• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Strangely Strange But Oddly Normal

Reaction score
Haven’t checked the chronology but was just checking out the Nice Enough To Eat album and this is pretty much the same chord pattern to Streets Of London ?
And on the same subject We Used To Know was ripped off by the Eagles song Hotel California ..
I know there are thousands of similar examples .

Hadn't noticed the Jethro/Eagles stuff - but according to google you may be onto something there....

Any more info on the millions squirreled into Hibs? I was quite looking forward to Rodders being tarred and feathered on here for money laundering.

Can you share the info or is it all too confidential?

Hadn't noticed the Jethro/Eagles stuff - but according to google you may be onto something there....

Any more info on the millions squirreled into Hibs? I was quite looking forward to Rodders being tarred and feathered on here for money laundering.

Can you share the info or is it all too confidential?
I’ll be seeing the guy who gave me the info early next week . If I’m wrong this guy must have developed a weird personality disorder .
I hadn’t forgotten about it :)

Haven’t checked the chronology but was just checking out the Nice Enough To Eat album and this is pretty much the same chord pattern to Streets Of London ?
And on the same subject We Used To Know was ripped off by the Eagles song Hotel California ..
I know there are thousands of similar examples .
Good old Dr Strangley Strange. I am 65 years young today so my memory is not great, however I think the songs of the Irishmen and McTell both came out 50 years ago in 1969. I have that splendid LP. What I remember most about it was my introduction to the wonderful Nick Drake. You know it has never ocurred to me in all these decades how similar both songs are.

BIG G

Good old Dr Strangley Strange. I am 65 years young today so my memory is not great, however I think the songs of the Irishmen and McTell both came out 50 years ago in 1969. I have that splendid LP. What I remember most about it was my introduction to the wonderful Nick Drake. You know it has never ocurred to me in all these decades how similar both songs are.

BIG G
I bought In The Court of The Crimson King on the back of it too.

BIG G

BIG G
Well - I was 65 yesterday ! And that album introduced Free to me .. Great band - Saw them many times and I listen to Back Street Crawler regularly . Kossoff is the most unique guitarist .
When Tons Of Sobs was released kossoff
Kirke and Rodgers were 18 and Fraser was 16 !

Well - I was 65 yesterday ! And that album introduced Free to me .. Great band - Saw them many times and I listen to Back Street Crawler regularly . Kossoff is the most unique guitarist .
I saw them when I was 16 at the Isle of Wight festival in 1970.Tremendous.

BIG G

BIG G
May I offer you both a belated birthday greeting.
We desperately need guys like you and your good sense.

I saw them when I was 16 at the Isle of Wight festival in 1970.Tremendous.

BIG G
Really ? Wow ! I watch their Isle of Wight set on you tube a lot .. There are various versions available now ..
Their first gig in Edinburgh was a badly organised affair .
Was going to be at various venues - total chaos but ended up being a last minute thing at the old Eldorado in Leith .
It was almost like a gig in your local pub ! Great memory .

Really ? Wow ! I watch their Isle of Wight set on you tube a lot .. There are various versions available now ..
Their first gig in Edinburgh was a badly organised affair .
Was going to be at various venues - total chaos but ended up being a last minute thing at the old Eldorado in Leith .
It was almost like a gig in your local pub ! Great memory .

I went the Eldo when Slade played there, only because I was wanting to see the Sensational Alex Harvey Band. Who were.. ..fucking sensational.
At the Isle of Wight I saw Free, The Who, The Doors, Miles Davis, Hendrix, et al, however the ones that blew me totally away were Rory Gallagher's band Taste. Rory was the best guitarist that I have heard.....better than Hendrix!!

BIG G

I went the Eldo when Slade played there, only because I was wanting to see the Sensational Alex Harvey Band. Who were.. ..fucking sensational.
At the Isle of Wight I saw Free, The Who, The Doors, Miles Davis, Hendrix, et al, however the ones that blew me totally away were Rory Gallagher's band Taste. Rory was the best guitarist that I have heard.....better than Hendrix!!

BIG G
Loved Taste .. “ What’s goin’ On “ version at Isle of Wight was exceptional .
I suppose you know Gallagher was amazingly talented on a variety of stringed instruments .. Some of which I’ve never heard of .
Had a pint with him in the old Rutland No 1 about 1971 /2

BIG G

The spendid Peterheid Bluetoon Hibernian Massive are big Free and Rory fans and as Teuchters I have to say, have by far a better and varied taste in music than most of my Lowlands amigos.

BIG G

The spendid Peterheid Bluetoon Hibernian Massive are big Free and Rory fans and as Teuchters I have to say, have by far a better and varied taste in music than most of my Lowlands amigos.

BIG G
Have a listen to John Bruce on guitar and Scottie on bass ( I sold him a Burns Trisonic when we were about 15 ) -
Playing with Blues n Trouble ...
Long Gone Man ..Live on you tube .
Tell me you don’t like it :)

I am on Facebook,and I see there is an advert for a Yes Free Group.I don't want to join because combining these two disperate groups together in some sort of weird amalgam super group would be a step too far even for my esoteric tastes.

I am on Facebook,and I see there is an advert for a Yes Free Group.I don't want to join because combining these two disperate groups together in some sort of weird amalgam super group would be a step too far even for my esoteric tastes.

I was a big fan of YES, particularly when Rick Wakeman fronted the band (the mirrored cape!!!!) and don't understand why anyone would feel do strongly about banning them.

I was a big fan of YES, particularly when Rick Wakeman fronted the band (the mirrored cape!!!!) and don't understand why anyone would feel do strongly about banning them.
Can’t think of anything about Yes that I like .
Same goes for Queen .

Yes,yes,yes.....

BIG G

Can’t think of anything about Yes that I like .
Same goes for Queen .

Late sixties, early seventies was a time jammed with Prog rock bands.
Yes, Tull, Genesis, ELP etc.
I certainly listened to more than my fair share.
My favourite of mine at the time was A Passion Play, by Jethro Tull. Very subtle piece of music.
Slightly later was The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.
I listen to some of these bands on occasion nowadays, but nothing like I did back then.

Why I became a punk.

Late sixties, early seventies was a time jammed with Prog rock bands.
Yes, Tull, Genesis, ELP etc.
I certainly listened to more than my fair share.
My favourite of mine at the time was A Passion Play, by Jethro Tull. Very subtle piece of music.
Slightly later was The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.
I listen to some of these bands on occasion nowadays, but nothing like I did back then.

Still got quite a number of ELP & YES vinyls in the attic.
Some would say that’s the best place for them.

Still got quite a number of ELP & YES vinyls in the attic.
Some would say that’s the best place for them.

At record fairs and auctions, some of those vinyl jobs can fetch quite a bit .
Theres a guy here who rents an empty shop a couple of days every month and flogs vinyl, cassettes and CD.
I had a wander in last time it was on.
Average price for vinyl was about 30quid a pop.
You've a goldmine above your head there!

Why I became a punk.

Me too.

Mind I did catch Alex Harvey a couple of times - Tiffanys and the Caley I think - and thought he was pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye Alex Harvey was allright,but I don't think he fitted into the pigeonhole that is prog rock.

This thread has been viewed 1890 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50