• Welcome to the New - DNS Propagation should be completed by now for all. If you are seeing this message you are in the right place.
    GGTTH

Simon Murray

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Simon Murray was a strange case. I don't think I have ever heard a Hibs manager rave about a potential new signing as Neil Lennon did about Murray before he brought him in. He couldn't wait to get him in the door. Despite playing well and scoring several goals including some absolute crackers, within a few months he was not starting games and then in the January window he was punted out on loan to Dundee. I could never understand why Lennon had such a change of opinion about the lad, specially as IMO he had been quite impressive in the games he played. He was pacy, skilful, energetic, hard working, and certainly had an eye for goal.

Question is would Ross want four strikers for his squad ? I certainly wouldn't want to see Gullan loaned out again. Murray also suffered a serious cruciate ligament knee injury when he was playing in South Africa. That would be a concern.

I liked him as a player, and normally I am not keen to see former players coming back. Every window there always seems to be rumours about former Hibs players returning or a clamour from fans to get someone back who was here before. My thoughts are that If we could afford to bring him in to compete for a forward spot with our other strikers then fine. It gives us another forward option. He would add further goal threat and pace and energy, however IMO we really do need to prioritise on improving our defence before bringing in another striker.

Only down side would be having to suffer that cringey song about him.

The Family

Capital Radge
Simon Murray was a strange case. I don't think I have ever heard a Hibs manager rave about a potential new signing as Neil Lennon did about Murray before he brought him in. He couldn't wait to get him in the door. Despite playing well and scoring several goals including some absolute crackers, within a few months he was not starting games and then in the January window he was punted out on loan to Dundee. I could never understand why Lennon had such a change of opinion about the lad, specially as IMO he had been quite impressive in the games he played. He was pacy, skilful, energetic, hard working, and certainly had an eye for goal.

Question is would Ross want four strikers for his squad ? I certainly wouldn't want to see Gullan loaned out again. Murray also suffered a serious cruciate ligament knee injury when he was playing in South Africa. That would be a concern.

I liked him as a player, and normally I am not keen to see former players coming back. Every window there always seems to be rumours about former Hibs players returning or a clamour from fans to get someone back who was here before. My thoughts are that If we could afford to bring him in to compete for a forward spot with our other strikers then fine. It gives us another forward option. He would add further goal threat and pace and energy, however IMO we really do need to prioritise on improving our defence before bringing in another striker.

I get what you are saying but this will only give us plenty competition in this position, that can only be good for us. His work rate and he scored important goals (Zombies & Gunts) for me he would be a welcome addition.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
If he was “pacy, skilful, energetic, hard working, and certainly had an eye for goal” he’d either be at Hibs still as first choice or moved onto far better things.

Totally agree he would provide decent cover for a nominal wage and I’d sign him and he knows the league so wouldn’t be a gamble.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
4 goals in his last 21 games - starts and subs.

Him and Stokes were moved on because they weren't scoring enough.

That said 7 goals in his first 4 games hinted at something prolific.

I think he could offer an option. I suppose it largely depends on what kinds of system we're likely to go for.

I suspect it will be a 4-2-3-1, and I don't really see how he fits into that. Maybe as an impact sub. Five subs will present opportunities to change half a team during games if it is adopted.

westsidehibs

Well-Known Radge
Don't think he was good enough tbh and confidence went big time for some reason I remember him more at one of his last games dundee away where he missed a few sitters.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I actually wouldn't mind him.
In different circumstances we might not have even looked at him though?

Had a serious knee injury? Got a scar from half up his thigh to his shin near enough.

He's a busy body tho, gets wired in and hassles everyone. Can score too despite some opinions.

The Family

Capital Radge
Rat Boy out Docherty as a straight swap.

Murray in, didn’t know about his injury but no doubt our medical staff will assess him if we are at all interested.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
Not good enough for me. We need strikers that have a decent scoring ratio. Wonder what his assist stats are.

Zab

Admin
I’d be happy to see him back. He’d add some much needed depth up front, he can score goals (even if things dried up quickly first time round), his energy and pressing from the front in infectious, while Doidge is currently the only real senior striker at the club*

*Nisbet is full of potential but untested at this level, Gullan is still young, and Kamberi is gone as far as I’m concerned.

AG1337

Well-Known Radge
I liked SM, he brings different qualities including pace and energy which every defender hates.
A good option off the bench too.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
Monthly Goal: £107.00
Donations so far: £50.00

Unread Posts