The Favourite

moathibby

Private Member
Registered
Mar 20, 2007
edinburgh
The Best film I have seen this year.Olivia Coleman is outstanding as Queen Anne,the other actors are good also.It shows up the aristocracy and the political shenanigans of the time.Anyone wanting to know the kind of stock Winston Churchill came from need look no further than Lord Marleborough,a self serving ,ambitious,two faced scumbag.Much like the rest of them.

moathibby

Private Member
Registered
Mar 20, 2007
edinburgh
Whooo,like tumbleweed going past.Has nobody else seen it?Or did you all hate it and your not saying?

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Oct 26, 2004
Right here, right now
Not seen it. Sorry. Coleman is usually excellent so that's not a surprise to hear that you enjoyed it.

Only films I have seen of late are A Star Is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody. Probably going to see Mary QoS though soon

jimtom

Registered
Dec 3, 2006
Irvine
Not seen it. Sorry. Coleman is usually excellent so that's not a surprise to hear that you enjoyed it.

Only films I have seen of late are A Star Is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody. Probably going to see Mary QoS though soon
More Hollywood spin mate.Historians say Elizabeth never actually met Mary
but the film does.

jimtom

Registered
Dec 3, 2006
Irvine
That's where documentaries have their place.
Aye when you came back from braveheart and found out in the documentary that the Bruce never met Wallace on the battlefield and the face paint was a lot of nonsense amongst a whole lot of other wrong facts.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Jun 28, 2002
Aye when you came back from braveheart and found out in the documentary that the Bruce never met Wallace on the battlefield and the face paint was a lot of nonsense amongst a whole lot of other wrong facts.
Apparently Wallace wasn’t even Australian!
Feckin ruined it for me.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Jun 28, 2002
I alternate between humour and board apologism, but mainly I’m just one of the pricks too.
This place is a haven for us.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Feb 22, 2004
Edinburgh
Braveheart certainly took liberties with historical accuracy, but it was still an awesome movie.
Really difficult to get an accurate historical context in any movie portraying events that took place many centuries ago.

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Oct 26, 2004
Right here, right now
I alternate between humour and board apologism, but mainly I’m just one of the pricks too.
This place is a haven for us.
He's away. Yer care in the community pal booted him out. So yer also now talking to yersel.
Jamie's QI was questioned. Or something...

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jun 28, 2002
EH6
Some may have seen the 1968 Oscar nominated adventure KRAKATOA : EAST of JAVA, loosely based on events surrounding the 1883 eruption of the volcano on the island of Krakatoa. The characters are trying to recovery a cargo of pearls from a shipwreck close to the erupting volcano.
Actual facts may be ephemeral however one indisputable fact is that KRAKATOA is WEST of JAVA. Sack the Producer.

BIG G

Last edited:

Administrator
Private Member
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jul 17, 2003
Muir of Houston
www.hibeesbounce.com
Some may have seen the 1968 Oscar nominated adventure KRAKATOA : EAST of JAVA, loosely based on events surrounding the 1883 eruption of the volcano on the island of Krakatoa. The characters are trying to recovery of a cargo of pearls from a shipwreck close to the erupting volcano.
Actual facts may be ephemeral however one indisputable fact is that KRAKATOA is WEST of JAVA. Sack the Producer.

BIG G
Spot on. I actually worked there for six months!

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jun 28, 2002
EH6
Spot on. I actually worked there for six months!
6 months on Krakatoa, Jesus Christ what crime did you commit to deserve that. What was the night life like, any hotspots?

BIG G

Motherwell v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel