• Welcome to the New - DNS Propagation should be completed by now for all. If you are seeing this message you are in the right place.
    GGTTH

Stokesy rumours and opinions

Zab

Admin
Impressive considering that when they performed their own in house drug test that it wasn't technically legal.

But he was a cheat, got caught and made an example of.

Stokes is just a fanny

Interesting, I didn’t know that about the test.

You’re right though he is just a fanny, which in itself isn’t a sackable offence.

The Family

Capital Radge
Who spends money now? Knowing he'll be paid off eventually?
Or... Sacked :dunno:

Maybe a manager who thinks he can change him (good luck with that)

Stokesy is a talented player so I am sure he will get interest from somewhere.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Maybe a manager who thinks he can change him (good luck with that)

Stokesy is a talented player so I am sure he will get interest from somewhere.

Same manager that would just wait for him to become a free agent. Which is imminent according to you?
Manager would also have to convince other people that he's worth it.

That was easy here. He's a legend.

Our only chance at selling is to pump him off to China or the Arab Emirates or somewhere similar.

Anyone think he'd go?

The Family

Capital Radge
Same manager that would just wait for him to become a free agent. Which is imminent according to you?

Our only chance at selling is to pump him off to China or the Arab Emirates or somewhere similar.

Anyone think he'd go?

According to me, all I said was the club could take him down the disaplinary route, Stokesy may have received written warnings from the club due to misconduct we won't ever know.

Was there not a team in China interested in him before he came back to us from Blackburn?

If he wants to play football then surely he will move on.

Senior_Webby

Just A Radge

Anyone think he'd go?

I reckon he’d go. Crossed my mind earlier actually!

You’re also right. He is a fanny

SuperTortolano

Legendary Radge
From what I heard in the summer from a very reliable source, and I'm not usually privy to much behind the scenes. The reason the transfer for Stokes took so long in the summer was the distribution of wages. Petrie was negotiating and desperately trying to get his wages on a pay as you play and healthy goal bonuses. Stokes wouldn't budge from a fixed wage, even though he probably stood to make more from the other contract. Looks like old Rod sniffed him out but couldn't get him to budge.

Senior_Webby

Just A Radge
From what I heard in the summer from a very reliable source, and I'm not usually privy to much behind the scenes. The reason the transfer for Stokes took so long in the summer was the distribution of wages. Petrie was negotiating and desperately trying to get his wages on a pay as you play and healthy goal bonuses. Stokes wouldn't budge from a fixed wage, even though he probably stood to make more from the other contract. Looks like old Rod sniffed him out but couldn't get him to budge.

If I was another player at hibs I’d be going nuts at someone like stokes in the side making the big bucks and not pulling his weight. Fine if he’s banging the goals in each week and working hard but that’s clearly not happening

aggie

Justified Radge
If I was another player at hibs I’d be going nuts at someone like stokes in the side making the big bucks and not pulling his weight. Fine if he’s banging the goals in each week and working hard but that’s clearly not happening

This.

That's him missed our most important match of the season so far, too, not to mention the Mhanks and Huns coming up. The boy is an unprofessional knob.

Hattie

Donator
I know he's finished, I was one of the first to say so.
Doesn't mean we can sack him.

It'll cost us money to get rid of him without moving him on. Can't just sack him.

Not sure why you think he can’t be sacked, i dont know whats happened, but for certain reasons anyone can be sacked from their job

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Not sure why you think he can’t be sacked, i dont know whats happened, but for certain reasons anyone can be sacked from their job

I'm well aware they can be sacked.
What I'm saying is Stokes can't be sacked, if it was serious enough that we could or would sack him, it would be done.

Whatever happens. We have to sell him or pay him.

Stu

Maple Leaf Radge
I'm well aware they can be sacked. What I'm saying is Stokes can't be sacked, if it was serious enough that we could or would sack him, it would be done. Whatever happens. We have to sell him or pay him.
Perhaps not with the possible prospect of gaining a fee from a transfer?

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Perhaps not with the possible prospect of gaining a fee from a transfer?

Which won't come if another club thinks he can be sacked.
Which his agent will be making sure they'd be well aware of.

Getting him abroad is the only real chance of a fee, I'd be shocked of we got a fee anywhere here.

Stu

Maple Leaf Radge
Which won't come if another club thinks he can be sacked. Which his agent will be making sure they'd be well aware of. Getting him abroad is the only real chance of a fee, I'd be shocked of we got a fee anywhere here.
Well obviously. I think what people are debating here though is whether he can legally be sacked, which he possibly can - not whether it would be a good idea to - or not as you allude.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Starting to come out that it was Leeann who made the decision that Stokes' time here was done.

Lennon wanted to keep going..

Central_Hibee

Well-Known Radge
I'd imagine a joint decision? Maybe within those discusions Lennon was saying ideqlly he didn't want to lose one of his best and most creative forwards.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Who you hearing this from?

Going round the wee circle of folk I know who have bits of info.
Accuracy obviously can't be confirmed.

I think it's very possible that Leeann could have taken the decision out of Neil's hands.
Folk were quick enough to tell me he could be sacked, in which case he'd be sacked from above the manager surely?

I think it's possible.

Reactions: Zab
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
Monthly Goal: £107.00
Donations so far: £50.00

Unread Posts