• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Some Hibs gossip

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
According to todays Scotsman "Hibernian head coach Jack Ross is keen to keep hold of loan quartet Jason Naismith, Stephane Omeonga, Marc McNulty and Greg Docherty".

If his grip was looser on McNulty I wouldn't mind but I'd be delighted to keep the other three.

If his grip was looser on McNulty I wouldn't mind but I'd be delighted to keep the other three.
Most would get that, but McNulty was rusty or even unfit. You need lots of games in football to get up to pace. He would be a terrific signing. Getting games and fitness up to scratch is going to be a massive test for all clubs. I hope our players have been looking after themselves. Pre season training will be extra brutal, due to long lay off.

Most would get that, but McNulty was rusty or even unfit. You need lots of games in football to get up to pace. He would be a terrific signing. Getting games and fitness up to scratch is going to be a massive test for all clubs. I hope our players have been looking after themselves. Pre season training will be extra brutal, due to long lay off.

I've never been a fan to be honest, even during his initial loan. I think he flatters to deceive and any questions I had about his attitude were answered with that stamp. I've been following Sheffield United as my English team for a while and he was a streaky player who would score for a bit then disappear for weeks there and it seems to have been a theme throughout his career.

I honestly believe we could do better.

I've never been a fan to be honest, even during his initial loan. I think he flatters to deceive and any questions I had about his attitude were answered with that stamp. I've been following Sheffield United as my English team for a while and he was a streaky player who would score for a bit then disappear for weeks there and it seems to have been a theme throughout his career.

I honestly believe we could do better.
. Agree as regards the stamp. If Hibs can do better then fair enough. GGTTH

Jury is out on McNulty for me,wasn’t brilliant in 1st spell and just hasn’t done it this time.

I like Docherty but he hid and was abysmal in the derby at ER,probs keep.

Omeonga is barry on the piano.

I’d like to keep Naismith if he’s the same player as before injury.

Reactions: Zab
I'd keep all four if we can, even though like others I think McNulty is a bit overrated. He was struggling for fitness for a long time and strikers need to be playing regularly. I think he is an intelligent striker though and when fully fit can finish quite well. He was on ridiculous wages at Reading, however post-Covid I think we will see footballers wages decline sharply and so we may be able to take advantage when we are in a position to do so whenever the hell that will be. He is an Edinburgh boy and has a house here and lots of contacts at the club so I think we might be able to do something eventually.

Got told yday that Big Ron was given advice from someone outside the club on reconstruction/save the Jambos with particular emphasis on how these C's would have handled things if the boot was on the other foot.

By a respected Hibernian Man who "has his ear".

I'd like to think this counted.

McNulty has good movement and works well off of someone.
I wouldnt be upset if we didn't keep him as I'm sure there will be other targets up front.
The stamp is a black mark for sure.
If he stays, I'm sure hes a player that would do good.

The other 3 I'd be happy to keep.
We love Omeonga, he gets it, he feels us.
Docherty could be harder, depends on the deal that was done before though. Doubt they'll keep Kamberi.
I know others arent so keen on Naismith but I thought he was okay. Not sure what kind of playing time he'd be after though.

I don't think moving early is the way to go here, far too many uncertainties although I'm fairly certain it will be a totally different landscape at the other end.
Clubs won't be carrying the size of squad they used to and the trickle down effect will be that there will be thousands of quality players looking for hundreds of jobs.

I’d definitely try and sign Naismith we need constant competition and can’t see SDG being available much more than he has this season.

I’d definitely try and sign Naismith we need constant competition and can’t see SDG being available much more than he has this season.

We have Paul McGinn already. I feel McGinn is better than Naismith?

Don’t think there is much between them. But if SDG is out for months on end it would be good to have constant competition for the right back spot like we have been crying out for at the left back slot for years

I think Naismith is better going forward than McGinn. I like my full backs to be an attacking threat as well as a competent defender.

As an aside, bloody hell, I miss the Hibs.

McGinn has been good, but he’s only got a deal to next summer, and with Gray’s injury problems, I think Naismith could be a good option for the longer term.

I wasn’t a massive fan of him at first, but he grew on me. He seems to get Hibs too, which always helps.

There will sadly be a huge number of decent pro footballers in need a of club. If we are in good shape at the end of this we can probably attract better players than before. Particularly as if, as they should the whining effnuggets, Villa get relegated and the sell on monies probably buy twice as much.

McNulty generally lasts a season somewhere before " it doesn't work out" wouldn't be too worried if he adds another club to the list.

Naismith was brutal at defending but ok going forward, not so sure on McNulty either to be honest but would be delighted to make both Docherty and Stephane permanent signings.

Good time to go back to the Pars with a £200,000 offer for Nisbet. Pricks might want to do business now under the circumstances

Good time to go back to the Pars with a £200,000 offer for Nisbet. Pricks might want to do business now under the circumstances
Why are they pricks?

Why are they pricks?

Maybe a tad petulant calling them pricks, just thought we made them more than a fair offer in the winter. Lad was desperate to join us.

Maybe a tad petulant calling them pricks, just thought we made them more than a fair offer in the winter. Lad was desperate to join us.
No reason why they should sell their best player to the first bigger club that comes along, we don't like it when other clubs try to do it to us

Didn't we say that there would be no new players or money spent until everyone gets their wages back?
Might not even see a transfer window.

Slivka leaving at the end of his contract.

Slivka leaving at the end of his contract.

He's one of those players that could be great one day and shit the next. I really wanted him to do well at Hibs.

Back in for Ross Stewart of Ross County (striker) according to the Daily Record..
A case of Ross in for Ross from Ross.

Some players back in at East Mains on Thursday it was suggested on the Tommy McIntyre zoomer call tonight

Nisbet apparently told Portsmouth he wants to stay in Scotland.
Sounds good for us

Jason Naismith to fight for his place at Peterborough too.
Tbf he wasn't as urgently needed as others would be.

I'd like to have seen him back, but I agree we have other priorities.
Paul McGinn and Sir David will fight it out for the right-back spot.
Tom James also....surely he will show something this season.

Not bothered tbh he was ok nothing more.

Delighted with this as he was ok going forward but not so good as a defender.

St Mirren offering Gogic a contract where we haven't yet.
We haven't because we're still deferring wages and made that promis..

I'd say we're obviously still favourites, but how long can we keep this on before it does start to cost us?

Delighted with this as he was ok going forward but not so good as a defender.

I liked him. Big, strong, got stuck in and can attack the ball in the air.
The whole team was horrific defensively when he was in the squad, I find it hard to judge players on that first half, because half of them I wouldn't have wanted in the squad on the showing, but proved later there was a team there all along.

Doesn't matter now if the above is the case, and most would agree RB isn't a key area right now, but he wasn't as bad as some seem to think.

I liked him. Big, strong, got stuck in and can attack the ball in the air.
The whole team was horrific defensively when he was in the squad, I find it hard to judge players on that first half, because half of them I wouldn't have wanted in the squad on the showing, but proved later there was a team there all along.

Doesn't matter now if the above is the case, and most would agree RB isn't a key area right now, but he wasn't as bad as some seem to think.

In the games he played in, again my opinion he was ok going forward but got done a lot times in defence. I agree other defenders weren’t any better but we are talking about Naismith and not them, the amount of crosses that gets put into our box unchallenged urgently needs addressed.

In the games he played in, again my opinion he was ok going forward but got done a lot times in defence. I agree other defenders weren’t any better but we are talking about Naismith and not them, the amount of crosses that gets put into our box unchallenged urgently needs addressed.

That's been a problem for about 24 years ?‍♂️

St Mirren offering Gogic a contract where we haven't yet.
We haven't because we're still deferring wages and made that promis..

I'd say we're obviously still favourites, but how long can we keep this on before it does start to cost us?

Mentioned that on the SPL Players thread, hopefully it won’t cost us but the more time passes maybe it will.

That's been a problem for about 24 years ?‍♂️

Exactly and it still hasn’t been addressed.

Exactly and it still hasn’t been addressed.

It's a squad and style issue not any one player.

Anyways, it's not likely he's signing, pretty pointless debating him now.

To be fair what else are players supposed to say to the media? I see it as a standard quote pandering to the supporters by indicating a bit of loyalty to the club that hold their contract. Everyone knows if the right move came along for club or player the pandering to the fans might continue but the faux loyalty would be shown up for what it is.

We've all seen the reaction of parent club and supporters when pandering/loyalty bingo doesn't happen!

Nothing more than filling empty sports pages.

If this is true it doesn’t look like we will be forking out anything for players in the summer, shame to hear Combe is being replaced, thought he was doing a great job tbh, huge Hibby too he will be gutted.

https://www.thebigbrighthing.co.uk/spo...box=1592224597

This thread has been viewed 62679 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back