• Welcome to the New - DNS Propagation should be completed by now for all. If you are seeing this message you are in the right place.
    GGTTH

Stokesy rumours and opinions

The Family

Capital Radge
When is he going to grow up!!

Caused shit at training and NL sent him home and dropped him.

Pissing about in Portugal.

Driving without a licence.

EastMeetsWest

Well-Known Radge

Bit more to it and the press making a bigger deal out of it than it is. Otherwise it would have been a much higher penalty than 3pts and £160 fine. Agreed on other points though, he needs to get his erse in gear and start putting in the effort on and off the pitch.

Sauzee's Teeth

I Was There And Went Radge

That bit isn't strictly true... he wasn't aware that an Irish driving license wasn't valid in the UK which, to be fair, I wasn't aware of either and I'd bet a lot of people weren't aware of.

We don't know the ins & outs of the other things you mention either and he wasn't the only one 'pissing about in Portugal' as far as the reports go.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge

Caused $#@! at training and NL sent him home and dropped him.

Stokes dismissed the training incident in an interview at the weekend.

Lennon says the Portugal incident is over.

Licence is old news.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
That bit isn't strictly true... he wasn't aware that an Irish driving license wasn't valid in the UK which, to be fair, I wasn't aware of either and I'd bet a lot of people weren't aware of.

We don't know the ins & outs of the other things you mention either and he wasn't the only one 'pissing about in Portugal' as far as the reports go.

Why is it not valid? I have looked online and it seems to suggest anyone inside european union can drive here, though in some cases only up to 12 months..students for example. Ive been letting a guy who is here on student visa from Ukraine drive my car so trying to find out what the law actually is

Sauzee's Teeth

I Was There And Went Radge
Why is it not valid? I have looked online and it seems to suggest anyone inside european union can drive here, though in some cases only up to 12 months..students for example. Ive been letting a guy who is here on student visa from Ukraine drive my car so trying to find out what the law actually is

I've got no idea, sorry.

The Family

Capital Radge

Didn't know that either about the licence, I know Swanson and Boyler were also involved, but his off pitch antics have been well documented and I just wish he would have grown up by now.

southfieldhibby

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Must be tough for Stokes when he can't get a break from his own fans though.

He's clearly no angel, but I wasn't aware of the Irish licence situation either.

The Family

Capital Radge
Bit more to it and the press making a bigger deal out of it than it is. Otherwise it would have been a much higher penalty than 3pts and £160 fine. Agreed on other points though, he needs to get his erse in gear and start putting in the effort on and off the pitch.

With NL looking to trim the squad I just wonder if Stokesy could be one of them due to the above reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Must be tough for Stokes when he can't get a break from his own fans though.

He's clearly no angel, but I wasn't aware of the Irish licence situation either.

How can it be down to us fans he makes these decisions nobody else.

southfieldhibby

How can it be down to us fans he makes these decisions nobody else.

Obviously he's responsible for his own actions, but fans sticking him in or starting threads or perpetuating tabloid pish or regurgitating stuff strikes me as kinda sneaky. And unnecessary.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
NL didn't dismiss it mate.

Maybe so but I don't see the point of the thread? We knew and more importantly Neil Lennon knew what we were signing. He's a top player. He's no angel and can behave like an arse but it's up to the manager to get the best out of him and us to support that and him.

southfieldhibby

Should us fans not expect better from our players.

I expect them to produce on the pitch, don't be too much of a dick and never play for Hearts.

Stokes pushes the limits, he has done in each of his 3 spells with Hibs, but it's hardly news and it's factored in when we take him on.

I didn't actually want Hibs to take him the second time, all the IRA/Elvis pish was enough to put me off. Fortunately Stubbs ignored my moral high ground and signed the two goal Scottish cup winner.

I think starting a thread to catalogue his indiscretions is poor from a Hibs fan. Start one on a jambo and I'll trawl google to add stuff though.

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Should us fans not expect better from our players.

As fans we should expect a high standard of personal admin from players? Sorry to disappoint but a couldn’t give a flying one if a player forgets to pay a gas bill or doesn’t update the address on his license when he moves house.

I expect them to give 100% for the club, be respectful and law abiding generally. How they deal with everyday admin tasks is entirely their own issue. Unless they’re avoiding tax ;-)

The Family

Capital Radge
Maybe so but I don't see the point of the thread? We knew and more importantly Neil Lennon knew what we were signing. He's a top player. He's no angel and can behave like an arse but it's up to the manager to get the best out of him and us to support that and him.

Sorry K but the incident was deemed serious that he got sent home and was dropped from the team and only when he apologised to NL he was allowed to train again. This is in no way a witch hunt or anything I just wish he would have grown up by now.

- - - Updated - - -

As fans we should expect a high standard of personal admin from players? Sorry to disappoint but a couldn’t give a flying one if a player forgets to pay a gas bill or doesn’t update the address on his license when he moves house.

I expect them to give 100% for the club, be respectful and law abiding generally. How they deal with everyday admin tasks is entirely their own issue. Unless they’re avoiding tax ;-)

So the decisions he has made is 100% respectful to the club..

Uncy

Well-Known Radge
Chicken and Egg isn't it? Nobody would be pointing this out if he occasionally managed a brisk trot for the entertainment of the paying public.

Steve20

Donator
Stokes gets a disgraceful level of criticism from Hibs fans. Considering he's scored 11 goals already this season and was the hero in the Scottish Cup Final win, it's weird some of the Hibs support have it in for him. The amount of times he's also the first target on the forums when we've not won is over the top as well.

You know what you're getting with him. Goals and some off-field issues. Hibs must have known that when we signed him again. I'll happily take that in exchange for him banging in another 11 goals in the second half of the season.

Stu

Maple Leaf Radge
Chicken and Egg isn't it? Nobody would be pointing this out if he occasionally managed a brisk trot for the entertainment of the paying public.

:yeah:

Exactly. Fans will overlook an awful lot if you're producing the goods on the pitch.

I don't think, by his own admission, he has performed as he would have wished so far this season.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
Monthly Goal: £107.00
Donations so far: £50.00

Unread Posts