• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Summer 2021 Rumours

Zab

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Stick all yer rumours, chip shop sightings and outlandish in know the know done deals here.

I heard a coupla Rumours. Celtic told Griffiths you can Go Your Own Way. He said he wanted to break The Chain and return to a club where people said he was Never Going Back Again, but he said these were his Dreams and I Don't Want To Know all this Second Hand News.

It's very quiet eh... Aberdeen appear on the front foot...

Reactions: Zab
It's very quiet eh... Aberdeen appear on the front foot...

Aye they’ve done some early business, no convinced it’s good business, but it’s early.

Aye they’ve done some early business, no convinced it’s good business, but it’s early.

We were earlier with Dan Mackay and Macey 🥳

I heard a coupla Rumours. Celtic told Griffiths you can Go Your Own Way. He said he wanted to break The Chain and return to a club where people said he was Never Going Back Again, but he said these were his Dreams and I Don't Want To Know all this Second Hand News.
Apparently Fleetwood macs second album is their best. I don't know if that's true, its only rumours I've heard.

Tusk tusk tusk, that's pretty poor

Heard that Man U are chasing McGinn. Heard from a good hibby who doesn't normally engage in unsubstantiated chat!

Heard we are looking to get a central defender from Brighton on loan.

Hibs

Grow Do Something GIF by AionCommunity

Heard we are looking to get a central defender from Brighton on loan.

As Long as its no Shane Duffy!

I've heard fuck all as yet

I thought this was the new norm, certainly a lot less chatter regarding signing targets coming out of ER the last year or so. Only when we have actually signed someone has it been announced.

I thought this was the new norm, certainly a lot less chatter regarding signing targets coming out of ER the last year or so. Only when we have actually signed someone has it been announced.
Or they end up at Aberdeen saying we wanted them.

Or they end up at Aberdeen saying we wanted them.
And all Aberdeen has to do is ask their sugar daddy chairman for the readies, and being a man of the world he says ' stop messin' 'round', we've been looking for somebody , and he's comin' home'.
Oh well.

And all Aberdeen has to do is ask their sugar daddy chairman for the readies, and being a man of the world he says ' stop messin' 'round', we've been looking for somebody , and he's comin' home'.
Oh well.
You sound Peter Green wi envy.

Callum Yeats signs for Queens Park.

All very slow so far. Jackson Irvine’s future hopefully be sorted out soon, one way or the other, now that the Aussie’s have finished their run of games.

Gaun awfy quiet and it starts again in a couple of weeks

Gaun awfy quiet and it starts again in a couple of weeks
Our main targets still have a long way to go in the Euros :22:

Our main targets still have a long way to go in the Euros :22:
🤣😂 if only

Tell you what I do find quite strange...we have not had a word from Jack Ross since Cup Final day more than a month ago.
Since then several young players have departed, and when their departures were announced it was Graeme Mathie the sporting director who made all the comments about it rather than the manager. He's probably been on holiday, but nonetheless it looks a bit odd to me.

Also, we still have no replacement for Leeann announced despite them saying at the AGM in March it would be announced within the next 30 days. This isn't a minor role, it's the CEO who will be in charge of the whole footballing operation as Leeann was.

Last edited:
Tell you what I do find quite strange...we have not had a word from Jack Ross since Cup Final day more than a month ago.
Since then several young players have departed, and when their departures were announced it was Graeme Mathie the sporting director who made all the comments about it rather than the manager. He's probably been on holiday, but nonetheless it looks a bit odd to me.

Also, we still have no replacement for Leeann announced despite them saying at the AGM in March it would be announced within the next 30 days. This isn't a minor role, it's the CEO who will be in charge of the whole footballing operation as Leeann was.

Fair points them. Maybe an extended holiday for players and Manager but yeah Where's Leeanns replacement. As you said Ron said we weren't far away from an announcement.

Hopefully he's been away on a course in big game management.

Hopefully he's been away on a course in big game management.

Or attractive football :gigglle:

To be fair, it’s Mathie’s job as Sporting Director to comment on these type of departures, rather than the Head Coach.

However I do agree it’s strange we’ve no heard a word from Jack Ross since the season ended. Also not been a thing from the club regarding pre-season, seen plenty of other Scottish clubs are back at it.

Don’t think Marciano’s departure has been officially confirmed either.

To be fair, it’s Mathie’s job as Sporting Director to comment on these type of departures, rather than the Head Coach.

However I do agree it’s strange we’ve no heard a word from Jack Ross since the season ended. Also not been a thing from the club regarding pre-season, seen plenty of other Scottish clubs are back at it.

Depends when his contract ends. Likely to be 30th June, so we will probably hear something next week.

Last edited:

It was confirmed a few weeks before the season ended

It was confirmed a few weeks before the season ended

Cani mind seeing anything officially from Hibs confirming his departure and thanking him for his 5 years worth of service. He’s still listed as a player too. Either I’ve missed it, they’re waiting till his contract expires, or they’re no bothering.

Fair points them. Maybe an extended holiday for players and Manager but yeah Where's Leeanns replacement. As you said Ron said we weren't far away from an announcement.

Greg McEwan will be announced soon I reckon.
He's been 'interim' for too long NOT to get it.

Announced in March

Screenshot_20210624-171815_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20210624-172058_Chrome.jpg
Cani mind seeing anything officially from Hibs confirming his departure and thanking him for his 5 years worth of service. He’s still listed as a player too. Either I’ve missed it, they’re waiting till his contract expires, or they’re no bothering.

If so, why did they not just appoint him months ago ?

If so, why did they not just appoint him months ago ?
Try before you buy.
It’s not uncommon.

How long does it take for all that kind of paperwork to go through and be official? Maybe nothing until its properly finalised 🤷‍♂️

I've thought that. Tweeted him along they lines and he's liked my comment... It seems the obvious appointment. However, I think the job he was appointed to do is too important? I think the delay is because the guy to replace him is working their notice elsewhere...

Seemingly going to sign for Feyenoord

Seemingly going to sign for Feyenoord

Great move for him!

Great move for him!

Isn't it just!
Aren't Feyenoord one of the teams we could find ourselves against in the conference? Sure I seen them among the potentials.

👀

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210630_170709.jpg
    Screenshot_20210630_170709.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 33
Do you think they are lion to us ?

This thread has been viewed 29984 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back