• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH
  • Could Users Please note that the Rules state you must seek Permission before posting any Auctions, or Sales.

Full Time: Stirling Albion 1 v 1 Hibs - Pens 4-5

SKII

Administrator
Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Thank Sauzee. There's only so much close season transfer nonsense any sane person can handle. There's only so much gurning about pre-season friendly games you can take. Tomorrow we kick off the season proper away to Stirling Albion in the latest incarnation of the SkolCIS Cup. Its PATG, which could be an issue. 1875 and I were discussing that decision as he sat on a wa' supping soup from a cup and going daft over a meat n tater pie he'd scoffed for tea. Both of us were concerned that there were issues at SA the last time we were there along similar grounds and that was just for a pre-season friendly...
Sure there will be plenty holed up in the boozer near the hotel in Springkerse but they'd maybe best no leave it till 5 to 3 to try and get in.

Team is clearly going to be short handed. Hecky has already said he's not risking Hanlon, SDG, Boyle or Whittaker. Lewy is also out.
Possible line up?

Rocky
Mackie
Darren
Jackson
James
Allan
Mallan
Horgan
Campbell
Flo
Doidge

Or maybe not...

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Competetive fitba returns the morn and yet again expect a large Hibernian support to head along the M9 to Stirling. I also expect a team that blends the best of what we have seen to date, which may mean some familiar faces missing and some younger and new faces coming in.

I missed Arbroath, but went along to East End Park and down to Carlisle. Stand outs for me have been Mallan and Allan both games, Flo, Horgan and Doidge to a lesser extent, I was very impressed with young Stirling at Dunfermline, even more impressed with Josh Campbell at Carlisle. I also thought James was decent in Fife, but poor in Cumbria. I thought SMackie and Newell have been very poor both games, but its early. Daz is just Daz and Jackson looks steady enough. The defence looks wobbly though, the midfield is very creative but lacks dig and the strikers look hungry and I hope both will continue getting goals served by the excellent passing from Allan and Mallan. So, a team for the morn? I do expect the starting team to include a surprise or two.

So.............

Rocky, who looked wobbly on Tuesday but is a keeper

James will play but needs to up his game

Daz is Daz

Jackson will do a job

SMackie will keep his place but he needs to calm his nerves and he also needs the player in front of him to give him more cover and help.

I expect Josh Campbell to start as the defensive midfielder, he was very good on Tuesday and has earned it.

Stevie Mallan hopefully will continue to his excellent start to the season, he has looked the best of them for me so far.

Scott Allan, sigh. What a player to have in our team, I have such great hope for the partnership of Scotty and Stevie and expect the strikers to benefit greatly from their passes.

I am going for Horgan to start as Daryll is wily, confident, and has looked really up for it.

I also expect Newell to start although so far he has done nothing to impress but chuck a few corners in, which Stevie Mallan does well already.

Up front, I am going for Flo, he has been eager to score and is working hard. As I said, he will get goals through Mallan and Allan.

Thoughts?

See you behind the goals.

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:

Thehibeeswife

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Looking forward to Stirling tomorrow. Should easily come home with a win 😊
I have done all 3 friendlies and I must admit Arbroath did put a bit of a downer on things after having some time off.
Dunfermline and Carlisle gave me the buzz back and although I wasn’t overly impressed with flo I am warming to him now and look forward to what he has to offer this time round.

🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I think Doidge is going to be a crucial player for us in the season ahead. Hecky clearly spotted early on that we had no striker who could lead the line, hold the ball up, link up with others, and crucially, could offer some real threat in the air. I very much share the manager's dislike of pre-season friendlies, but watching the Carlisle goals on YouTube the other night there...when was the last time you saw a Hibs striker crashing home a header like he did from a corner kick ? I think he will give us another dimension this season and we will also benefit hugely from having Allan and Mallan, and hopefully Fraser Murray providing the creativity from midfield, with Boyle and Horgan from the wide areas.

I know Newall hasn't looked too good in these early pre-season jaunts, but Heckingbottom was hyping him up big time at the start of the week saying he was "excited" to see what he could give to the team this season. Hopefully when the real action starts he will prove his worth and back up his managers confidence in him. Defensively I am a bit concerned to be honest. The sooner we get the likes of Gray, Hanlon and Stevenson back fit the better. We really do need to get some physical strength and energy into our midfield before the league campaign starts.

Stirling Albion will be up for the game and these very early mid-July games have a nasty habit of throwing up shock results. Let's hope we are not at the wrong end of one of them. Nothing less than a victory tomorrow will be acceptable.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Team should be good enough to win today,Hecky said we had a few injuries and others would stay at HTC to train.

Mon the Hibees!

SKII

Administrator
Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Queues were mental outside the ground at 1.45pm. Big turn out. Weather is tropical too.

Green Sleeves

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I think it is fair to say that Kamberi is off.Not much of a team when you look at it.
A midfield of Mallan & Allan, with the highly rated youngster Campbell behind them?
Forward line of Horgan & Newell on the flanks, with Doidge through the middle?

How's that not much of a team?

SKII

Administrator
Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
I ask you how many of that team would you pick in your first eleven.Thats all I am saying like.
It's clear we are still looking at this being preseason. Heckingbottom also said there were players he was leaving out after taking knocks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors