• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

The fine lines of success and failure

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Urgency might be the right word for what was missing.
A bit more urgency and cohesion, and things will be looking good.
Mebbe so, but what worried me was precisely that lack of urgency, on the first day of the new season in front of our own fans.

If we can't muster urgency then, then they need to be taking a look at themselves, imo - including PH.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Mebbe so, but what worried me was precisely that lack of urgency, on the first day of the new season in front of our own fans.

If we can't muster urgency then, then they need to be taking a look at themselves, imo - including PH.
Have to say that was the thing that concerned me as well.

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor

I get that, and would expect to see it too. But in the context of the match, St. Mirren looked dangerous on the counter so over committing could have left us exposed. In the end the controlled if pedestrian approach won us the game, which is the most important thing on the opening day of the season in front of our own fans.

Sheldrake07

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Urgency is probably the right word and perhaps a ruthlessness to put teams away and belief that we are better than them.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Agree with the comments around tempo, drive and energy.

It feels to me that the fine line has thinned over the years and it really can be extreme at times. There has been occasions over the last few years when the team has been booed off at half time despite 0-0 or drawing, which I entirely disagree with, but in fairness to that - we nearly always turn up in the second half.

The club needs to make sure it works towards the marginal gains that will make us sit on the right side of the line most of the time.

The Rollercoaster we all go on will probably follow that fine line graph too šŸ”€
Some people think that marginal gains isn't real, and it was the drugs that underpinned it. Not me obviously, just saying.

Hibs v St.Johnstone

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel