• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Summer 2021 Rumours

McLaren for me would be a good option as a third striker.
He is a penalty box striker who clearly knows where the goals are, we could do with someone like that anyway.
The manager has stated many times he is looking for another striker to compliment Doidge and Nisbet, however the fact that McLaren is still in Australia would appear to suggest this indeed a long shot.

Last edited:
Agree that another move for MacLaren seems like a long shot. But a quick search of his stats shows he’s scored 52 goals in his last 54 league games for Melbourne City…
Best player in A league by a long shot .
Carves it up here but the defences are atrocious.
On a big wage at Melbourne City but he loves Edinburgh , so much so he bought a house and always talks highly of his time at Hibs any time he’s asked about it .

MacLaren would need a striker alongside him, I certainly wouldn’t be against him coming back, the lad from Hull seems to have had bad injury, do we ever learn.

Rather Cummings than MacLaren

No Mueller this window. Knew that would happen though.

Jack still expects arrivals before Tuesday, publicly said he'd be surprised otherwise, pressure passed to the buying team.

No Mueller this window. Knew that would happen though.

Jack still expects arrivals before Tuesday, publicly said he'd be surprised otherwise, pressure passed to the buying team.

Jack hasn’t been shy to put pressure on those in charge of concluding the deals. I noticed he mentioned he doesn’t want bodies for the sake of either. I really do like the cut of his jib.

I can’t help but look on a bit envious of Aberdeen’s business this window. They seem to have a plan and are acting decisively bringing in real quality. We on the other hand have been searching for a CB since the start of the window. The search goes on.

If Leigh Griffith's ends up at Dundee I think we will regret it.

If Leigh Griffith's ends up at Dundee I think we will regret it.

I’m not so sure. He might do well there, but he’ll need to player single minute if he’s got a hope of regaining his form and fitness. I don’t see him getting that at Hibs.

I’m wondering if his arrival means Cummings is heading somewhere?

I’m not so sure. He might do well there, but he’ll need to player single minute if he’s got a hope of regaining his form and fitness. I don’t see him getting that at Hibs.

I’m wondering if his arrival means Cummings is heading somewhere?
I'd much prefer Leigh over Cummings!

I'd much prefer Leigh over Cummings!

At peak aye without doubt! But Dundee know Cummings is fit and scoring goals, zero guarantee what shape Griffiths will be in physically or mentally. Wonder if Strachan involved in this.

I'd have Jase in a heartbeat. Been throwing it out there since last summer. He'd come with a point to prove.

Dunno if he'll want to play infront of us if he bases our opinion of the fanny's at the weekend mind you.

I'd have Jase in a heartbeat. Been throwing it out there since last summer. He'd come with a point to prove.

Dunno if he'll want to play infront of us if he bases our opinion of the fanny's at the weekend mind you.
According to the slaver that is Charlie Adam it was the talk of the Dundee FC training on Monday morning how Hibs supporters treat a Scottish Cup winning legend. As you say absolute fanny's.

According to the slaver that is Charlie Adam it was the talk of the Dundee FC training on Monday morning how Hibs supporters treat a Scottish Cup winning legend. As you say absolute fanny's.
Charlie Adam? Yeah i bet that was the talk🙈
He calls out these people lately, did we hear a word from him about the vile hun chants when he was there? No, not a peep, says everything about charlie

Deflecting from the Hunco antics on the trains
Fairly clever for a simpleton

Typical Hunnish behaviour

David Mitchell, Clyde goalkeeper randomly popping up on Facebook to compete with Macey 🤷‍♂️

Always injured, so much that the article even said he's "only missed 1 game this season" 🤦‍♂️

Ronaldo not coming to Hibs apparently. :21:

Gutted.

• Haha
Reactions: Zab
Ronaldo not coming to Hibs apparently. :21:

Gutted.
Where you seein that?

😂

Where you seein that?

😂
Aberdeen website

Aberdeen website
Exceptional. 😂😂😂😂😂

Reactions: Zab
Could be an interesting day

Could be an interesting day
Could be a hugely frustrating day. These days usually disappoint....

c818ded109544ef6198c9270d856f238-700.jpg

How many external players have we signed this window that's improved our team? I'd say one. By close of play today it would be good to get that up! Otherwise there will indeed be meltdown!

How many external players have we signed this window that's improved our team? I'd say one. By close of play today it would be good to get that up! Otherwise there will indeed be meltdown!

I'm only playing

I think we'll be fine, we don't need a lot of players, a couple or 3, just to even things out around the pitch.
Already got Nathan Wood incoming to add competition at CB, £9m rated apparently.

The first team is good enough for the most part imo.

I'm only playing

I think we'll be fine, we don't need a lot of players, a couple or 3, just to even things out around the pitch.
Already got Nathan Wood incoming to add competition at CB, £9m rated apparently.

Maybe too much to ask for but I'd like a goalscoring forward or midfielder. One that's known and proven to excite the fans.

I'm only playing

I think the squad lacks depth in one or two areas.
Defensively, we need at least one new central defender. Wood looks like he will be coming on loan and i'm sure he is a decent player but for me we really could do with a proven experienced central defender who knows the scottish game. I'm still not ruling out McCart arriving.
The manager has wanted three strikers in the squad for about a year now, so I would expect one to arrive by close of play tonight. The need is greater now with Doidge out till New Year and Murphy injured yet again. Another creative midfielder wouldn't go amiss either.
Hope to see two or three in, and no doubt we will see some fringe players either leaving altogether or going out on on loan.

Last edited:
Maybe too much to ask for but I'd like a goalscoring forward or midfielder. One that's known and proven to excite the fans.

Me too, but I think with 1 central forward being the expected line up, it's gonna be hard to convince anyone of a standard to play second string to Nisbet.

I can’t help but look on a bit envious of Aberdeen’s business this window. They seem to have a plan and are acting decisively bringing in real quality. We on the other hand have been searching for a CB since the start of the window. The search goes on.

Aye said the same myself. They've brought in real quality and look to have went all out for 3rd.

Aye said the same myself. They've brought in real quality and look to have went all out for 3rd.
Hibs finishing third last season above Aberdeen was a disaster for them. They see themselves as the biggest challengers to the Old Firm and they clearly aim to rectify what went wrong last season. They also know with Hearts being back up it will be an even bigger challenge. Hibs face the same, and I have to admit I have been surprised and a bit disappointed by our lack of activity this summer as well given the task we will face this season. Remember though we had a crowd free season last season which has hit us hard financially and we don't have the regular financial income both Aberdeen and Hearts do from their fans.

Last edited:
I think the squad lacks depth in one or two areas.
Defensively, we need at least one new central defender. Wood looks like he will be coming on loan and i'm sure he is a decent player but for me we really could do with a proven experienced central defender who knows the scottish game. I' still not ruling out McCart arriving.
The manager has wanted three strikers in the squad for about a year now, so I would expect one to arrive by close of play tonight. The need is greater now with Doidge out till New Year and Murphy injured yet again. Another creative midfielder wouldn't go amiss either.
Hope to see two or three in, and no doubt we will see some fringe players either leaving altogether or going out on on loan.

That's pretty much where I'm at.
We need some depth, replacements and back up, but not necessarily instant into the first team type players. If someone came about I wouldn't be saying no either mind.

Murphys injury could be clean and done by the end of the national break, if it was more substantial we'd have heard by now I think?

Have to say im not really expecting anything, weve had a whole window to do buisness and have done relatively little, squads short by a couple players.

That's pretty much where I'm at.
We need some depth, replacements and back up, but not necessarily instant into the first team type players. If someone came about I wouldn't be saying no either mind.

Murphys injury could be clean and done by the end of the national break, if it was more substantial we'd have heard by now I think?
If it is another hamstring injury (and I think it is) it will be 3 to 4 weeks anyway....and it will be recurring.

If it is another hamstring injury (and I think it is) it will be 3 to 4 weeks anyway....and it will be recurring.

It was definitely his hamstring, but it doesn't need to be a full injury, mightve felt a tweak and didn't want to risk playing on.

We do definitely need some faces in the door, but I dont think anyone needs to be at panic stations if we don't get the 4 we feel we need.
Hallberg to return to midfield, Allan hasn't moved yet and is being included in marketing imagery so he might be staying in the squad, he can only get fitter.

I think January will be more interesting, alot of out of contract players in the country.

Hibs finishing third last season above Aberdeen was a disaster for them. They see themselves as the biggest challengers to the Old Firm and they clearly aim to rectify what went wrong last season. They also know with Hearts being back up it will be an even bigger challenge. Hibs face the same, and I have to admit I have been surprised and a bit disappointed by our lack of activity this summer as well given the task we will face this season. Remember though we had a crowd free season last season which has hit us hard financially and we don't have the regular financial income both Aberdeen and Hearts do from their f

Hibs finishing third last season above Aberdeen was a disaster for them. They see themselves as the biggest challengers to the Old Firm and they clearly aim to rectify what went wrong last season. They also know with Hearts being back up it will be an even bigger challenge. Hibs face the same, and I have to admit I have been surprised and a bit disappointed by our lack of activity this summer as well given the task we will face this season. Remember though we had a crowd free season last season which has hit us hard financially and we don't have the regular financial income both Aberdeen and Hearts do from their fans.
My concern is that we've only signed one player this window that we would view as improving the team. One player that's a guaranteed starter. Obviously good that we don't actually need to rebuild a team but I'd have hoped for more than one.

If we dont lose anyone, and Wood signs, then I reckon that's a decent outcome.
4 signings inward.
Like most folk on here I think it would be good to have another forward.
11 hours to go. Time yet.

My concern is that we've only signed one player this window that we would view as improving the team. One player that's a guaranteed starter. Obviously good that we don't actually need to rebuild a team but I'd have hoped for more than one.

What I wanted was a CB that is better than Hanlon and Porteous.

Jamie Gullan away to Killie on a perm deal apparantly, another striker short.

What I wanted was a CB that is better than Hanlon and Porteous.

I'm fine with the pair as long as they've got someone pushing them for the spot.
Their biggest issue is that the midfield allows runners and the fullbacks allow crosses.

No defender wants players being allowed to run at them and a cross is easier to deal with if there's been pressure applied to the crossing player. The forward should always get the jump on you.
Both have their flaws, which is why we need someone who's practically a first teamer pushing them for their space. They take all the flak for failings elsewhere imo.
Daz won more headers than anyone else in the league has to date at the weekend just passed, but he's back up, so he'll always drop out once either returns to the squad.
Wood sounds like a good addition, even if it is just a loan. I dont think there's much chance of us taking him full time after the loan though.

Horrible rumours of Callum Hendry... 👀

This thread has been viewed 29992 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back