Serious question (1 Viewer)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alberta Hibee

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
something has gone wrong somewhere along the line, is it Lennon depression kicking in again?? Or is he just totally and utterly pissed of with the whole sectarian/bigoted issue again..
Thinking ahead to the Christmas break he could walk then.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MSG_07

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
something has gone wrong somewhere along the line, is it Lennon depression kicking in again?? Or is he just totally and utterly pissed of with the whole sectarian/bigoted issue again..
Thinking ahead to the Christmas break he could walk then.
I think he realises we're in a pickle and the quality of personnel is not what it should be for various reasons. I can see a similar situation to John Collins unfolding where he'll have certain players in mind and we won't be able finance the deals.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

westsidehibs

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
TH, given that there would appear to be no obvious candidates with Hibs connections to replace him, who do you think would replace him?

And who do you think should replace him?

Steve Clarke of Killie would be good! But would he come to Hibs?
When was the last time we payed compo for a manager

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

jock3

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
he looked out of it in the dugout today

the powercuts are more entertaining than the football!

at least we are stringing a few passes together in the second half...….

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

westsidehibs

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Bobby? McLeish?

Was Fenlon managing someone when we got him?
I would rather see the board backing Lennon more in the January market as imho we never recruited well enough in the summer.
Lennon doesn't just become a bad manager we should stick with him .

Reactions: bigmanandy
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SirGraysheid

Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Stubbs built a team with a feel good spirit. Lennon tried to instill a bit of grit to team. But his transfer dealings have been baffling. Last season he gave Sir David & Fonts new contracts only to then signed Whitty & Efe. Then in Jan gambled on changing our forward line...which worked.

This Summer we failed to strengthen. Then when the season starts and it becomes clear due to injuries we need another forward. We instead bring in a fullback and midfielder.

I'd say give Lennon the Jan window to sort out this mess. Unfortunately I fear where we will be out the race for Europe by 1st Jan☹

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Looking at it, I think the problem isn't as bad as all that.

Only Celtic and 'Rangers' (first and second, assuming they take points from their two games in hand) have scored more than us this season, despite the fundamentally poor run that we're currently on. We're on an average of 1.6 a game, which essentially means that we'll pretty much score twice in one of every three games. In a competitive system, this is performing well.

The problem is that we're running at an average of losing more than a goal a game. Again, using the average, we're shipping two once in every five games. Personally, I think this is what's frustrating Lennon and I think he's struggling to come up with a defensive solution to the issue that doesn't mess up our average of two goals every three games. The injuries are exasperating this problem, and I think the bigotry he's been treated with has seriously tested his desire to stay here.

Amusingly, if we just applied these statistics and then awarded the points... Our season would see us earn 54 points over the season.

That's ultimately an average of 5th over the last five years having been 5th and 6th twice, and 3rd once.

It's amusing that this extremely short and generally meaningless analysis is in and around where we are when you look at our positions over the last two decades worth of our attempts in the Premier league. If we average out all of our last twenty performances in the Premier League/Premiership, then our average position is... Between 6th and 7th.

Given what we're spending, and what we've generally been spending given the size of our stadium and support, the reality is that we are effectively an under-performing club. We've the size of stadium and support to consistently be competing for 3rd, as we did last year, but we do it with frustrating rarity. We are typically amongst the higher spenders also, yet despite this size and personnel who walk through the gates we managed to spend four years out of the top league during the last twenty years, having been relegated twice.

The remarkable win of two major honours during that time is likely what continues to keep us of the belief that we should be doing much better.

But if you want to compare it to our major competitors, Hearts, it's little wonder why they're simply considering themselves bigger and better than we are. They're ahead of us, no doubt, but not by as much as they like to suggest. Not only are they merely one ahead in their last twenty Premier League/Premiership major honours, their average position in the league is between fifth and sixth. In short, their "advantage" over us is small and in line with their increased expenditure toward their football teams. Even in the last twenty Premier Leagues where we competed with each other, they're only winning 12-8 (60% to 40%) and Hibs have been the better side over the last decade.

And as for what's causing this issue?

Answers on a postcard, please...

Last edited:
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Canon Hannan

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Lenny got it badly wrong today and it’s a bad period but it wasn’t that long ago we beat Hamilton 6 nil and he was the best manager since Turnbull. Let’s get through December and see who we can bring in in January. Worked well last Jan and he doesn’t become a bad manager overnight so we need to keep backing him or he will fuck off and we will regret it!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
That initial line up baffled us all.
I'd really like to understand what Lennon was trying to achieve with it - I don't play computer footie games so I'm not the brightest when it comes to tactics. Tictacs are more my area of expertise.
It was somewhat ironic that we had about half a dozen centre backs playing, yet Daz seemed to have to cover for the whole feckin lot of them.
The defence was horrible. I don't know why Daz was hooked, and I don't know why Lewis didn't start.
It would be nice if Lennon or Parker explained some of this to the hard of thinking like me.

And here's another thing...…………….. how is it Wee Stevie Mallan (god how I fuckin hate that chant) can ping a ball with such accuracy into the net from 20 or twenty five yards, but can't hit a pass half that fuckin distance?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
several non hibs fans and Killie fans saying they were shocked by the starting line-up.
As i text to another Bouncer did Lenny forget his meds?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
I'd really like to understand what Lennon was trying to achieve with it - I don't play computer footie games so I'm not the brightest when it comes to tactics. Tictacs are more my area of expertise.
It was somewhat ironic that we had about half a dozen centre backs playing, yet Daz seemed to have to cover for the whole feckin lot of them.
The defence was horrible. I don't know why Daz was hooked, and I don't know why Lewis didn't start.
It would be nice if Lennon or Parker explained some of this to the hard of thinking like me.

And here's another thing...…………….. how is it Wee Stevie Mallan (god how I fuckin hate that chant) can ping a ball with such accuracy into the net from 20 or twenty five yards, but can't hit a pass half that fuckin distance?

He's no that wee right.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel
HELP US BY CLICKING THE ADS