• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

So... Has it sunk in yet?

Sauzee's Teeth

I Was There And Went Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I'm still in a state of disbelief mixed with euphoria but I don't think it's properly sunk in that we've done it!!

:bbb:

Just watched the highlights again, just to make sure:bbb:

I feel fantastic, like a weight has been lifted. But I am still not sure it has sunk in fully by a long chalk.

I now cannot wait until next season, I presume and hope the first home game will include some kind of cup presentation?

I hope Hibs are getting the merchandising machine into gear right now also, as I for one am ready to purchase all manner of tat at this particular moment.

I feel fantastic, like a weight has been lifted. But I am still not sure it has sunk in fully by a long chalk.

I now cannot wait until next season, I presume and hope the first home game will include some kind of cup presentation?

I hope Hibs are getting the merchandising machine into gear right now also, as I for one am ready to purchase all manner of tat at this particular moment.

My feelings as well..

Don't think it has tbh, it definately did happen eh??????

Don't think it's sunk in for me too though I have checked the news, the bounce, Facebook and even joined Twitter today to quadruple check. It's true we done it. [emoji1303][emoji172]. Amazing weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My head, my pocket all know something mental happened for sure
Think it's still got a lot of sinking in to do though

Reactions: Zab
Not really. I've been in a state of shock since. I was trying to find fan videos of the winning goal and last 4 minutes, because that feeling was incredible...the 'bloody hell we're ahead in the final with 2 minutes of injury time to go...we can fucking do this'. The atmosphere was brilliant all through the match, the day was amazing.

I've still got 'Keatings on Fire' on loop in my head. It won't go away.

Scottish Cup Winners 1887, 1902 & 2016.

For [MENTION=101]egb_hibs[/MENTION]

Scottish Cup Holders and unbeaten in our last five derbies. Who's the top team in Edinburgh now, M?

Not really. I've been in a state of shock since. I was trying to find fan videos of the winning goal and last 4 minutes, because that feeling was incredible...the 'bloody hell we're ahead in the final with 2 minutes of injury time to go...we can $#@!ing do this'. The atmosphere was brilliant all through the match, the day was amazing.

I've still got 'Keatings on Fire' on loop in my head. It won't go away.

Scottish Cup Winners 1887, 1902 & 2016.

For [MENTION=101]egb_hibs[/MENTION]

Scottish Cup Holders and unbeaten in our last five derbies. Who's the top team in Edinburgh now, M?
We are B, we are :yeah:

More trophies in my lifetime as well, and of course we've won both cups where hearts haven't won the LC since Kennedy was president.

I'm still on cloud 9,I feel as if I'm 3 steps from heaven,I haven't felt this good since Latapy volleyed number 6 I don't think I'll ever get over this weekend from first thing on Saturday morning,meeting up with all you guys and girls,the stamperland club,Lindsay painting all the guys faces,the whole thing was absolutely amazing and JFTB and all other admins once more you have excelled yourselves well done:yas::yas::yas::banana::banana::banana:

Not quite yet but getting there, just wanted to say,,,,,,,
My 50[SUP]th[/SUP] birthday was March 13[SUP]th[/SUP] and was so hoping for a League cup win to commemorate. That didn’t transpire but that doesn’t matter now cos I’ll always remember my 50[SUP]th[/SUP]!
I’ve only really returned as a regular the last few years or so but big Thanks to all the guys at the Four in Hand for making me part of the Hibee family again and to the crazy Anchor bus!

We’ve got Moran, super Al Moran,
We just don’t think you understand,
He’s only got one eye,
He ate too many pies,
We’ve got super Al Moran,

GGTTH!

My day sober since Friday and it's slowly sinking in now I just canny believe we have finally done it!! Getting goosebumps every time I read or watch things from the weekend still!! What a weekend and what a party!!

I've gradually just recovered now from the amount of drink consumed over the weekend. It's still not sunk in for me. Had to go into work yesterday and today. How I made it in is beyond belief, was in bits!

What a weekend man, words just don't do it justice. From pre match in Stamperland, to the game itself, then parting with my fellow bounce radges and good mates and then, the same again on Sunday. Unbelievable scenes all round that will live with me for the rest of my life, as it will no doubt many others.

That's me off work until Monday now and as far as I'm concerned, the party must go on.

Stokessyyyyys on fireeee!!!

Thank you Hibs. X

After the best Hibs weekend for a long time it finally has began to sink in. Remember the Angel's High Above too. My only sadness was that my Dad died last year and wasn't by my side to witness the Cup Winners

My Hibs feelings over the decades have become somewhat Vulcanised (Spock, Star Trek reference to a guy with no emotions). Of course I love Hibs but never let the persistent and sometimes catastrophic let downs affect my overall demeanour.

I let that go a bit on Saturday and a bit more on Sunday and a bit bit more on Monday and bit bit more more today. I'm going to feckin explode mañana, despite being robbed of 100s of €s today in Barcelona (*****) nothings going to grey my cloud.

Tomorrow I'm going to wear a Hibs crested t-shirt to sing at the Nou Camp and at the weekend I'll be at the Estadio Riazor. Next week I'm singing at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium.

I've made up Hibs songs for first and last but can't think of anything Deportivo related? Any helpers?

The Beetles, U2, Queen. I love doing stadium tours - it's a kinda magic!

But seriously I do need a Hibs/Coruña song I can murrdurr.

My Hibs feelings over the decades have become somewhat Vulcanised (Spock, Star Trek reference to a guy with no emotions). Of course I love Hibs but never let the persistent and sometimes catastrophic let downs affect my overall demeanour.

I let that go a bit on Saturday and a bit more on Sunday and a bit bit more on Monday and bit bit more more today. I'm going to feckin explode mañana, despite being robbed of 100s of €s today in Barcelona (*****) nothings going to grey my cloud.

Tomorrow I'm going to wear a Hibs crested t-shirt to sing at the Nou Camp and at the weekend I'll be at the Estadio Riazor. Next week I'm singing at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium.

I've made up Hibs songs for first and last but can't think of anything Deportivo related? Any helpers?

The Beetles, U2, Queen. I love doing stadium tours - it's a kinda magic!

But seriously I do need a Hibs/Coruña song I can murrdurr.
Deportivo.... 7 Zero... Deportivo.... 7 Zero... Deportivo....7 Zero...ad infinitum

Boo!

Deportivo.... 7 Zero... Deportivo.... 7 Zero... Deportivo....7 Zero...ad infinitum

Boo!

It might need a wee bit of work.

I done my song at the Nou Camp today.

To the Stokes song.

Hibs are in Europe
Barcelonas terrified
Hibs are in Europe
NA NA NA NA NA ...

Aye, and I sang it out loud!

Down south in a hotel with work waiting on room service for my tea it hit me. Crying away like a baby I was earlier on.

Has it sunk in...no

Hibs and that trophy don't go.

Wow those boys did hibs proud and their names should adorn our stadium in letters ten feet high!

What happened :glassraise:

I'm still having to keep checking. Sky+ has taken a hammering. Every time I watch it - sometimes the highlights, sometimes the full version - I see something new or different.

I am going round in a dream like state where nothing negative is remotely coming close to bothering me. I feel weirdly invincible at the moment and that sounds just plain daft even typing that but when I've had to deal with more challenging things at work this week it really has been a case of an inner confidence and positivity coming to the fore and me thinking "on you go pal, do yer worst. Hibs won the Scottish Cup" :bbb:

I'm on a constant Stokes is on fire ear worm marathon. Every waking moment. First thing that literally comes into my head as soon as I wake. Still going round when the head hits the pillow. I've been taking my after work de-stress run to the stadium every day this week. Just trotting down Albion Road towards the ground makes my heart soar on the best of days - this week it is providing an adrenalin rush that makes it fly by. I suspect I won't be able to stop doing this until we kick a ball in earnest again at ER. I don't want the feeling of this week to end.

I've watched 7 times. And I'm just about to watch it again. I'm FF the build up though so it's no really too sad innit? :glassraise:

"We are rangers we don't care..." Is ringing out. Fuckin lying sad bastards. :yeah:

Never noticed it at the time but as I'm watching it again WTF was the hun badge aw aboot? Check the size o' it! Tis gargantuan FFS. :shock:

See when ye go to the Toby Carvery and ye pay a wee bit extra for a bigger plate?...'Bout the size o' that I reckon, aye :hmmm

Hibs-v-Rangers-Scottish-Cup-Final.jpg

tophat

90'34 seconds on the clock. Rangers are pressing, Nicky Clark on the ba' in the Hibs half...Davie Gray challenges him... ba's oot for a shy to the Hibees...rolls into the hun technical area...Warburton is clapping... Gray has nashed for the ba' and takes a quick yin to Fyvie...travel travel commits a defender then plays it oot to Stokes..a wee soft shoe shuffle to Tavernier and gets his space for a shot...Bang! Goalie saves it but pushes it oot for a corner.

The rest is history my friends. Gray started it. Gray finishes it. Goodnight. :ura:

Never noticed it at the time but as I'm watching it again WTF was the hun badge aw aboot? Check the size o' it! Tis gargantuan FFS. :shock:

See when ye go to the Toby Carvery and ye pay a wee bit extra for a bigger plate?...'Bout the size o' that I reckon, aye :hmmm

Hibs-v-Rangers-Scottish-Cup-Final.jpg

tophat

It's bigger than yon Yorkshire puddin hings in the AYCE breakfast fur £4.25 K. I bet there's a Huns 2016 Scottish cup winners t-shirt mountain somewhere in the Weedge

I'm still having to keep checking. Sky+ has taken a hammering. Every time I watch it - sometimes the highlights, sometimes the full version - I see something new or different.

I am going round in a dream like state where nothing negative is remotely coming close to bothering me. I feel weirdly invincible at the moment and that sounds just plain daft even typing that but when I've had to deal with more challenging things at work this week it really has been a case of an inner confidence and positivity coming to the fore and me thinking "on you go pal, do yer worst. Hibs won the Scottish Cup" :bbb:

I'm on a constant Stokes is on fire ear worm marathon. Every waking moment. First thing that literally comes into my head as soon as I wake. Still going round when the head hits the pillow. I've been taking my after work de-stress run to the stadium every day this week. Just trotting down Albion Road towards the ground makes my heart soar on the best of days - this week it is providing an adrenalin rush that makes it fly by. I suspect I won't be able to stop doing this until we kick a ball in earnest again at ER. I don't want the feeling of this week to end.

All of this. I feel like a load that I didn't know I was carrying has been lifted from my shoulders. And I've been thinking cheesy thoughts like that all week:Sparkle_Cool:

Still can't quite believe it. But watched it again several times and Grays goal still not been chalked off and no dodgy free kick awarded so it must have happened!

Ive been punch drunk all week.
Even Sunday at the parade I was subdued . My head couldn't take in what had happened.
After a few games of darts tonight , me and the young lad relived the highlights and then 2 hours of you tube offerings and it is now official
HIBERNIAN FC WON THE SCOTTISH CUP.
We came through 1-5 and went on to win it, we are untouchable as a support and club now , I am convinced. Bullet proof. Search resilience in the dictionary and it now says Hibenian fan.
We done it in style, and we celebrated in style.
Hibs fans eventually got the team they deserved. I love everyone of them. Forever.
God Bless The Hibs.

Just got back into Sydney last night. Still in dreamworld.
Watched the game which was recorded on the beIN Sports network in Australia wi my kids to explain it all again.
The commentator was superb . Clearly hates the Huns . Trying to find out who it was .
Still getting emotional . Explained to them that I couldn't get on the pitch as was in upper tier of South. They seemed disappointed -;)

Last edited:
Watched the game which was recorded on the beIN Sports network in Australia wi my kids to explain it all again.
The commentator was superb . Clearly hates the Huns . Trying to find out who it was .
Still getting emotional . Explained to them that I couldn't get on the pitch as was in upper tier of South. The seemed disappointed -;)

Great effort mate, rewarded in style this time

Still getting emotional . Explained to them that I couldn't get on the pitch as was in upper tier of South. The seemed disappointed -;)

I think you and your mate were sat directly behind me. If it wasn't you then it was 2 other members of the Aussie Hibernians!

I think you and your mate were sat directly behind me. If it wasn't you then it was 2 other members of the Aussie Hibernians!

If the Aus Hibs banner was there it was us-;)
Did you take a photo of us at the end ?
Certainly wasn't 'sat' for long . Bouncing about most of game .

If the Aus Hibs banner was there it was us-;)
Did you take a photo at the end ?
Certainly wasn't 'sat' for long . Bouncing about most of game .

Aye I took a photo of you both with the banner with your phone. Was good meeting you!

I'm sure I probably hugged you at some point too, I did hug almost everyone when Sir Dave nodded home the winner!

Aye I took a photo of you both with the banner with your phone. Was good meeting you!

I'm sure I probably hugged you at some point too, I did hug almost everyone when Sir Dave nodded home the winner!

You too - totally numb with emotion for ages afterwards .
My mate has travelled from Sydney for last 3 SC finals and returned devastated in 2012 and 13 so it was particularly sweet and deserved for him !

Can't stop watching the game highlights, videos of the players/fans singing SOL, That prick Warburton's high fiving his subs and staff thinking it was in the bag, privelidged to be sitting where I was and what company I was with, then taking my lad to the parade it's what dreams are made of.

90'34 seconds on the clock. Rangers are pressing, Nicky Clark on the ba' in the Hibs half...Davie Gray challenges him... ba's oot for a shy to the Hibees...rolls into the hun technical area...Warburton is clapping... Gray has nashed for the ba' and takes a quick yin to Fyvie...travel travel commits a defender then plays it oot to Stokes..a wee soft shoe shuffle to Tavernier and gets his space for a shot...Bang! Goalie saves it but pushes it oot for a corner.

The rest is history my friends. Gray started it. Gray finishes it. Goodnight. :ura:

It wasn't so much a tackle from Gray? It was brilliant pure pressure he was putting on the Hun and he couldn't handle it and he ended up knocking the ball out for a throw to Hibs, brilliant from Gray and as you say.. He finished it off

just about sunk in I think, or maybe not, tears of joy on a daily basis..

in my wee terraced street in the Leith Links colonies there are at least 6 Hibs season ticket holders aged from 18-70 and it was a great day today loafing about in the sun watching the kids play while the adults exchanged tales of Hampden glory, some epic bottle recycling from the last week taking place too.

not sure if its the right thread but was thinking earlier that there's been a lot of chat about how good it was winning the Cup for the old timers who have been going for decades without a cup win and indeed it was, I do a lot of football coaching around Edinburgh for 10-16 year olds through my job and there are loads of mad keen Hibbies in that age range who go everywhere and have until now never seen any success or even seen a good Hibs team.

just delighted for them and for everyone else, life is beautiful just now.

just about sunk in I think, or maybe not, tears of joy on a daily basis..

in my wee terraced street in the Leith Links colonies there are at least 6 Hibs season ticket holders aged from 18-70 and it was a great day today loafing about in the sun watching the kids play while the adults exchanged tales of Hampden glory, some epic bottle recycling from the last week taking place too.

not sure if its the right thread but was thinking earlier that there's been a lot of chat about how good it was winning the Cup for the old timers who have been going for decades without a cup win and indeed it was, I do a lot of football coaching around Edinburgh for 10-16 year olds through my job and there are loads of mad keen Hibbies in that age range who go everywhere and have until now never seen any success or even seen a good Hibs team.

just delighted for them and for everyone else, life is beautiful just now.

Re the youngsters never seeing any success Tricky, my 8 year old grandsons only been a hibby since the semi against Dundee United and another grandson at 14 ,who's only been a hibby since Christmas, both because their faithers were tossers tae them, and me seeing the opperchancity tae 'turn' them. Both now seen them win the cup!

just starting to sink in now that I am back at work, never been on the bounce during my leave due to celebrating a wee bit too much - wife was going nuts

Was at the game with my daughter, brother and my auld man (73), never have I been so happy that the auld fella was at my side at a game...magic.

GGTTH

This thread has been viewed 7760 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50