Should Our Elected Fans Representatives Resign?

Should Both Fan Representatives Resign?

• Yes

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • No

Votes: 16 13.9%

• Total voters

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
So it was a "unanimous" board decision, with our two elected by us fans, board members part of that vote.

It's obvious they absolutely did not convey any fan representation in their vote. The fans of our club quite clearly, by a large majority, want to see EVERYTHING done that is absolutely possible to preserve the integrity of our national game.

Our club and us fans were cheated. We want to know why and how this can't be repeated in the future.

I am not doubting our two elected, by us the fans, directors are lovely well intentioned folks. I am not at all doubting they are genuine, passionate and committed Hibs supporters. This isn't at all personal.

However, they've totally IMHO lost any credibility and the support of those they supposedly represent.

They should do the honourable thing and resign.

Last edited:

Fritz

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Yes. If they didn`t know the majority view on this, which i find very hard to believe, they should`ve canvassed us to find it out. Sadly, they chose to represent themselves.

Last edited:

Wannabehibee

Bounced Out!
I think folk think their role is a lot more indepth than it actually is. It was IMO a token gesture from the Board to keep the masses from rebelling when they came up with the fans reps idea. They're there to ask mundane things to like "why are the pies shite and no hot" or "how can i find this out about the club" etc etc.

It's interesting though that it was a unanimous board decision not to pursue the review on the Hun cheating. They need to explain why they voted with the board on this but its not the first time they've done it (loyalty points anyone?).

I'll wait to read their statement on this before i vote.

Greenpower

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
I think folk think their role is a lot more indepth than it actually is. It was IMO a token gesture from the Board to keep the masses from rebelling when they came up with the fans reps idea. They're there to ask mundane things to like "why are the pies $#@!e and no hot" or "how can i find this out about the club" etc etc.It's interesting though that it was a unanimous board decision not to pursue the review on the Hun cheating. They need to explain why they voted with the board on this but its not the first time they've done it (loyalty points anyone?).I'll wait to read their statement on this before i vote.
Their statements are prepared and approved by David Forsyth. I'm sure they will happily correct me if I'm wrong.

Duns_Hibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
They should go. A unanimous vote means they voted for it against the majority wishes of the fans. They are there to represent the fans not appease the board's 'box-ticking' fans engagement. For me the role of the Fans Rep no longer has any credibility.

IAmLee

Bounce Radge
I think they should go, there was no attempt to find out what the fans thought before they voted which, for me, makes their "fans rep" position completely pointless. I'm sure most fans would not have been so up in arms had we at least been consulted & had our views represented.

SlovSam

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Not yet as they must be given the opportunity to explain why they decided to vote in favour of the board which is clearly and unequivocally against the wishes of the vast majority of the fan base which they are meant to represent.

However it hardly matters as their credibility is long gone and any statement is very likely going to be written by or at least approved by Leanne and Rod before it gets anywhere near publication.

I expect something mealy moothed along the lines of heartfelt and difficult/listening hard/very complicated/collective responsibility but ultimately no resignations as its amazing how a bit of quasi "power" and access changes the opinions.

Meanwhile Leanne and Rod will just smugly crease themselves as their deliberate use of the word "Unanimous" cleverly deflected part of the fan anger onto what is perceived to be a couple of patsies.

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Not yet as they must be given the opportunity to explain why they decided to vote in favour of the board which is clearly and unequivocally against the wishes of the vast majority of the fan base which they are meant to represent.

However it hardly matters as their credibility is long gone and any statement is very likely going to be written by or at least approved by Leanne and Rod before it gets anywhere near publication.

I expect something mealy moothed along the lines of heartfelt and difficult/listening hard/very complicated/collective responsibility but no resignations as its amazing how a bit of power and access changes the opinions.

Meanwhile Leanne and Rod will just smugly crease themselves.
'divisive issue ' will crop up in the statement no doubt

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
The consultation with the fans on this issue appears to be non existent, on here at least. I haven't seen any mention of how other our other fans groups/forums (you know who I mean) have reacted. It begs the question that if the feeling elsewhere is as strong as it is on the Bounce, just who are the Hibs fans that were consulted for their opinion on whether we just 'move on'?
To be fair to Tracey and Frank, I believe they will have communicated the fan's anger and demands to the club directors but at some point they've been convinced to back the clubs corporate stance. It is this backing of the board that makes their positions untenable but again raises the question of what fans, if any, gave the reps sufficient caveat to vote with the board on this matter.

tayside hibee

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
No.
None of us were privy to what has been said at the meetings. The facts, the costs the likely outcome.
This has been going on for years, top lawyers $%#@ agree on the finer points, it was going round in circles. What exactly are/were people hoping to gain from further investigations? Nobody stood to gain financially, the old Rancid is gone(when it suits them), compensation is a non starter, titles and cups were not going to be re-rewarded.
A lot of time and money was going to be wasted to tell us what we already know, both the hun and league bosses were neck deep in corruption .Its not exactly news , is it?
It leaves a bad taste for sure, but they got liquidated, had to start again and unfortunately they are back in the top league, and of course they eventually will start winning things again.
The only real option we have is to ignore Scottish football completely, but we all love Hibs and the social side which comes with them too much to do that.
Cast your mind back to May 2016. How sweet was it, how big a f%%%n cherry was it , on an already huuuuuuuge cake, to give that despicable club its arse on a plate? We just have to make sure we continue to so.

Back to the point, the reps don't deserve to be another casualty of them cheating c u next Tuesdays.
The Glasgow 2 have dragged us back centuries already with their 1690 pish and the rest, lets move on , don't let them drag us back again, its getting truly boring.

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I haven't seen any mention of how other our other fans groups/forums (you know who I mean) have reacted. It begs the question that if the feeling elsewhere is as strong as it is on the Bounce, just who are the Hibs fans that were consulted for their opinion on whether we just 'move on'?
General feeling on .net seems to be in-line with the feeling on here. There's poll with 67% dissatisfied with the club's statement, only 10% satisfied, and 23% no fussed.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Fans rep...thankless task

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
No.
None of us were privy to what has been said at the meetings. The facts, the costs the likely outcome.
This has been going on for years, top lawyers $%#@ agree on the finer points, it was going round in circles. What exactly are/were people hoping to gain from further investigations? Nobody stood to gain financially, the old Rancid is gone(when it suits them), compensation is a non starter, titles and cups were not going to be re-rewarded.
A lot of time and money was going to be wasted to tell us what we already know, both the hun and league bosses were neck deep in corruption .Its not exactly news , is it?
It leaves a bad taste for sure, but they got liquidated, had to start again and unfortunately they are back in the top league, and of course they eventually will start winning things again.
The only real option we have is to ignore Scottish football completely, but we all love Hibs and the social side which comes with them too much to do that.
Cast your mind back to May 2016. How sweet was it, how big a f%%%n cherry was it , on an already huuuuuuuge cake, to give that despicable club its arse on a plate? We just have to make sure we continue to so.

Back to the point, the reps don't deserve to be another casualty of them cheating c u next Tuesdays.
The Glasgow 2 have dragged us back centuries already with their 1690 pish and the rest, lets move on , don't let them drag us back again, its getting truly boring.
I'm not sure what costs would be attributed to Hibs if the SFA held an investigation. I don't think anyone wants Cups or Titles awarded elsewhere, they simply want them expunged from the Huns record. To do nothing is to condone years of cheating. Imagine if it was Hibs in this position; Do you really think the SFA would hold off hammering us?

Aye, the fans reps should bolt.

Stanton Spence

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
I'm not sure what costs would be attributed to Hibs if the SFA held an investigation. I don't think anyone wants Cups or Titles awarded elsewhere, they simply want them expunged from the Huns record. To do nothing is to condone years of cheating. Imagine if it was Hibs in this position; Do you really think the SFA would hold off hammering us?

Aye, the fans reps should bolt.
This

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
My own view is that appointing them was never more than a meaningless PR exercise in the first place, but their position now is untenable. I don't much care what their excuse for it is; the fans are clear about their views, and they voted to the contrary.

They've got to go.

bigmanandy

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Yes, how can the club push for fairer thing in future when we all no other clubs will vote any changes down anyway, farce.

Robert Barone

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
The whole position is more or less a waste of time..it's been proved time and again they are only there to represent the Boards plans after the fact and not to represent the views of the fans to the Board.

Time to end this farce. As Sam says I'd be considering my position as they've been set up nicely by the Board to take a lot of the heat.

Nobody was naive enough to think we'd have any real power at Board level but what we've got is worse than nothing imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Desperate Dan

Scottish no british, ya radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Yes, they've just become what the rest of the board already were, Petrie's stooges.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
They knew how the fans felt about this and decided to sell us out. They sided with the board, NOT the fans. Now a big IF here. If they didn't know how the fans felt, they did feck all to find out. So they are either both extremely incompetent, or a couple of stooges for the board. Either way they should both piss off.

Hibs v Motherwell