• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Stephane

The Family

Capital Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Wants to come home on a permanent basis.

Source -https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...permanent/amp/

Will be an interesting window.

I’d like to think that we have a fairly settled squad and just need the odd tweak here and there to push us up.

I really think we need to be signing Boyle up on a longer contract, from memory he only has one year left?
Punt snake boy and use the funds to help sign key positions. For me;
Back up keeper
Naismith
Defensive midfield
Creative midfield
Striker (maybe 2)

I think a lot of teams will be using youth players more over this season.

Will be an interesting window.

I’d like to think that we have a fairly settled squad and just need the odd tweak here and there to push us up.

I really think we need to be signing Boyle up on a longer contract, from memory he only has one year left?
Punt snake boy and use the funds to help sign key positions. For me;
Back up keeper
Naismith
Defensive midfield
Creative midfield
Striker (maybe 2)

I think a lot of teams will be using youth players more over this season.

I would personally like to see James, Horgan, Mallan, Flo, Mackie leave so we can bring in better quality and tie Boyle down on a longer contract.

I would personally like to see James, Horgan, Mallan, Flo, Mackie leave so we can bring in better quality and tie Boyle down on a longer contract.

I'd 100% see Flo leave.
James I'm not too bothered about, although he won't be getting a game at right back anytime soon?
Mackie still has a chance to prove himself, we haven't seen anywhere near enough of him. Greenmachine (I think?) is a fan, enough of a reason for me to see more.
Horgan and Mallan can play, so in the current climate I don't see why we would move them on.

Definitely try and secure Boyle.

I'd 100% see Flo leave.
James I'm not too bothered about, although he won't be getting a game at right back anytime soon?
Mackie still has a chance to prove himself, we haven't seen anywhere near enough of him. Greenmachine (I think?) is a fan, enough of a reason for me to see more.
Horgan and Mallan can play, so in the current climate I don't see why we would move them on.

Mackie wasn’t great at Dundee in the Championship so I think sadly he won’t make the step up, showed plenty potential previously but recently hasn’t showed that potential or appetite in my opinion. Again in my opinion both Horgan and Mallan haven’t given us anything in return for what was paid for them. For me we deserve better.

I'd 100% see Flo leave.

Rocky

O’Donnell Porto Hanlon

Gogic

Allan Stephane

Aarons Miller

Nisbet Doidge

Mackie wasn’t great at Dundee in the Championship so I think sadly he won’t make the step up, showed plenty potential previously but recently hasn’t showed that potential or appetite in my opinion. Again in my opinion both Horgan and Mallan haven’t given us anything in return for what was paid for them. For me we deserve better.

Scott Allan wasn't great at Dundee either but he turned out okay. I'm sure there better examples tbf.
Dundee might not be the best club for players to shine. If you agree he showed potential then you know theres a player there.
Hes a big strong athletic boy who now knows what it feels like to play in a first team. The next couple years are the important ones in his development.

Mallan gave us goals and assists, played out of position or not in his own role until he got injured.
I think he showed more than Hallberg.

Horgan is another one who's been all over the park and in fairness not the most consistent and probably can't finish a game, but there was more than a few games where he was our only creative outlet.

I'm not keen to judge everyone on the last season, considering the first half of it was a shit show, where players like Mallan and Horgan actually kept us winning points we didn't deserve.

Rocky

O’Donnell Porto Hanlon

Gogic

Allan Stephane

Aarons Miller

Nisbet Doidge

That team gets battered down the wings.

Scott Allan wasn't great at Dundee either but he turned out okay. I'm sure there better examples tbf.
Dundee might not be the best club for players to shine. If you agree he showed potential then you know theres a player there.
Hes a big strong athletic boy who now knows what it feels like to play in a first team. The next couple years are the important ones in his development.

Mallan gave us goals and assists, played out of position or not in his own role until he got injured.
I think he showed more than Hallberg.

Horgan is another one who's been all over the park and in fairness not the most consistent and probably can't finish a game, but there was more than a few games where he was our only creative outlet.

I'm not keen to judge everyone on the last season, considering the first half of it was a shit show, where players like Mallan and Horgan actually kept us winning points we didn't deserve.

That’s your opinion, see my team above.

That team gets battered down the wings.

How do you get that when Ross wants more pace, both of these players will destroy defenders with their pace and create more chances for our strikers.

How do you get that when Ross wants more pace, both of these players will destroy defenders with their pace and create more chances for our strikers.

What has attacking got to do with defending the wings? Paul Hanlon will get dragged across, O'Donnell likewise and Porteous is a go forward and attack the ball type of defender, he needs a covering player to partner him.

We're currently not paying our players full wages, we'll need to make up that money later, we aren't going to add 6 first team players on top either I think.

That’s your opinion, see my team above.

That'll be the discussion over then ?‍♂️

What has attacking got to do with defending the wings? Paul Hanlon will get dragged across, O'Donnell likewise and Porteous is a go forward and attack the ball type of defender, he needs a covering player to partner him.

We're currently not paying our players full wages, we'll need to make up that money later, we aren't going to add 6 first team players on top either I think.

Those players I added if the players I mentioned left, I will now be swapping Stewart for Nisbet as seemingly Portsmouth are interested in Nisbet who will blow both us and United out of the water, although it depends on Nisbet wants to go there I suppose. Again above is your opinion but for me that team would offer us so much more to what we have now.

Those players I added if the players I mentioned left, I will now be swapping Stewart for Nisbet as seemingly Portsmouth are interested in Nisbet who will blow both us and United out of the water, although it depends on Nisbet wants to go there I suppose. Again above is your opinion but for me that team would offer us so much more to what we have now.

Obviously it would offer us something different to what we have now? It's a completely different team.

You have to balance your team though. Gogic protects the centre 2, you have a centre 3, that usually reduces the need for a holding midfielder.
Your wingers are just that, attacking wingers that won't offer the right protection in our third.

3 defenders, 3 midfielders and 4 attackers.

At least you agree to playing Scott Allan deeper now though.

Obviously it would offer us something different to what we have now? It's a completely different team.

You have to balance your team though. Gogic protects the centre 2, you have a centre 3, that usually reduces the need for a holding midfielder.
Your wingers are just that, attacking wingers that won't offer the right protection in our third.

3 defenders, 3 midfielders and 4 attackers.

At least you agree to playing Scott Allan deeper now though.

O’Donnell is a much better defender than what we have currently, Porto is captain material, Hanlon will be fine.

Gogic will give us that much needed steel and as you say protect the centre 2, although he will also break up the play so our flair midfielders can get on the ball and create things for us.

Both Aaron’s and Miller have pace in abundance but both can chase their marker back, so many times recently we have had players who are good at attacking but not good at tracking their marker back like Naismith for an example.

The absolute priority this window IMO should be Docherty. The laddie looks the real deal. And seems off the park is the real deal too. A proper Hibernian captain in the making.

This team and squad though absolutely needs reconstruction (though maybe not as much as the RELEGATED Gunts!!). Last season we were not nearly good enough. To lose twice at home v Levein's Gunts and Stendel's Gunts was a sad indictment.

Defence needs sorted. And we need greater attacking finishing.

The absolute priority this window IMO should be Docherty. The laddie looks the real deal. And seems off the park is the real deal too. A proper Hibernian captain in the making.

This team and squad though absolutely needs reconstruction (though maybe not as much as the RELEGATED Gunts!!). Last season we were not nearly good enough. To lose twice at home v Levein's Gunts and Stendel's Gunts was a sad indictment.

Seemingly Gerrard is trying to get Docherty back down to England.

I thought Jackson was coming on to a game, although he had one particular stinker. No mention of Newell either, who also was starting to look like a player befoe getting hurt? I agree on Docherty although the Gogic boy looks interesting after a few on here pointed him out. We are light on keepers although I would not be surprised if Bogdan comes back?

O’Donnell is a much better defender than what we have currently, Porto is captain material, Hanlon will be fine.

Gogic will give us that much needed steel and as you say protect the centre 2, although he will also break up the play so our flair midfielders can get on the ball and create things for us.

Both Aaron’s and Miller have pace in abundance but both can chase their marker back, so many times recently we have had players who are good at attacking but not good at tracking their marker back like Naismith for an example.

How much have you seen those other players? Any idea how much energy it takes to play a proper winger and cover against an opponents wide defenders and midfielders?
Any team that plays a wide style will expose the life out of that team.

What I would do. All day against that team, is cross field counters. Completely bypass our midfield and force our defenders to spread wide to attack that ball.
Think about it.

Weve just attacked down left hand side.. 2 forwards are in the 18 yard box, right winger is at his edge of the box, our left winger has just crossed the ball so hes at his corner flag.
Scott allan in central edge of the box. Omeonga is deeper, central left in case our winger played short.
Gogic is centre circle.
Porteous Hanlon and Odonnel are just outside our third.

That's how an attack from us will look. Laid out everyone on the park.
To defend that, you have 4 defenders, 2 midfielders.

Attack fails, their wingers are already wide, the ball moves MUCH quicker than any human can, so boom, cross field to their left midfielder who's already motoring down the wing to chase.
Counters on, now we're 4 v 6, can't stay tight, have to attack the ball. Porteous is on his own with players everywhere.

It doesn't matter how much we attack if we're exposed at every counter.
Then we stop committing players because we can be spread short.

All those players can be useful at the club, but just picking 11 good players doesn't make a team.

The Gunts signed enough players to make up two teams of pish, like you the defence does need strengthening and O’Donnell is available in the summer as is Miller, Gogic so the only fee’s would be for Nisbet, Stephane and Aaron’s would be a loan.

I thought Jackson was coming on to a game, although he had one particular stinker. No mention of Newell either, who also was starting to look like a player befoe getting hurt? I agree on Docherty although the Gogic boy looks interesting after a few on here pointed him out. We are light on keepers although I would not be surprised if Bogdan comes back?

Actually forgot all about Newell, he does look a much better player in the middle of the park, he worked well with Hallberg I thought. Compliment each other well.
Jackson seemed like 2 different players on any given day, although he did come onto a game with Porteous out. Helped that we were a more drilled looking team by that point. Maybe we were harsh on him earlier on.

How much have you seen those other players? Any idea how much energy it takes to play a proper winger and cover against an opponents wide defenders and midfielders?
Any team that plays a wide style will expose the life out of that team.

What I would do. All day against that team, is cross field counters. Completely bypass our midfield and force our defenders to spread wide to attack that ball.
Think about it.

Weve just attacked down left hand side.. 2 forwards are in the 18 yard box, right winger is at his edge of the box, our left winger has just crossed the ball so hes at his corner flag.
Scott allan in central edge of the box. Omeonga is deeper, central left in case our winger played short.
Gogic is centre circle.
Porteous Hanlon and Odonnel are just outside our third.

That's how an attack from us will look. Laid out everyone on the park.
To defend that, you have 4 defenders, 2 midfielders.

Attack fails, their wingers are already wide, the ball moves MUCH quicker than any human can, so boom, cross field to their left midfielder who's already motoring down the wing to chase.
Counters on, now we're 4 v 6, can't stay tight, have to attack the ball. Porteous is on his own with players everywhere.

It doesn't matter how much we attack if we're exposed at every counter.
Then we stop committing players because we can be spread short.

All those players can be useful at the club, but just picking 11 good players doesn't make a team.

Ross wants more pace in his team, both Miller and Aaron’s would give us that, O’Donnell would improve our defence that’s all I was pointing out.

Ross wants more pace in his team, both Miller and Aaron’s would give us that, O’Donnell would improve our defence that’s all I was pointing out.

Any and every signing should be made to improve us.
I'm trying to point out that in the current situation, we still have players at the club who can do a job. We cant replace 60% of the squad just now.

I dont think the money will be there to do that or for other clubs to come and take all these players from us.

Any and every signing should be made to improve us.
I'm trying to point out that in the current situation, we still have players at the club who can do a job. We cant replace 60% of the squad just now.

I dont think the money will be there to do that or for other clubs to come and take all these players from us.

We will just have to wait and see what Ross decides, for me I would prefer we got these players instead of missing out to another team in our league.

We will just have to wait and see what Ross decides, for me I would prefer we got these players instead of missing out to another team in our league.

Another obvious statement, c'mon clearly I feel the same way.
But at the same time, Mallan would do a job for any team in the league, Horgan would do the same. That's strengthening other teams in our league in the process.

There’s no way Hibs will undergo a massive rebuild in this window. 4/5 players in at the most, don’t expect many departures other than Flo. If we signed the likes of Gogic & O’Donnell on free transfers, done a deal to get Docherty back permanently, and signed a striker, I’d be happy.

Jack Ross seemed to be getting the best out of Doidge, Jackson and Newell. I think he can get more from Mallan and Horgan.

Docherty seemed to be a leader, we badly need that. Pretty sure Gogic was captain at Hamilton too?

There’s no way Hibs will undergo a massive rebuild in this window. 4/5 players in at the most, don’t expect many departures other than Flo. If we signed the likes of Gogic & O’Donnell on free transfers, done a deal to get Docherty back permanently, and signed a striker, I’d be happy.

Jack Ross seemed to be getting the best out of Doidge, Jackson and Newell. I think he can get more from Mallan and Horgan.

Docherty seemed to be a leader, we badly need that. Pretty sure Gogic was captain at Hamilton too?

I think it will determine on how many leave and what Ross wants for his team including the ones he doesn’t want. Gogic will give us what we were lacking, a real leader with steel in our midfield.

Reactions: Zab
I think it will determine on how many leave and what Ross wants for his team including the ones he doesn’t want. Gogic will give us what we were lacking, a real leader with steel in our midfield.

mate it will, but I don’t think many will leave. Simply because there are so many free agents this summer, and most clubs won’t be in a position to do business with under contract players.

Agree on Gogic, hope he’s a priority.

Omeonga would be great to get on a permanent deal. He never hides, is good at winning the ball back and carrying the ball forward. Limited he may be, but we are never going to be able to sign players who can do everything well.

We will sign about 3 or 4 new players IMO. Assuming Kamberi goes for money, we will need to replace him and probably McNulty as well. I'm fairly sure we want Nisbet, but I wouldn't be getting into a bidding war for him. We tried to sign Mikel Miller in January so I think that we will probably be in for him....hope so, he is a very good, skilful player. Gogic is the type of player we need to add a bit of aggression into our midfield. Like The Family I think Ross wants more pace into the team, but I really hope that doesn't mean we will be losing Martin Boyle. Full backs will probably stay as they are unless somehow we can get better. Naismith (if he signs) and McGinn will fight out the right back spot, but a fit Sir David would always be my preferred starter there. Lewis at left-back unless Mackie can improve on the defensive side of his game and his positional awareness. I also think Bogdan might be back.

A few Youth Academy players will IMO make the breakthrough this season. Ben Stirling for one. Big strong versatile defensive player with ability and a great attitude. Make or break season for Fraser Murray. Like Sam Stanton before him, he has all the ability to be a top player but he has yet to really make the breakthrough and stay in the first team.

Last edited:
I can’t recall Gogic performance wise but can remember his name, seemingly the new messiah though?
It always amuses me how players suddenly become the perfect fit for Hibs and what we need. Nisbet is unproven at the top level, he might have potential but Hibs will only pay so much, quite rightly imo, for such a player.

Regarding Horgan and Mallin, they are both quality imo, they would play regularly in all SPL teams outwith the ugly sisters.

I just can’t see us signing ODonnell, he will want big bucks, we all know Hibs will be outbid by other teams in terms of wages ( Aberdeen and Dundee Utd for starters).

Docherty is a player, would be fantastic to keep him.
It is worth remembering, all Scottish teams will be affected massively by cash flow, clearly some more than others but it is all relative.
I just can’t see there being too much money available for significant signings.

A season unlike any other

I think we should tighten our belt

There are teams in the league at the minute who literally have 6/7 players

I want to see more of our youngsters playing. There's pressure there to perform but with no crowd you might see them flourish

Seemingly Bogdan could be on his way to Turkey, we were linked with the Ex Gunt keeper that was at Sunderland McLaughlin but I don’t know if there is any truth in it.

Seemingly Bogdan could be on his way to Turkey, we were linked with the Ex Gunt keeper that was at Sunderland McLaughlin but I don’t know if there is any truth in it.
He's going to Blackburn apparently.
Bit disappointed Bogdan looks like he won't be back.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 1445 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back