Senior Moment,help me find that club.

moathibby

Bounce Radge
I'm on a site on Facebook about Edinburgh past and present,and I said there was a club in King's Stables Road which I cannot remember the name of mainly because I never went there.Now I had a look at Google View and cannot find it.Maybe it's been demolished?It was set back off the road near to where the steps went up to the old DHSS office at the bottom of Johnstone Terrace.If anyone knows where I mean and could name it I'd be grateful.

Desperate Dan

Scottish no british, ya radge
Bounce Radge
I'm on a site on Facebook about Edinburgh past and present,and I said there was a club in King's Stables Road which I cannot remember the name of mainly because I never went there.Now I had a look at Google View and cannot find it.Maybe it's been demolished?It was set back off the road near to where the steps went up to the old DHSS office at the bottom of Johnstone Terrace.If anyone knows where I mean and could name it I'd be grateful.
I ken the yin yer talking aboot had a few names all of which I cannae remember probably because I was in it quite a lot :grinning-smiley-045: Jaffa cake was one of the names, Stereo was another

Cabbageman

Bounce Radge
Aye Silk was down there, used to go there when I was at uni. It shut down in 2018 to facilitate yet more student halls

Jack

Bounce Radge
Also Jaffacake, Gaia and Stereo and I think a couple of other names although they might have been local names if you know what I mean!!!

Radio Forth did under 18 discos there a few times in the late noughties??? I went there a few times

... to pick up my kids in Dads Taxi.

Sempre verde 07

Bounce Radge
Electric circus.

Desperate Dan

Scottish no british, ya radge
Bounce Radge
I'm sure it was in Kings Stable Road about 30 years ago.
I seem to remember it was 80p a drink on a Sunday night and one night the bouncers and the polis got done in by the Hibs Boys.
I had a look at that and it seems you are correct with that as was the poster above, I just dinnae remember it as that.

Sempre verde 07

Bounce Radge
I'm sure it was in Kings Stable Road about 30 years ago.
I seem to remember it was 80p a drink on a Sunday night and one night the bouncers and the polis got done in by the Hibs Boys.
It was electric circus in late 80s. Then changed to dillingers.anyone remember the hootchie cootchie club?

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
In a similar vein, did anyone (probably refers only to a few Bouncers) frequent the Gamp Club? The Place was opposite in Victoria Street, but I preferred the Gamp.

moathibby

Bounce Radge
It was electric circus in late 80s. Then changed to dillingers.anyone remember the hootchie cootchie club?
Yes the Hooch was my regular haunt once I got past Clouds then the Nite Club then the Danceteria in Valentinos for Punks who were moving into Post Punk and New Romantic,Rockabilly,Sillybilly and early Hip Hop.If you read the Face and I-D mag,you went to the Hooch.

Sempre verde 07

Bounce Radge
Yes the Hooch was my regular haunt once I got past Clouds then the Nite Club then the Danceteria in Valentinos for Punks who were moving into Post Punk and New Romantic,Rockabilly,Sillybilly and early Hip Hop.If you read the Face and I-D mag,you went to the Hooch.
Those were the days.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£40.00
This donation drive ends in

The Bounce is 19 Years Old