• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The Kinetic Sculpture that didnae work.

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
Following on from the quest to find a white pudding supper opposite the Playhouse.Do folks remember the waste of money that was the kinetic sculpture that never really worked on the roundabout?I was wondering where is it now?Is it in some council yard rotting away,or in somebodies back garden?Does anyone know?

Cheers.

I've seen and heard of others around the world. I think there's one in NZ and there's definitely one in Florida, as a tribute to those who died on the shuttle spaceship Challenger.

Bring it back !

The article seems to suggest noone really knows where it is.

The article fails to mention that it was damaged extensively by a beer bottle thrown by a Hun fan after a Hibs v Huns game.
The cost of repairs (with no guarantee of success) was prohibitive.

It was a fitting tribute erected in memory of the Original Deep Sea Fish and Chip shop which once stood on the very spot. Flogged to the Cooncil by the same guy who sold Hibernian the 'First' electronic scoreboard in Scotland, which was cunningly bilingual. One minute in English then the next some sort of hybrid Chinese/Japanese (you may notice that I did not say C****** or J**).
I am old enough to remember the whole area well, before it's demolotion. I have bought records at Bandparts (who supplied the records played at Easter Road and advertised the fact in match day programmes ), eaten Fish and Chips from the Original Deep Sea and had a family photo taken at Jeromes.
Slightly too young to go to the dancing at Fairleys, Top Storey or frequent salacious establishments, though I am sure Sir Shrink may have been old enough.
I suspect the Hibs scoreboard is resting in peace alongside its bigger kinetic brother.

BIG G

I would buy singles at Bandparts because you knew that it was a shop listed on the BBC info of how many records were being sold.Woolies for the same reason.Who got to no.1 was a big deal in those days.

This thread has been viewed 1053 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back