• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Stuart Crowther

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Surprised not to see a post on here about the passing of Stuart.
As with many of the posters on the Hibs.net thread, I too had some run ins with him.
He certainly could ruffle feathers.
Nonetheless, nobody could doubt that he had an enormous passion for the Hibees, and he was responsible for driving many online Hibs initiatives.
RIP a Hibs man taken too soon.
Barney

Gunnerhibby

Freeloading Admin Radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Sad news indeed.
My sympathies and condolences go out to his family at this difficult time.

Rest in peace Stuart

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Sympathy to his family and friends from someone who has just lost a dear friend.

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
RIP Stuart.

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Ladies Player Sponsor
R.I.P
SC

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Didn’t really know the guy at all – more his ‘internet persona’ , although I believe he was responsible for arranging the flight I was on to Athens for the game that never was. I may even have bought a Hibs.net shirt from him. Obviously before my life ban(s) from there and the birth of the Bounce.

From all accounts a massive Hibs fan and contributed greatly to a number of initiatives to have Hibs fans band together, and for that he deserves huge credit.

Once again it is a sore one to lose a Hibs daft member of our wide family.

Sympathies to his nearest and dearest and RIP fella, I'm 90% certain you were taken far too soon.

SlovSam

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
That is really brutally sad news at such a relatively young age and I have very good memories of our many earlier exchanges on rivals.net and the early hibs.net even though we never actually met.

We always had utterly different perspectives on all things Hibs but never fell out except for him banning me on one occasion for upsetting one of his snowflakey mates.

Reinstated 12 hours later and it was a badge of honor and I always did maintain a high level of respect for someone who was such a pioneer of online forums as well as all his earlier written fanzine work.

His "Sunday Supplements" were always so well written and covered all football and not just Hibs and were always essential reading.

There is a case for saying that without Stuart Crowther and the way he ran hibs.net then there wouldn't have been a Hibs.Bounce and I am sure he wouldn't mind me saying I am 90% sure of that for those that remember I think a postponed game that actually wasn't.

A very sad day and a real tragedy for his friends and family and I will raise a glass and remember him with great respect.

Last edited:

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Never had the pleasure of his company, but no doubting his love for our club.

Rest easy, Stuart.

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
My impression of the man much in line with @SlovSam and @Sir Shrink

Obvs a big Hibbie but I also had a disagreement or two online in the early days of .net.

Who was his big mate, John someone was it? Got thru a lot of Hibs stuff together iirc.

Whatever, sad to hear this part of my Hibs past has gone. He can't have been that old?

RIP Stu.

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Worked with Stuart on rivals.net, and on the Scottish fitba site briefly. Had a slight difference of opinion on some things so left to write a different Hibs website, which ultimately led me here. He was definitely a divisive person, but certainly loved Hibs - but without him, I wouldn't have met a lot of Hibees that I now class as very good friends.

RIP Stuart

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
My impression of the man much in line with @SlovSam and @Sir Shrink

Obvs a big Hibbie but I also had a disagreement or two online in the early days of The Bounce.

Who was his big mate, John someone was it? Got thru a lot of Hibs stuff together iirc.

Whatever, sad to hear this part of my Hibs past has gone. He can't have been that old?

RIP Stu.
66 I believe, and maybe John Campbell is the guy you’re thinking of? Another big Hibs man who is at most games.

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
66 I believe, and maybe John Campbell is the guy you’re thinking of? Another big Hibs man who is at most games.
It is John Campbell. Like most of us, John and I fell out with Stuart, but I am sure John agrees, Stuart was one of the original founders of the Hibernian family on line and for that he should be fondly remembered.

Trevster

Part of Bounce
Firstly, thanks to Jamie for letting me register on here to post this - and unlike elsewhere, say thanks in person for the messages left!

Stuart could be a cantankerous bugger but that was part of the way he was and was a side effect of his driven nature. Did he wind people up the wrong way? Yep. But did he get things done that he said he’d do? Yep, well about 90% of the time (yes, even he used to laugh at that one!).

Linda has been reading the various messages left on different sites/social media and on behalf of her, I’d like to pass on my thanks for those messages and sentiments.

RIP

Hibs v Gunts

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel