The Budgets Been Increased 3 Times in 18 Months... (1 Viewer)

Smurf

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how this is possible?

Especially when you look at who has left and who has arrived...

Right now at this precise moment our wage bill must be lower than it's been in over ten years...

TranentHibee

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
By "budget" are they referring to the wage bill or transfer funds?

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I'm assuming he is talking about the transfer budgets which have been available to the manager over the last three or four transfer windows.

I think the budget for transfers probably has been increased as he says, the problem is that we are competing for players against teams from the English Nationwide league for players who can improve our squad, and they have more funds available to them due to Sky TV.

wee 162

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how this is possible?

Especially when you look at who has left and who has arrived...

Right now at this precise moment our wage bill must be lower than it's been in over ten years...
At this precise second yes. However it may mean that there is a lot more room to play with for JC with regard to bringing players in, get Stevenson & McCann on decent deals long-term etc.

When you think about it, Caldwell & O'Connor must have both been on pretty close to the max and left last season. Zemamma, Jones, Martis came in which might well cover that, add on new deals for a couple of players and there may have been a bit of an increase. Brown, Killen, Stewart, & Thomson are now away with possibly Sproule to follow. If there has been an increase on top of that, then I reckon we have a bit of cash to play with, and I would say that we probably have room in our budget for adding about 15-20k a week in wages for players coming in imo. Take away Donaldson & Kerr, and it's probably a couple of grand less than that. This is one of the reason why I cannot believe that anyone thinks we are not about to sign anyone...

Smurf

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
At this precise second yes. However it may mean that there is a lot more room to play with for JC with regard to bringing players in, get Stevenson & McCann on decent deals long-term etc.

When you think about it, Caldwell & O'Connor must have both been on pretty close to the max and left last season. Zemamma, Jones, Martis came in which might well cover that, add on new deals for a couple of players and there may have been a bit of an increase. Brown, Killen, Stewart, & Thomson are now away with possibly Sproule to follow. If there has been an increase on top of that, then I reckon we have a bit of cash to play with, and I would say that we probably have room in our budget for adding about 15-20k a week in wages for players coming in imo. Take away Donaldson & Kerr, and it's probably a couple of grand less than that. This is one of the reason why I cannot believe that anyone thinks we are not about to sign anyone...
Hope so.:bbb:

hfc-craig-hfc

Bounced Out!
Reaction score
firstly it could be getting the likes or Whittaker and Murphy to sign longer deals so they would get an increase in wages.

not sure bout the second time

but thirdly John Collins wages

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel