• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Stevie Get Your Shooting Boots On Again!

MSG_07

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
Is it just me or do we very seldom see Mallan have a pop at goal. He had an incredible start to his Hibs career scoring some absolute crackers. Only two of which were inside the box. For the coming season I'd really like to see him shoot more and of course improve his overall game. Some great goals below but awful soundtrack.

This will only happen if he is regularly played in an advanced position on the park and not when he is deployed as a holding midfielder playing in a deep position. How Heckingbottom does this and also gets the best out of Scott Allan, who also has to be played in an attacking role, is going to be a big problem for him to solve. I strongly believe players should be played where they can cause the most damage to the opposition and Mallan for me has to be given a more attacking role. Not only is he a very good footballer, he has tremendous shooting power and is a big asset to us from set-pieces.

This will only happen if he is regularly played in an advanced position on the park and not when he is deployed as a holding midfielder playing in a deep position. How Heckingbottom does this and also gets the best out of Scott Allan, who also has to be played in an attacking role, is going to be a big problem for him to solve. I strongly believe players should be played where they can cause the most damage to the opposition and Mallan for me has to be given a more attacking role. Not only is he a very good footballer, he has tremendous shooting power and is a big asset to us from set-pieces.
Correct and it would help if we got an occasional free kick in shooting range

He had a couple on Saturday, same at Carlisle. We need to win fouls in and around the box for Mallan to score I think and we dont get many with one up front? I also noted James tried a couple of reasonable shots and Newell was hanging around dead balls which Mallan subsequently took?

Interesting to see how Heckingbottom utilises both Mallan and Allan this season. Both bring different qualities as a number 8 centre mid - central or advanced.

He’ll be in range soon, that quality doesn’t leave - just need to get him into position. Starting Saturday.

I always think long range goals should be a bonus rather than an expectation. For me Mallan has all the attributes to run the game from deeper (like McGeouch).

I always think long range goals should be a bonus rather than an expectation. For me Mallan has all the attributes to run the game from deeper (like McGeouch).

I agree. I'd rather have passes threaded to a striker when our attacking mid is outside the penalty box than pinged into what is normally a packed area. Relying on crosses, set pieces and rebounds from long-distance shots is what hobbled our strikers last season in my opinion.

If we are pressing the game Mallan should still get the opportunity to hit from distance while playing deeper. This doesn't affect his role at set pieces either.

Reactions: Zab
Might get a few more bites if we sign someone to do the heavy lifting behind him. If he gets stuck in a midfield 2 it's going to be tricky.

Might get a few more bites if we sign someone to do the heavy lifting behind him. If he gets stuck in a midfield 2 it's going to be tricky.
Aye, that guy Bartley at Livingstone might just do the job. Would be a great squad player :52:

Just watched his pre match press conference, says he wants to add more goals and assists! Wonder if he's been on here having a read :g:. Great attitude, looking forward to see him bang them in.

He’ll be losing his touch ?

Hit an absolute peach from about 40 yards that he was unlucky with at the weekend.

This thread has been viewed 1634 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back