• Other Nationalist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Unionist

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Bounce Radge
If you mean white, indigenous Scottish people, in my experience - virtually all of them.
Unless you declare yourself as homeless then you will not get a council house no matter your circumstances. And that includes having a disabled child. That's what my sister is going through at the moment. 9 years on the waiting list and needing a new home because the privately rented one she lives in now is too small for her family. Been told she has no chance of getting one. She can't just move out and declare herself homeless as this goes against you as you made yourself willfully homeless. It's a brutal system that takes no consideration for individual circumstances. So if you come here say you have no home you are instantly rewarded with more points than someone like my sister who has been on the waiting list for 9 years and counting. Soul destroying situation for her and her kids.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Unless you declare yourself as homeless then you will not get a council house no matter your circumstances. And that includes having a disabled child. That's what my sister is going through at the moment. 9 years on the waiting list and needing a new home because the privately rented one she lives in now is too small for her family. Been told she has no chance of getting one. She can't just move out and declare herself homeless as this goes against you as you made yourself willfully homeless. It's a brutal system that takes no consideration for individual circumstances. So if you come here say you have no home you are instantly rewarded with more points than someone like my sister who has been on the waiting list for 9 years and counting. Soul destroying situation for her and her kids.

The system isn't perfect, and ultimately the problem is a lack of a social housing - exacerbated by the selling off of council housing under Thatcher.

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Bounce Radge
The system isn't perfect, and ultimately the problem is a lack of a social housing - exacerbated by the selling off of council housing under Thatcher.
The system is awful. Average waiting time in Edinburgh for a flat is 8 and a half years. As I said my sister is over that and has been told she has no chance of getting one.

The council housed 3000 people last year. 463 of these were fast tracked and did not have to wait in a queue like the rest. No reason given. Here's what a freedom of info request revealed..

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Bounce Radge
That's totally unacceptable beefy. And all the while 100s or even 1000s of homes are built for students, mortgages and second homes. System is goosed.
It really is mate. The thing is she's not even looking in desirable areas. Pilton, Royston, Muirhouse. Areas she knows, close to the kids school. New builds going up all around these schemes with not a chance in Hell of getting one. She would be happy with an older stock home but she ain't getting one of them neither. She's part of a mothers group and the story is the same for the majority of them. It's unjust.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
To go back to my original point - Scotland built more social housing units last year than England. Not proportionately or adjusted - but more units. Given the immigration there compared to Scotland, what kind of mess must they be in?

And yet - they might return a tory government - they are mentalists.

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Bounce Radge
Fuck me! That was like a fuckin virtual wave of the hand in my face.

Edit: I'm oot.

Last edited:

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Fuck me! That was like a fuckin virtual wave of the hand in my face.

Edit: I'm oot.

It wasn't meant to be - I apologize if it came across that way @beefy.

Edit: My rather clumsy point was that despite the social housing being built here, it is clearly no where near enough. Yet - Scotland is building much much more houses than England.

Last edited:

Smurf

Bounce Radge
I'm sorry but it's hardly something to celebrate that an SNP Government 12 years in is building more social housing than Tory austerity England....

southfieldhibby

Bounce Radge
I'm sorry but it's hardly something to celebrate that an SNP Government 12 years in is building more social housing than Tory austerity England....
I'd probably agree with that. I can't understand why there's not a Scottish government owned housing developer. It seems so obvious. Would need a change in planning, but it's nothing massively radical. Would allow for all homes that are built to be for 'social' needs instead of mortgaging or folk buying second/third homes for renting out.
Would require not giving as much weight to nimby bores complaining about homes being built near them, an integrated transport/health/house/school process but in a modern society, that should be the basics?

Watched this recently, would be magic if Scotland could recreate this...

Smurf

Bounce Radge
I'd probably agree with that. I can't understand why there's not a Scottish government owned housing developer. It seems so obvious. Would need a change in planning, but it's nothing massively radical. Would allow for all homes that are built to be for 'social' needs instead of mortgaging or folk buying second/third homes for renting out.
Would require not giving as much weight to nimby bores complaining about homes being built near them, an integrated transport/health/house/school process but in a modern society, that should be the basics?

Watched this recently, would be magic if Scotland could recreate this...

The SNP have been competent. Just like New Labour (the wars aside...) they've done OK. They've not been that cuntish but they've been miserably unimaginative and lacking in true fire to really make transformative change. Far too conservative. I want a radical government to fundamentally change society.

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£68.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks