Squad. (1 Viewer)

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
With all the loans and players out of contract were gonna be very short of a starting eleven next season i reckon.

Loans
Bogdan
Johnson
Gauld
Omenonga
McNulty
Agyepong

Contract expiring
Gray
Nelom
Bartley
McGregor
Bigirimana

Big job for our next manager.

Last edited:

Central_Hibee

Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
With all the loans and players out of contract were gonna be very short of a starting eleven next season i reckon.

Loans
Bogdan
Johnson
Gauld
Omenonga
McNulty
Agyepong

Contract expiring
Nelom
Bartley
McGregor
Bigirimana

Big job for our next manager.
Think Gray expires in the summer too.

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
With a squad of between 22 to 25 it will probably happen every year. It's a big call on the recruitment department.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
With a squad of between 22 to 25 it will probably happen every year. It's a big call on the recruitment department.
Very big job and one i don't have full confidence in they can do. More additions like Nelom and Mavrias it could mean disaster.

Reactions: Central_Hibee

MSG_07

Registered
Reaction score
Do we keep Sir David? Spends half the season on the treatment table, this year and last year. I think we'll sign Bogdan permanently. The rest will be away.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
Do we keep Sir David? Spends half the season on the treatment table, this year and last year. I think we'll sign Bogdan permanently. The rest will be away.
It's a risk to keep him. Something the new manager will need to monitor. I would like to keep Bogdan also.

MSG_07

Registered
Reaction score
It's a risk to keep him. Something the new manager will need to monitor. I would like to keep Bogdan also.
I think Bogdan really likes playing for Hibs. Out of contract at the end of the season with pool, would seem a no brainer.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
I think Bogdan really likes playing for Hibs. Out of contract at the end of the season with pool, would seem a no brainer.
I reckon he will be wanted down south and we would miss out. Fingers crossed though.

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Very big job and one i don't have full confidence in they can do. More additions like Nelom and Mavrias it could mean disaster.
I'm of the opinion they were signed for cover. We can only speculate as to why they weren't used more.

We've heard lots of rumours recently including NL wanting more control in the club and falling out with 'other departments'. I speculate these guys were brought in by a department that NL fell out with.

I don't know how many times we've heard any head coach [manager] will need to work within the club set up that's in place.

I reckon he will be wanted down south and we would miss out. Fingers crossed though.
Yup. I can't see either keeper being happy to stay when the competition for the gloves is so close. One will go. Are Maccabi still sniffing round Rocky?

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion they were signed for cover. We can only speculate as to why they weren't used more.

We've heard lots of rumours recently including NL wanting more control in the club and falling out with 'other departments'. I speculate these guys were brought in by a department that NL fell out with.

I don't know how many times we've heard any head coach [manager] will need to work within the club set up that's in place.

Yup. I can't see either keeper being happy to stay when the competition for the gloves is so close. One will go. Are Maccabi still sniffing round Rocky?
Not entirely sure about the Rocky situation.

The scout situation worrys me. Some players who come in are not of great standards and does the Manager actually have the final say?

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Not entirely sure about the Rocky situation.

The scout situation worrys me. Some players who come in are not of great standards and does the Manager actually have the final say?
I was under the impression he was.

EastMeetsWest

Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
We are falling back into the continual "rebuilding the squad" pit again. Seemed to be a period where that's all we heard every season. It might be a hard job coming up for the recruitment team but avoiding mass outs followed by a scramble for ins should be part of their job detail also. A review of the recruitment policy must be on the cards. OK we do grab a quality player or 2 but it's usually with delay or issues. This season has proven what happens when you loose the nucleus of a team in one window then take 2 windows to still erse it up.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
We are falling back into the continual "rebuilding the squad" pit again. Seemed to be a period where that's all we heard every season. It might be a hard job coming up for the recruitment team but avoiding mass outs followed by a scramble for ins should be part of their job detail also. A review of the recruitment policy must be on the cards. OK we do grab a quality player or 2 but it's usually with delay or issues. This season has proven what happens when you loose the nucleus of a team in one window then take 2 windows to still erse it up.

Aye it's looking that way. I get if we have a good sesaon players will be picked up for a fee after all we're a selling club (every club is). But it always ends up we end up short of players. And on another note surely Hibs have a right back in the youth system that are better than the likes of Mavrias. And i would have Mackie on the bench before Nelom.

EastMeetsWest

Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Aye it's looking that way. I get if we have a good sesaon players will be picked up for a fee after all we're a selling club (every club is). But it always ends up we end up short of players. And on another note surely Hibs have a right back in the youth system that are better than the likes of Mavrias. And i would have Mackie on the bench before Nelom.
Think Nelom looked decent from glimpse of what seen but would rather have a homegrown Mackie in before him also.

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
People need to take the blinkers off. The people running the club don't prioritize the squad. A mug punter like me can see we are going to end up in the bottom six unless we brought in some quality. Your talking about a hundred grand to get Scott Allan in before next season. He's had two stints at us, he's a fucking difference maker. Doesn't it make financial sense to spend the money, possibly give Efe what he wants and finish in the top 6? More money from the category A games, plus more for finishing higher in the league. Our board thought differently and rolling the dice with what we have.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
Think Nelom looked decent from glimpse of what seen but would rather have a homegrown Mackie in before him also.

Mackies look decent tae. Develope home grown should be priority.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
People need to take the blinkers off. The people running the club don't prioritize the squad. A mug punter like me can see we are going to end up in the bottom six unless we brought in some quality. Your talking about a hundred grand to get Scott Allan in before next season. He's had two stints at us, he's a fucking difference maker. Doesn't it make financial sense to spend the money, possibly give Efe what he wants and finish in the top 6? More money from the category A games, plus more for finishing higher in the league. Our board thought differently and rolling the dice with what we have.
We can't keep on spending we will end up like the old Huns.

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Registered
Reaction score
We can't keep on spending we will end up like the old Huns.
Your talking a couple of hundred grand max, it's hardly going to bankrupt us. And if it pushes us up a position or two and gets us in the top six, it would have actually made us money. Also having Scott Allan and possibly Efe would greatly enhance our chances of winning the SC. Like is said, the priority isn't the product on the pitch unfortunately.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
So the Smellies wanted £100,000 for Scotty and we refused to pay it?

The story I was told was that Hibs were very keen to do business, but calls to the Smellies went unanswered..............

I wonder which version was true? Maybe neither.

Dundee v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel