• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The Election Poll

Election Vote

• Greens

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • SNP

Votes: 62 68.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Tory

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • No One

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • The Brexit Party

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Other Nationalist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Unionist

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Andrew Neil may very well be an arch Tory but he's destroyed every Tory he's interviewed recently. Boris Johnson thus far not committed to any interview with him funnily enough....

Neil is still a *&*^ though. A total *&*^, he does not listen or care, its his opinion or none, bark, talk over, sneer, ignore, its not journalism its being a *&*^, a tory *&*^. Fine when its us dafties tuning in because we are unionists. internationalists or someother pish, not so when he is paid by us dafties who are neither (for now).

Then there is a that other *&*^ Johnson who won't even commit to the wank he is about to get. They wonder why the majority of Scots want to leave them and theirs behind?

Tonight it has been announced by the corrupt state broadcaster that Andrew Neil won't be interviewing Boris Johnson. No he will instead be interviewed by Laura Kuenssberg!!! This is unbelievable. Fuckin outrageous.

Tonight it has been announced by the corrupt state broadcaster that Andrew Neil won't be interviewing Boris Johnson. No he will instead be interviewed by Laura Kuenssberg!!! This is unbelievable. Fuckin outrageous.
You for real? Man.... what a chickenshìt of a man BJ

Cant be made to look bad, state propaganda.

Screenshot_20191127_205715_com.twitter.android.jpg

Johnson doesnt need to do feck all if the mrp poll is near right - prediction of tory majority of 68 including retaining 11 seats in Scotland - feck me

Last edited:
How do you define Scottish People? If its people living in Scotland, that would be 100% I would guess?
How do you define Scottish People? If its people living in Scotland, that would be 100% I would guess?

What a ridiculous response!

So having lived in Italy for 2 years...Does that make me Italian?
Australia for a year....Does that make me Australian?
Netherlands for 9 years...Does that make me Dutch?
I must now be English.

I must now be English.

You never answered my question?

You never answered my question?

Someone that was born in Scotland would most likely be classed as Scottish.

I would never be classed as Italian,Dutch,Australian,English or Chilean....though I have technically lived in these countries.

Andrew Neil is also deeply involved with Epstein, Clinton Prince Nadre

I would never be classed as Italian,Dutch,Australian,English or Chilean....though I have technically lived in these countries.
I think there's a difference between living somewhere and calling somewhere home? My sister was born in England but most definitely considers herself Scottish.
I think anyone who comes to Scotland, decides to settle here, contributes to society and their community has every right to call themselves Scottish. Even if they were born in Italy, Bangladesh,Poland or England.

I've got friends who were born in Scotland, but now live in Australia and are Australian citizens, live in Holland and are dutch citizens

Andrew Neil is also deeply involved with Epstein, Clinton Prince Nadre

I think there's a difference between living somewhere and calling somewhere home? My sister was born in England but most definitely considers herself Scottish.
I think anyone who comes to Scotland, decides to settle here, contributes to society and their community has every right to call themselves Scottish. Even if they were born in Italy, Bangladesh,Poland or England.

I agree, and that was my point. Both my oldest son and my wife were born in Asia but consider themselves Scots.

I agree, and that was my point. Both my oldest son and my wife were born in Asia but consider themselves Scots.
Out of interest Mark, has your lad taken dual citizenship?

Out of interest Mark, has your lad taken dual citizenship?

No, Indonesia don't allow it funny enough.

I've got friends who were born in Scotland, but now live in Australia and are Australian citizens, live in Holland and are dutch citizens
I was born in Edinburgh live in England, I'mScottish. My 2nd daughter was born in Edinburgh, moved to manchester at an early age and speaks with a manchester accent, she moved to oz a few years ago is now an Ausie citizen but she classes herself as Scottish because she was born there. To me if you're born in Scotland you're Scottish, no matter you're racial background. If you move to Scotland you're a Scottish citizen

I see the IFS state that both Tory and Labour manifestos rely on money trees.
Surprise.

I must now be English.

Many of my best long term freinds are Hibernians on the Bounce, that are , like myself ,very much total unconstructed mentalist arseholes. Because you have been on here for 10 years I would welcome you unconditionally to join our club . RSVP.

BIG G

I see the IFS state that both Tory and Labour manifestos rely on money trees.
Surprise.
Has anyone bothered about checking the SNP' s manifesto financial proposals? Or is it that the landslide for the SNP precludes that.

BIG G

Has anyone bothered about checking the SNP' s manifesto financial proposals? Or is it that the landslide for the SNP precludes that.

BIG G
I saw it on the news at lunchtime , Gordon. ITV .
Labour, Conservative and Lib Dems( who allegedly have the most feasible manifesto) were mentioned.
No mention of SNP.
Scotland doesn't matter.

BIG G
The IFS has called out Labour and Conservative for talking financial shite but instead o' getting tore in aboot them ye come on and have a go at the SNP who wirnae even mentioned Gordon. Most SNP supporters on here concede that the party isnae perfect but most are using it as a means tae an end . It would be good if some of you Corbynites came on here when they're found out and admit that when it comes tae stretching the truth and promising what they cannae deliver they're as bad as everybody else.

Would be interesting to see how many of these homes went to Scottish people however.

I think in answer to this statement and the others and responses that stemmed from it, including the nationality questions.

The benefits folk get don't rely on being born in a country but where you are resident at the time.

Benefits available in the UK and Scotland (some of ours are a wee bit different) are only available to those that can prove residency over a certain period.

It's not a question of nationality it's a question residency.

Lcomes tae stretching the truth and promising what they cannae deliver they're as bad as everybody else.
Gordon. Most SNP supporters on here concede that the party isnae perfect but most are using it as a means tae an end . It would be good if some of your Corbynite friends came on here when they're found out and admit that when it comes tae stretching the truth and promising what they cannae deliver they're as bad as everybody else.

As far as I can see I am the only person on the Bounce, who has been a Party member for 50 years, and has not been uncritically of Party policy particularly Blair and the right wing Tory Blairites. I have genuine disagreements with LP policy on a so called Peoples Vote. Devisive in my opinion but as I have said on here, Tony I could not vote for either option because of my objections to both politically. It's all on here mate, have a search. My means to my end cannae be shortcut.

BIG G

BIG G
The SNP could ( and probably do) offer pie in the sky nonsense too, but they'll never have to implement it , so it makes no difference. Same applies to Lib Dems I suppose. The only manifestos that matter in a GE are Labour and Tory, and both have been shown up to be unrealistic. The Labour one obviously sounds more appealing but it would appear from independent verification it's pie in the sky. Same as tories.

So we're pretty much going tobe governed by one of two parties making undeliverable promises.

Tory Party and Anti Semitism . Some perspective please.........

BIG G

Tory Party and Anti Semitism . Some perspective please.....

BIG G
I think its absurd to assume that any political party doesn't have members with some kind of prejudice.
This crap on Corbyn is simply that. Crap.
No doubt there will be anti semites in his party, just are there will be in every party.
Along with every other kind of prejudice you care to mention.
Too many people in the Labour movement to stick under one umbrella.
Same with tories, Lib Dems ,SNP ,Greens......etcetera.

The SNP could ( and probably do) offer pie in the sky nonsense too, but they'll never have to implement it , so it makes no difference. Same applies to Lib Dems I suppose. The only manifestos that matter in a GE are Labour and Tory, and both have been shown up to be unrealistic. The Labour one obviously sounds more appealing but it would appear from independent verification it's pie in the sky. Same as tories.

So we're pretty much going tobe governed by one of two parties making undeliverable promises.
The fact that we sometimes differ on here should not , and better not stop you buying me a beer next time I'm up GGTTH

The fact that we sometimes differ on here should not , and better not stop you buying me a beer next time I'm up GGTTH
That should have been aimed at big G but I'll take a pint off anybody ??

BIG G
The SNP can say what they like in Westminster, they don't have the power to sway things financially and are roundly ignored by the other parties.

I think what I've seen and heard about their manifesto is pretty decent but its implementation is reliant on holding the balance of power and therefore influence.

Fight the battles you have a chance of winning.

The Institute for Fiscal Studies are in no way independent or impartial.

The Institute for Fiscal Studies are in no way independent or impartial.

I agree K. Nobody ever challenges them, the reverence towards them is on par with that given to Sir John Curtice, who whilst a knowledgeable bloke in his field, does get it wrong sometimes. Don't we all.

BIG G

Last edited:
Wisnae sure which election thread tae put this on but it had tae go somewhere :grinning-smiley-045: The first bit in itself is quite funny :lauff: but keep watching .

Tory prick linesman :hah::sm023:?
Fk sake even the Jehovah's and double glazing salesmen get longer at the door than him.

With it being a Christmas election maybe it's time they introduced a sanity clause for prospective candidates.
Sanitary clause, cos I'm bleeding sick of all this voting.

A question for my Nationalist amigos....

Hypothetically if the situation arises in two weeks time that the Tories do not get a majority but the Labour Party can get a Government together with the support of the SNP, whether the mechanism were a coalition (ruled out by Nichola Sturgeon ) or confidence and supply, the red lines talked about so often, the immovable red lines.
The first red line of course is the question of Indyref2 taking place next year and the second the scrapping of Trident. Whether Jeremy, myself and 70% of the 500,000 members who would scrap Trident want it or not the supreme body as, is that of the SNP, is annual Conference. The Trade Unions opposed it because of their worry of the loss of thousands of their members jobs. That is another debate, however the fact is that Corbyn, nor anyone else can change that. Only the Conference can.
So what would you do? Compromise or not cross those red lines and de facto see the reactionaries back to continue their 10 years of devastation on workers and their families. I am too long in the tooth not to accept that compromise would apply to Labour too.

BIG G

There's plenty motions approved at Conference that havent made it into labours manifesto, I think things would be more malleable than you suggest.... Trident is an open door for Jezza. In addition I'd settle for 2021

Last edited:
A question for my Nationalist amigos.....

Hypothetically if the situation arises in two weeks time that the Tories do not get a majority but the Labour Party can get a Government together with the support of the SNP, whether the mechanism were a coalition (ruled out by Nichola Sturgeon ) or confidence and supply, the red lines talked about so often, the immovable red lines.
The first red line of course is the question of Indyref2 taking place next year and the second the scrapping of Trident. Whether Jeremy, myself and 70% of the 500,000 members who would scrap Trident want it or not the supreme body as, is that of the SNP, is annual Conference. The Trade Unions opposed it because of their worry of the loss of thousands of their members jobs. That is another debate, however the fact is that Corbyn, nor anyone else can change that. Only the Conference can.
So what would you do? Compromise or not cross those red lines and de facto see the reactionaries back to continue their 10 years of devastation on workers and their families. I am too long in the tooth not to accept that compromise would apply to Labour too.

BIG G
I've seen so many red lines in all my years, I didn't realise they were red lines in my younger years, but I've never seen so many red lines as I've seen in the last 3 years!

The only red lines that appeared immovable were in fact formed by the intransigent Tory blue lines set by their right wing in fear of Farage.

Pre election red lines in normal politics are as pink as fuck!

The SNP know how to work as a minority government having been through 2? terms in the Scottish Parliament. If the opportunity arises I hope Labour in Westminster are as savvy.

There's plenty motions approved at Conference that havent made it into labours manifesto, I think things would be more malleable than you suggest.... Trident is an open door for Jezza. In addition I'd settle for 2021

Me too, 2021. I do think the SNP will consider a coalition with Labour, regardless of current posturing.

2021 would be fine by me. Trident, we have to accept that for however long The UK exists, nuclear submarines and missiles will be based in Scotland ( and for a decade or so longer after any independence victory too)

There does seem to be a school of thought that March next year could see big issues for The SNP, depending on how much you believe Nicola Sturgeon knows ( and when she knew) about any of the serious allegations made against alex Salmond. Could get dicey.

The same IFS that praised austerity... They've got a political agenda.

I'm still torn between Labour and the SNP. My issue as such with the SNP is that all they talk about is their conditions to support a minority Labour Government. What's their course of action should we get a Tory minority or majority government?

I hope neither labour nor th torys get a large enough majority to push through any radical unpopular right or left wing ideology based policies unopposed . I dont trust Boris to not get shafted by the yanks in a trade deal and I dont trust corbyn with the security and defence of the country. I dont trust boris with the care of
The same IFS that praised austerity... They've got a political agenda.

I'm still torn between Labour and the SNP. My issue as such with the SNP is that all they talk about is their conditions to support a minority Labour Government. What's their course of action should we get a Tory minority or majority government?
I could be wrong but have they no' said they widnae support a Tory govt.

This thread has been viewed 29674 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back