• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

Supporting fellow Bouncers

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
There's been a couple of difficult threads in past few days and I gather from one of them that maybe something was said that overstepped the mark. Anyway, regardless of that, some people (many people actually) are always going to be going through a hard time. So the point of this thread is just to say that my PMs are open and if anyone wants an open ear and a coffee / beer / bacon roll / whatever and to chat through some shite then fire away. I imagine others feel the same, so if you're volunteering to offer a listening ear, drop your name in the thread.

No promises of good advice or expert opinion but we're all just trying to get through life the best way we can and if we can give one another a wee leg up then what's to lose.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Sorry for messing up the last thread, probably shouldn't have mentioned that. I think it's a good idea to help one another, we all go through hard times.

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Sorry for messing up the last thread, probably shouldn't have mentioned that. I think it's a good idea to help one another, we all go through hard times.
I didn't see what you said in last thread chief, it just occurred to me that there's loads of folk sharing mental health links and stuff on Twitter and whatnot but sometimes folk just need someone to listen and not judge.

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Can I thank Rocky for the kind offer, and I will repeat that offer, if you are stuck, I am there too.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Good stuff 1875.

I’m not a real Shrink, but if all else fails....
And by that I mean you have to be really desperate- and be prepared to pay for the beer..... then I’m here for you.
PM me the relevant pics of the woman causing the issue just in case it’s a known case.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Not a bad place we have here. A good mixture of radges, lunatics and pervs (see above) :P

roorky

Bounce Radge

Wasnae just you bud. I lost patience and any confidence I have in the polis so I stupidly named my abuser on here. In hindsight I was wrong for wany reasons, but sometimes an urge to hit this big "SELF DESTRUCT" button takes over and nothing i do is rational.

Also the comment from a poster saying he had known that person you named for x amount of years and never had any incline of anything like this is a really stupid and insensitive comment that just makes me angry.

roorky

Bounce Radge
I went to games with my abuser, he was my dads mate, my dad allowed me to be around him as he worked where I lived and let me play with big boys toys I otherwise wouldnt have got near. Some of you will have came into contact with him over the years, i doubt he comes over as a paedophile even now and no doubt the vast majority of people that know him will be surprised by this when his name finally comes out.

No matter how hard it may be to find out that someone you spent time with is a paedophile, do bear in mind there may really be a victim, who doesnt want to beleive it either but evertime he rips a bit duct tape to do a wee repair it reminds him of being tied up with the stuff.

south west hiby

Doonhamer Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Aye support is always good. Mental health is something I have suffered with since getting nervous in the service.
I've become better through simply reading and putting it into practice on a daily basis.
Meds have a place, but CBT is equally effective in my humble opinion.
Speak out its a illness like all others.
If I can help anyone, happy to do so.
Control your thoughts and slow down for me is the key. But like all things in life it takes practice.

Chester Perry

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
In my experience vodka works way better than fluoxetine.

bigmanandy

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
In my experience vodka works way better than fluoxetine.
I was on that once upon a time, didn’t work, put me on paroxetine which has worked only problem now is I can’t get off them. My mental health suffers daily mind you so always up or really down, hard for people to know what it’s like having mental health issues.

Chester Perry

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I was on that once upon a time, didn’t work, put me on paroxetine which has worked only problem now is I can’t get off them. My mental health suffers daily mind you so always up or really down, hard for people to know what it’s like having mental health issues.
My dad was on it for his ptsd, said it made him hear voices tell8ng him to kill himself. I actually became more suicidal on Prozac then off it.only good thing about it is it takes the edge of hangovers. Which I think kinda defeats the purpose.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Read a lot of good things about CBD oil helping with depression.

south west hiby

Doonhamer Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Medication has a place, but not always the answer. Many great self help books out there. Read them and practice the theories there in. Meditation is a great way to slow down and centre yourself.
The NHS now provide a online conigtive behavioural therapy course. Ask your GP and avoid a waiting list.
NHS physiological services are stretched, and generally 5 sessions and your out the door. It's just demand.
Therefore self help is your only realistic option.
Having a mental health problem is a normal medical condition. Stick your heed in the air and believe in yourself.
I've been low, lost hope. But this is a temporary measure and will lift. Never ever give up. Focus on what is good. Get out of bed. Go for a walk. It's hard but get it done and today will be a little better.
Love yourself, respect yourself. A rant naw really, been there, walked the path, still do.
Good luck you are worth it.
Celebrate your successes.

south west hiby

Doonhamer Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
I'm on paroxetine also. And it's true its a lonely hard place at times. But we are not alone. Best wishes.

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
I brought this, mental health, up in the pub a few weeks ago - a crowd of about half a dozen guys.

The shock and horror talking about this to start with was amazing but i it wasn't long before we all had what was probably the most deep and meaningful conversation we've ever had! It was like the flood gates opened.

We've touched on it now and again since, it's easy now and again and again. There was even one guy who never really joined in the first time but phoned me later to ask about the medication, cbt, fitness stuff I did a few years ago. Canny shut him up now!

Neither wonder the gunts are depressed though :lovey:

bigmanandy

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
I'm on paroxetine also. And it's true its a lonely hard place at times. But we are not alone. Best wishes.
Thanks and best wishes to you too, I tried to get off it about a year ago which didn’t go great (went a bit loopy shall we say with very bad side effects), I felt I’d lost all my emotions etc as a result of taking this medication for around ten years, I’ve now decided I’m better on it than off it, it’s still a hard road mind you. I think mental health in men is huge at the minute, seems to be a lot of younger guys not being able to reach out in time.

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in

Celtc v Hibs

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£50.00
This donation drive ends in