• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Squad.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Your talking a couple of hundred grand max, it's hardly going to bankrupt us. And if it pushes us up a position or two and gets us in the top six, it would have actually made us money. Also having Scott Allan and possibly Efe would greatly enhance our chances of winning the SC. Like is said, the priority isn't the product on the pitch unfortunately.
You could be right - maybe the new pitch was a priority whilst we had the cash to pay for it.
Since we end up spending virtually every penny we take in, and you reckon it's not on the players, where do you think it gets spent?

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Your talking a couple of hundred grand max, it's hardly going to bankrupt us. And if it pushes us up a position or two and gets us in the top six, it would have actually made us money. Also having Scott Allan and possibly Efe would greatly enhance our chances of winning the SC. Like is said, the priority isn't the product on the pitch unfortunately.
We've spent plenty this season. We're in this poor position down to bad management.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
So the Smellies wanted £100,000 for Scotty and we refused to pay it?

The story I was told was that Hibs were very keen to do business, but calls to the Smellies went unanswered...........

I wonder which version was true? Maybe neither.
Celtic were never gonna let us have him. A GIRUY after the McGinn no deal.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Celtic were never gonna let us have him. A GIRUY after the McGinn no deal.
Quite possible, or even highly probable. Depending on whether you favour Hibs or Celtc I suppose.

It's interesting that there are two versions going around though - one which suggests Celtc are to blame, and one which suggests Hibs are to blame.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
So the Smellies wanted £100,000 for Scotty and we refused to pay it?

The story I was told was that Hibs were very keen to do business, but calls to the Smellies went unanswered...........

I wonder which version was true? Maybe neither.
I recon had we paid off his contract, he'd probably be a Hibs player. I don't know which version is true, but looking at the evidence, he hasn't kicked a ball all season for them and just signed a precontract with us. I'd say had we paid off his contract he'd be a Hibs player just now. It actually makes financial sense if he helps us get in the top six. Worst case scenario we don't and are out £200,000 max.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I recon had we paid off his contract, he'd probably be a Hibs player. I don't know which version is true, but looking at the evidence, he hasn't kicked a ball all season for them and just signed a precontract with us. I'd say had we paid off his contract he'd be a Hibs player just now. It actually makes financial sense if he helps us get in the top six. Worst case scenario we don't and are out £200,000 max.
In Hibs finances thats a lot of money to lose though.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
In Hibs finances thats a lot of money to lose though.
If we finish bottom six and season ticket sales decline, it's gonna be a lot more than a couple of hundred grand we lose. It's a mute point now. The club did what they felt best, and the window is closed. Just have to ride it out and see where we end up.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
If we finish bottom six and season ticket sales decline, it's gonna be a lot more than a couple of hundred grand we lose. It's a mute point now. The club did what they felt best, and the window is closed. Just have to ride it out and see where we end up.
Plus there's still no guarantee we would have made top 6 with Allan and Efe in. All ifs n buts.

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Think Nelom looked decent from glimpse of what seen but would rather have a homegrown Mackie in before him also.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I thought he was dreadful at Kilmarnock?

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
I'm not clear how Hibs could 'pay off his contract' with Celtc.
I don't know how that works.
If Celtc decided to keep him as a Celtc player then there's nothing Hibs could do about it. Is that not basically what Eddie May said happened?

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
  1. It was £100k in your first post. In the space of a few posts, now it’s £200k. Regardless, the simple fact is that you don’t have a fcukin clue how much it would have cost.
  2. Hibs don’t decide when or if Celtc players are released, have their contracts paid up, or anything else. But your automatic position is “it’s Hibs fault”, or more specifically “it’s Hibs board’s fault”, even when the accounts show that all the money is spent.
  3. How long till Scott Allan is match fit if we’d brought him in at the end of the window? As you say, he’s literally not played since the last time he played for us, last fcukin April/May. It’s as likely that we’d have spent £200k to have him play our bottom 6 fixtures. Worth it, in your opinion, given we are already assured that he is arriving on the very first day of preseason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
A few Celtic fans told me he Allan gets a big loyalty payment if he stays there till end of contract so no chance he was leaving this month, don’t know if it’s accurate

Jack

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
A few Celtic fans told me he Allan gets a big loyalty payment if he stays there till end of contract so no chance he was leaving this month, don’t know if it’s accurate
I think these loyalty payments are quite common, I've heard Hibs used to use them a lot. Not sure if we still do.

Looking back to Saturday we started with around £3m worth of talent on the bench. I'll be expecting the two of them to make a significant contribution over 90 minutes each match till the end of the season.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
This is the best starting line up we would have when all loans and contracts are expired. Add Shaw, Mackie, Murray, Slivka, Dabrowski and Block.

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
This is the best starting line up we would have when all loans and contracts are expired. Add Shaw, Mackie, Murray, Slivka, Dabrowski and Block.
View attachment 644
You can't add Murray, I'm afraid. I spoke to the laddie in a supermarket in Galashiels about 6 this evening. I asked him if he was playing tomorrow, he answered no; I asked him if he was in the squad, he answered no. There were three of the young guys in the supermarket, each Hibees tracksuited and booted, but only one of whom I recognised. So much for giving our young guys a chance.
(I was taking it that you meant for tomorrow's game, but I see now that you mean something rather different.) Oops.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
You can't add Murray, I'm afraid. I spoke to the laddie in a supermarket in Galashiels about 6 this evening. I asked him if he was playing tomorrow, he answered no; I asked him if he was in the squad, he answered no. There were three of the young guys in the supermarket, each Hibees tracksuited and booted, but only one of whom I recognised. So much for giving our young guys a chance.
(I was taking it that you meant for tomorrow's game, but I see now that you mean something rather different.) Oops.
Aye next season lol.

Hibs v St.Johnstone

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel