Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Nov 5, 2002
Edinburgh's Waterfront
This Leith Street nonsense.

I might have a selective memory but I can't remember in the past streets being closed for the benefit of commercial building works.

Yeah they've been closed for public works, like at Pilrig for 10 weeks with no apparent benefits.

Now it seems to happen all over the place.

And these road closures, public and private, seem to go on for a lot longer than expected or seems necessary.
Pilrig junction is much more pedestrian friendly now and the traffic flows better too. Win-Win.

Oct 11, 2008
East of WeegieLand
This Leith Street nonsense.I might have a selective memory but I can't remember in the past streets being closed for the benefit of commercial building works.Yeah they've been closed for public works, like at Pilrig for 10 weeks with no apparent benefits.Now it seems to happen all over the place.And these road closures, public and private, seem to go on for a lot longer than expected or seems necessary.
Its being closed to lay major gas pipes I've been told so they're coinciding it with the work on the new centre. Seems like a good idea to me.

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Nov 11, 2007
A stool at the bar
Its being closed to lay major gas pipes I've been told so they're coinciding it with the work on the new centre. Seems like a good idea to me.
If that's the case it's almost reasonable, gas being privatised but of benefit to us all.

Is the gas being moved because of the new build though?

And 44 weeks?

They lay miles of gas pipes in the most inhospitable p!aces in the world in days/weeks! It seems ridiculous then for half a mile of whatever they're doing to take almost a year.

Smurf

Private Member
Registered
May 15, 2003
Suburbia
If that's the case it's almost reasonable, gas being privatised but of benefit to us all.

Is the gas being moved because of the new build though?

And 44 weeks?

They lay miles of gas pipes in the most inhospitable p!aces in the world in days/weeks! It seems ridiculous then for half a mile of whatever they're doing to take almost a year.
Agreed.

Seems to me since we voted against the congestion charge the council are happy with roads being closed by whoever for however long.

HATTIE

Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jan 31, 2008
Moredun
Agreed.

Seems to me since we voted against the congestion charge the council are happy with roads being closed by whoever for however long.
And we're at that time of the year, the annual spring up of road works everywhere drives you nuts

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Nov 11, 2007
A stool at the bar
[MENTION=4263]Dub[/MENTION]. Sorry to drag you into this ;-)

I see Hamilton Place is to be closed for 4 days.

What's going on there?

Are you Stockeree boys allowed into town? I've see the roadworks at Howe Street have been there for months and Queen Street Gardens West looks like it will be shut for some time.

Would you like us to organise food parcels? I could use the drone I got for my birthday last year!

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Nov 15, 2005
Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
[MENTION=4263]Dub[/MENTION]. Sorry to drag you into this ;-)

I see Hamilton Place is to be closed for 4 days.

What's going on there?

Are you Stockeree boys allowed into town? I've see the roadworks at Howe Street have been there for months and Queen Street Gardens West looks like it will be shut for some time.

Would you like us to organise food parcels? I could use the drone I got for my birthday last year!
I didn't actually know that Jack. I had a look at the Traffic disruption - City of Edinburgh site but it doesn't show it at all. If I'm round there tomorrow I will look and see if there are any signs up and report back.

We are allowed up town. Blonde/black/brown hair types are allowed to venture up the toon any weekday between 0600 - 0700hrs. Strawberry blond/Caledonian rouge hair types have carte blanche which is the way it should be [original hair colour used in all circumstances to verify access privileges] :raisehat:

Food parcels are always welcome of course :pizza:

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Nov 11, 2007
A stool at the bar
Quite a lot of shite on that lot eh?

Hyatt Regency at Granton Harbour is bold, hope it works.
Quite a lot of good stuff too, if not by design then for purpose.

Lots and lots of housing. I was trying to count the various purposes, housing, students, hotels of various types, retail, cinemas, offices etc. I'd need a spreadsheet and time. Maybe if I was still working lol

One thing I noticed was that in most of the mixed developments housing was scheduled for the final phase. To my thinking that means after the developers have maxed out the profits they piss off leaving the housing not even started. The council need to address this.

Jamie

Radge Admin
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jul 23, 2002
Leith.
www.hibeesbounce.com
Leith st to be totally closed for 44 weeks pretty soon
Ye fecker I shat it there, then saw yer post was last years (or 2 :giggle:)

Next Game : Hibs v Elgin (Scottish Cup)

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel