's shilling to create a majority, so they lesson is never to trust the Greens again. The Tories are the real enemy but I think SNP should put up a bigger fight against the austerity agenda.

This Labour v SNP v Labour v SNP constant war is an insult to our intelligence.

Anyway, how's the Edinburgh Council coalition of SNP/Labour doing?

Scottish Labour are dead, lots of there members have moved across to the SNP in the past year.

British Labour in Scotland were quite content with the status quo where both UK Labour and the Tories had a carve-up having shots about at being the dominant party. SNP have effectively 'pissed on Labour's chips' and they cannot handle it. They hate the SNP, not for what they stand for, but for taking their sweeties off them in Scotland. UK Labour are unelectable without the Scottish seats so the Tories have carte blanche to do whatever the fuck they like because there's no consequences anymore. The only big problem the Tories have (in fact any controlling government at Westminster) is an SNP led Scotland. More and more people are turning to the possibility of Scottish independence. rUK will be bankrupt without Scotland's resources, and by that I don't just mean oil but gas and electric generation, fresh water and other goods that are currently factored into the UK economy. They will also loose the cannon fodder of Scotland's expendable young men and women being sent to war at the spearhead of any conflict. Keeps the others in reserve to crackdown on any dissent with what's left of a decimated population of fighting age.
Amen brother

One thing I do know is the NHS is on its knees. I was once proud of what I do , But I'm now as sick as a Blackpool donkey on the second week of trades. Recently I have been taking on the establishment , with regard too further cut backs , lowering of diagnostic standards blah blah.
My complaint was raised on the floor of the Scottish parliament.
SNP a bland abigues answer.(Health Minister)Tories point scoring. The only real follow up was from a Labour MSP who is applying as much political pressure as possible. For that I was grateful.
The advert actors or naw, was in my opinion a fairly good representation of where we are at sadly.
The NHS should not be a political fitba , and polictians know every patient is a vote. Which means we all go round in circles due to there inability to listen to front line staff and make the hard decisions that are sometimes necessary .
Love the NHS we won't know what we had until it's gone.
Not a party political broadcast. Merely my observation.

Splendid reply from an NHS worker.

BIG G

Reactions: SWH
This Labour v SNP v Labour v SNP constant war is an insult to our intelligence.

Anyway, how's the Edinburgh Council coalition of SNP/Labour doing?
Rank rotten amigo.

BIG G

Scottish Labour are dead, lots of there members have moved across to the SNP in the past year.
Proof Andy or did you make that up amigo.
As a long standing Labour Party member I know of very few rank and file members who have left to join the Nationalists. Carreerists certainly have, like ex Cooncil Leader Alex Wood, George Kerrivan and several sitting in Hollyrood and Westminster just now.

BIG G

Proof Andy or did you make that up amigo.
As a long standing Labour Party member I know of very few rank and file members who have left to join the Nationalists. Carreerists certainly have, like ex Cooncil Leader Alex Wood, George Kerrivan and several sitting in Hollyrood and Westminster just now.

BIG G

One of my beefs about the SNP - the likes of Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh and Tommy Sheppard.

This thread has been viewed 2069 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back