• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Supermarkets

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Must be making a fortune eh? Actually no. Now that the initial burst of panic buys are over the reality is way different. Got report from an asst manager at Aldi (could be my son but I cant divulge that) They are binning £500-700 worth of products daily (in one store alone) sales are down 35%, yet supermarkets are paying staff extra bonuses as we saw in newspapers. All supermarkets trying to work together on deliveries and stock. Some warehouses are empty and the logistics are becoming very difficult. On the plus side, there is definitely food out there...just getting it to the stores is taking time..and we all know it is coming into harvest time.

Supermarkets have been very quiet for nearly a fortnight.

Bog roll back in stock but noticed no cans of Coke now.... :9:

Last edited:
Why are they binning products? Any attempt to distribute elsewhere?

I never asked, they normally do give stuff away. Could be distribution is affected or places that took things are closed. Fareshare do most of the hostels. Ill ask him, I know the food banks are suffering a bit

He said that the charity organisation (Neighbourly) who were coming have not been sending vans. Guess someone out there might be able to help. However with all the restrictions, fresh meat cannot be given away and fruit/veg gets sent to the zoo

Stuff being binned because some are still rationing purchases. You've got people coming in to do a few eldery neighbours shopping and signs saying 'due to unprecedented demand products are limited to one per person' and when they explain some dickhead says you can only have one coz the sign says so. Take the signs away the panic lasted 10 days and the only things really in short supply are cleaning products.

Was listening to something yesterday about how upto 50% of fruit and veg will rot in the ground this year due to lack of pickers. Combination of brexit/covid19.
I'm trying to find a way to get involved somewhere in the lothians, the small amount of cash will help, but a small contribution to the effort and being outdoors appeals.

Was listening to something yesterday about how upto 50% of fruit and veg will rot in the ground this year due to lack of pickers. Combination of brexit/covid19.
I'm trying to find a way to get involved somewhere in the lothians, the small amount of cash will help, but a small contribution to the effort and being outdoors appeals.

If you hear anywhere in East Lothian looking for bodies give me a shout, few boys I know would do it

If you hear anywhere in East Lothian looking for bodies give me a shout, few boys I know would do it
Will do.

This thread has been viewed 1129 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back