Should Our Elected Fans Representatives Resign?

Should Both Fan Representatives Resign?

• Yes

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • No

Votes: 16 13.9%

• Total voters

Westside Green

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Opinion: Stephen McIlkenny on why SFA review is necessary for real change - The Scotsman

Furthermore, why are the reasons for refusing a review so weak and ill-formed? In 2011 the buzzword at the SFA appeared to be transparency, so what has changed? Stewart Regan, the chief executive, said in a recent interview that “Not a single phone call, not a single e-mail, not a single letter has been received from any of our members other than Celtic.”
However, the SPFL board called for an independent review into the process on July 26. For those of you that aren’t aware, the SPFL board is made up of 9 representatives. 6 being from clubs, 2 independent non exec members, plus Neil Doncaster, the CEO of the SPFL.
An Aberdeen fan group has already called for a review, while some Hibs supporters seem incandescent on fan forums that their club has officially backed the SFA stance and announced that it’s time to move.
I refuse to accept that it is only one club and a minority of fans who want to see a review of the SFA. In fact, if that is the case and no other club or fans want to have a transparent organisation or a review into proceedings, then we may as well call an end to Scottish football right now.

This bit is the crux of the matter. Can Tracey or anybody else give me a good reason why not?

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
If your more than happy to post your reasons then post them?

Ive not doubted it you thats wrote your posts. Just come out with why you personally decided to go along with the statement.

For what its worth I think you and Frank have been suckered into taking all the flak that the board should be receiving for writing that in the first place.
I agree, Frank and Tracey have been patsies to a board decision, taking flak off the 'real' decision makers.

tayside hibee

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
What's really sad about this whole sorry state of affairs, is watching Hibs fans threaten to not go back, give out abuse to fellow Hibbys and generally suck the feel good factor out the club. A " feel good" which hasn't been around the club for a long time and which came at a hefty price.
Frank and Tracey ( whom I don't know) going from probably being on such a high , given a role at the club they love, to receiving abuse and harassment .
The Hun must be pishing itself laughing as it tears us apart. My hatred for them grows everyday, but I so much want to move on from this sorry episode. Lawyers and courts have proved time and time again on this that they can't decide how culpable the Hun was. Guilty, not guilty , guilty , not guilty , a bit guilty , a little bit , a big bit , not guilty . How many more circles do people want to go round?
Why no outrage at the gunts? They cheated and conned their way for years also? It's all a bit " green brigade" driven for me, it saddens and bores me.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
What's really sad about this whole sorry state of affairs, is watching Hibs fans threaten to not go back, give out abuse to fellow Hibbys and generally suck the feel good factor out the club. A " feel good" which hasn't been around the club for a long time and which came at a hefty price.
Frank and Tracey ( whom I don't know) going from probably being on such a high , given a role at the club they love, to receiving abuse and harassment .
The Hun must be pishing itself laughing as it tears us apart. My hatred for them grows everyday, but I so much want to move on from this sorry episode. Lawyers and courts have proved time and time again on this that they can't decide how culpable the Hun was. Guilty, not guilty , guilty , not guilty , a bit guilty , a little bit , a big bit , not guilty . How many more circles do people want to go round?
Why no outrage at the gunts? They cheated and conned their way for years also? It's all a bit " green brigade" driven for me, it saddens and bores me.
In my lifetime Scottish football has been about two teams and has pretty much been run accordingly. It'll never change either unless someone forces it to , and that someone would have to be supporters as pretty soon the normality will be resumed

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
[MENTION=16774]traceyhibs[/MENTION] Here's just a simple question, and yes or no is all it needs. Do you think yours and Franks decision represented the majority of the supporters view on this matter?

tayside hibee

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
In my lifetime Scottish football has been about two teams and has pretty much been run accordingly. It'll never change either unless someone forces it to , and that someone would have to be supporters as pretty soon the normality will be resumed
I agree, but I just don't see how another investigation would change anything about the status quo.
If anybody should be perusing this matter more it should surely be the taxman. The only people who I see to potentially gain from all this is the Smellies which I don't have any appetite for.

Kenny

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
jabba suggests trigger removes the bristles from the broom and put the bristles into the new broom - it is now the same broom.

this bit bothers me not so much - the sevco identity crisis is their problem.

the complicit SFA is our problem

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
I agree, Frank and Tracey have been patsies to a board decision, taking flak off the 'real' decision makers.
Yes. Back to the bad old days. They’ve allowed themselves to be the focus when it should be on the sfa.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
I agree, but I just don't see how another investigation would change anything about the status quo.
If anybody should be perusing this matter more it should surely be the taxman. The only people who I see to potentially gain from all this is the Smellies which I don't have any appetite for.
But surely something should be seen to be done as it definitely would with lesser clubs

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Yes. Back to the bad old days. They’ve allowed themselves to be the focus when it should be on the sfa.
Which makes me conclude this is all about the seamless handover and inheritance at the SFA....

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Youre missing the point here. It's no longer about the Huns it's about the involvement of the SFA and SPFL and their integrity from beginning to whenever the end arrives. There are club officials up and down the country who appear to be up to their necks in it seeking to move on. All that's been asked for here is an independent review of the events surrounding the authorities handling of the whole affair and the SFA in particular are blocking it. It stinks to high heaven therefore Celtc have continued to push buttons. Every club in the country should be backing the call for an investigation, even The Huns, but certain high profile club boards are hiding away against the wishes if their own fanbase.
The grief our reps are facing is because they failed to communicate the vast majority of our supporters' feelings to the board and sided with them.
Going after the Huns is a completely separate matter for now.

Desperate Dan

Scottish no british, ya radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Sorry but that is nonsense, it's nowt tae dae with the tax man, it's tae dae with governance of Scottish fitba. Ignoring the smellies motives and ignoring the title stripping, something needs tae be done. Currently working within the SFA at the top level we have the people who worked the EBT scheme at the huns, we have the people who knew about it at the time who ignored/aided it, we have the people who tried tae cover it up and sweep it under the carpet when it was found out , we have those people who tried tae twist, break, ignore every rule that ever existed tae get the huns back tae the top. You think that doesn't warrant investigation? Any idea if the same brown envelopes passed about then are being passed about now by the same people? Trust them aye? About as far as I could throw a grand piano. The same people who have cheated, lied, covered up and what ever else are still running the show and you think that's ok and we should move on with them left in position? The game in Scotland currently has about as much credibility as American wrestling but you think we should just move on with the same people still in charge? People with nowt tae hide have nowt tae fear from any investigation. Got tae wonder (well actually you dinnae) why these people dinnae want investigated? Celtc's motives dinnae interest me but if they are the only ones willing tae lead the charge then on this occasion they have my backing.

Last edited:

Wannabehibee

Bounced Out!
I've now voted after reading [MENTION=16774]traceyhibs[/MENTION] statement that we were all waiting on.

I've voted resign. Tracey, your statement and subsequent posts tell us nothing. You are dodging valid questions saying you'd rather speak to folk face to face or on the phone and that anything you put up folk are saying is written by David Forsyth. What utter nonsense. All i can garner from your replies is that you and Frank voted they way that YOU saw fit and to hell with what the majority of fans felt.

No confidence in the fans reps now. Sorry.
Feel free to come and speak to me on Saturday at the game, I'm in East Stand, Section 43. Can PM my seat number if you're interested.

Desperate Dan

Scottish no british, ya radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I acknowledge that a lot of supporters are angry with the statement but I also acknowledge the support I have had who haven't lost confidence. Not everyone puts it on forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you've had more people that agree with your position than disagree with it? If you agree with petrie that it should be swept under the carpet then yer nae better than he is, naebody with anything tae hide has anything tae fear from any investigation, only those who have something tae hide have. If you disagree and have gone along with it tae protect yer position yer nae better. He has nae shame, have you? I think these two fans directors places on the board is a complete sham and waste of time and I wisnae going tae bother voting next time but should the farce come round again and either you or the other incumbent stand I shall be voting for other candidates in an effort tae keep out people who think it's ok tae sweep cheating under the carpet

Last edited:

bigmanandy

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Is there plans to change the hordes of Huns within the SFA who influence the organisation and have done for a very long time, are we going to get a more neutral regime to lead our game? Are we going to have people who care about sporting integrity instead of keeping our corrupt game in the dark ages? People should be exposed Tracey plain and simple and fans should know the truth about our game and the people covering there arses.

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
To add to that, Franks inability to post on the bounce or other Hibs website has left Tracey to do so on her own, which appears to have personalised it even more. Well played the puppetmasters.

Whilst I asolutely disagree with what Frank and Tracey have done, by Sauzee they have diverted the flak from the real problem, our unelected board members and the cheats and liars at the SFA.

To think I happily voted for both of you.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
What a sorry state.
The way the cheating Huns have been dealt with by those supposedly in charge of our beautiful game is a disgrace.
The way the mainstream media has dealt with ALL connected issues has been a disgrace.
I’m now concerned that we are following that trend.
The role of ‘fan reps’ seems to have different meanings to many. Some think they are there in an adversarial position against evil blazers, others think they have to take a poll on every decision. Or are they there as elected members with a broad remit to support us all? Well, everyone has to choose.
The view that ‘the rest of the Board’ (probably just Rodders) has somehow conspired to hang them out to dry is perhaps the biggest load of tosh I’ve read on the subject. Our Board members are top professionals, with a real interest in Hibs. They really are.
To suggest they gather together in some sort of ‘evil gang’ to ‘hang Tracey and Frank out to dry’ is really laughable if it wasn’t so frankly pathetic.
Frank and Tracey are proper Hibs fans. Fact. Endof & all that shit.
They aren’t Hun apologists and have suffered the cups of pish, abuse etc that all Hibs fans have at Ipox. Why would they forget that shit?
If they were convinced by the evidence given confidentially at Hibs Board meeting that they chose to go along with a recommendation that suited Hibs then who can blame them?
That doesn’t mean they (or we) condone the cheating and the chicanery of the SFA it suggests that an investigation on the terms put forward would fail.
Rightly or wrongly they supported a view that put Hibs (arguably) in the best place.
I despise the Huns.
I despise the way that they have been ‘favoured’ by the likes of Campbell Ogilvie, and the SFA appointees who ARE Hun apologists.
I don’t despise Tracey or Frank, and I don’t think they have been hung out to dry, framed, or played for Patsies.
In the longer term I think the truth will out, and maybe some sort of justice will prevail.
I’d still prefer a full investigation, and if I had faith in the polis then I’d like that too.
As I’ve said before, ignoring the nonsense that gets spouted……….. why does nobody investigate Souness and Sir Cardigan getting EBTs when they were at other clubs? It’s clear to a blind man that bribes took place.
I’d have liked Hibs to have backed a further investigation, but I’m clear where the crime was committed and it wasn’t at Easter Road.
In the meantime, I’m going tomorrow.

2-1

Dinnae listen to Big G.
Get yer money on.
GGTTH

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
To suggest they gather together in some sort of ‘evil gang’ to ‘hang Tracey and Frank out to dry’ is really laughable if it wasn’t so frankly pathetic.
Frank and Tracey are proper Hibs fans. Fact. Endof & all that shit.
They aren’t Hun apologists and have suffered the cups of pish, abuse etc that all Hibs fans have at Ipox. Why would they forget that shit?
GGTTH
could be wrong but am taking a wild guess Tracey has not been to many Hibs away games at Ibrox over last 15-20 years.

Hibs v Motherwell