• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Send out the Assistant...

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
I think it is unfair how a fair number of posters are rounding on @ The Family.Its all about opinions. I agree with many of the concerns he has raised.I think people are kidding themselves if they think Hecky is the man to sort out this mess.I think it is too big a job for him.If this allowed to continue for any length of time it will be to late to repair the damage. You can feel the atmosphere at the game yesterday.He is only ever going to be one game away from a crisis.The majority of the fans don’t want him.
Thanks mate, people making out I am always on here bashing Heckingbottom but if they had actually read my main post I said I liked Heckingbottom, he was saying the right things, I heard good things about him within the club also which @1875 confirmed.

My opinion of them now has changed but I hope they prove me wrong as I only want the best for our club.

Jello Biafra

Johnny Cash Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Thanks mate, people making out I am always on here bashing Heckingbottom but if they had actually read my main post I said I liked Heckingbottom, he was saying the right things, I heard good things about him within the club also which @1875 confirmed.

My opinion of them now has changed but I hope they prove me wrong as I only want the best for our club.
I'm with you here, TF. Unfortunately there would appear to be rather a lot of intolerant happyclappers on this site who appear to perceive any form of constructive criticism of the management/chairman/owner/directors/players as some form of Hibby heresy. Even though it is palpably obvious to anyone (I would have thought) that the criticism is derived from a heartfelt desire to see the club do the best it can.

We all want RG to bring good times to Easter Road. But some of us are suspicious of him and his motives. There is nothing wrong with that.

We all accept that LD has done a good job at Easter Road. But some of us are suspicious of her long-term ambitions and whether we are just a stepping stone. There is nothing wrong with such concern.

We all accept that PH did well during his league start with the club last season. But we have not made a great start to this season, struggling against Stirling Albion, being hammered and humiliated at Ibrox, and failing to dispose of Championship Morton inside 90 minutes on Saturday. And some of us are worried that this is a portent of what is to come. Such concern is only natural.

We all want the new signings to be successes at Easter Road. But some of them have not taken to Scottish football like ducks to water. And some of us are, understandably, concerned that some of them are not of a sufficiently high standard to cope with the level they are now expected to compete at. Given the sub-standard signings policy of, for example, Jim Duffy; which led to relegation that season, it is surely not unreasonable that those of us who have been watching Hibs for decades have concerns?

Anyway, we're all Hibbies.

But that's about the only thing we agree with!

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Happyclappers and Uberfans are .net terms.

And I'm the resident bedwetter.

Jello Biafra

Johnny Cash Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce

Surely, good Dr, your nocturnal enuresis does not emanate from your existential concern about the fortunes of Hibernian Football Club, but, rather, is attributed to the fact that your 112 years old?

I mean I'm 48 in a few weeks and I've been on medication for bladder instability for four years now!

None of us are getting any younger!

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor

We’d be better calling each other F•[kwits and everyone can guess which type they are...

HenryLB

Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I understand what you're saying but for me it's not about not being the worst its about not being the best or even amongst the best.
I also think it's about performances rather simply the team itself I think this team can and should perform much better than it is and that is all down to the manager.
I'm ust responding to the specific thing about this being he worst Hibs team the guy has seen. I mean, his opinion is up to him - and is the team underperforming? Yes - but I think that's pretty unlikely given the spells of rubbish we've had before.

I suppose that is the risk, we may get someone in who is as incapable of getting the team to perform as Hecky is.
You note it is unlikely that he will come good therefore, if that is the case, we are just reinforcing failure by not getting rid of him now and wasting time on a fools errand. If we get the right person in who can pick the right team and get them playing with purpose, passion and some style, we can avoid further poor performances, start picking up points (because I am convinced that we will not do that in any great measure under Hecky) and stop the rot including disaffecting the fans. And the new bod can start preparing for the January window.
I have never previously been in favour of getting rid early, but I have seen it too many times and do not want to see another lost year while we decide what is to be done about an underperforming and failing team.
Personally I think that's a dangerous precedent to set because you can get into a spiral of appointing a new manager every eight months. The temptation is to think anyone could be better but there's just as good a chance you get another dud, or someone even worse.

And I do think it's unlikely that PHB will be a success, but I also think there's still a chance he will, that his overall record isn't that bad, that he hasn't had that long with 'his' team, and that getting a new manager now or in 8 games won't make a massive difference, other than to signal a sort of panic. But I can very much understand your feelings, believe me.

Sheldrake07

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I'm ust responding to the specific thing about this being he worst Hibs team the guy has seen. I mean, his opinion is up to him - and is the team underperforming? Yes - but I think that's pretty unlikely given the spells of rubbish we've had before.

Personally I think that's a dangerous precedent to set because you can get into a spiral of appointing a new manager every eight months. The temptation is to think anyone could be better but there's just as good a chance you get another dud, or someone even worse.

And I do think it's unlikely that PHB will be a success, but I also think there's still a chance he will, that his overall record isn't that bad, that he hasn't had that long with 'his' team, and that getting a new manager now or in 8 games won't make a massive difference, other than to signal a sort of panic. But I can very much understand your feelings, believe me.
Agree with everything you say to a point and that is why I am so glad I don't actually have to make the decisions. For me it is just an absolute frustration that here we are back with an underperforming team and an apparently inept manager and every time we seem to give them time but ultimately end up mutualling them anyway and rebuilding again. I would speed up that middle bit.
We are in a pickle whatever way you look at it!

Hamilton v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel