• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Season tickets onsale

That is totally my feeling too K.

Folk dying and its can we get your money, why no cut some staff on furlong or summit or take a 20% cut or whatever.

Sick o being taken for granted imo, all this we are all hibs is gash, we are a business pure and simple. To make money.

I bet any big screens etc will be full of adverts.

Scottish Fitba is IMHO burying its head in the sand. There's not going to be football anytime soon.

And... To announce early bird deadlines in the current environment. And losing your seat in June... IMAGINE just for a second an announcement that said "Your seat is Yours at Your club". That the club guaranteed to keep your seat until whenever next season starts if you paid say a minimum 25% deposit by June. FFS in these UNPRECEDENTED times be creative. Be innovative.

I’m just a thick Hibby.
If I can manage, I’ll pay up for mine and my two lads.
If we three are sitting there next time round, it’ll be a blessing. If less than three, then I trust no *&*^ will be in my seat.

I’m just a thick Hibby.
If I can manage, I’ll pay up for mine and my two lads.
If we three are sitting there next time round, it’ll be a blessing. If less than three, then I trust no *&*^ will be in my seat.
It's a lurv thang obvs

Wasn't planning on renewing but all this shit going on just now has made me think i will. I love Hibs.

Its a bit of a mess to be honest

I'm now on the fence

Another thing that crossed my mind was that there might not be football as soon as they/we think. Or at least it might be a scenario I mentioned a few days ago where we might not be in a position to restart the leagues until next year.

I'd still pay up for my season ticket for fear that if not enough did there would be no Hibs to come back to.

Yes I agree with everyone discussing overpaid footballers.

Renewed, had to be done

If we don’t have a start date for the new season by May we should put the June deadline date back a month and keep doing that if the expected date isn’t released by the next month. I personally cannae see us being ready for fitba by August And think 1 or 2 clubs might no survive this.

If we don’t have a start date for the new season by May we should put the June deadline date back a month and keep doing that if the expected date isn’t released by the next month. I personally cannae see us being ready for fitba by August And think 1 or 2 clubs might no survive this.

There should have been no renewal deadlines in these unprecedented times.

I think it's a funny position to take to say that supporters not knowing if they're getting paid means club staff should be made to feel the fear too.

The club aren't holding anyone by their ankles and shaking all the pennies out their pockets. People who want to renew now, regardless of the circumstances, can. People who don't, or can't, don't have to. I don't see the insult here.

If season 2020/2021 does not start in either August or at the very worst September then my prediction is that at least half of our senior clubs in Scotland will be out of business. Hibs, amongst many others, will face a massive struggle for survival in that scenario. This is why Hibs have launched the season ticket campaign now, though I agree it is not the best time to be doing that for a whole host of reasons. No gate money coming in for 6 months, no sponsorship, hospitality, TV money etc is going to be devastating enough, but if we do not get the new season started at the usual time in August then it's going to be the end for many of our clubs i'm afraid. That is the stark reality of what we are facing from a football perspective in Scotland....and I am fully aware that all of that pails into insignificance compared to the horrendous loss of life we are seeing on a daily basis in this Covid-19 humanitarian disaster.
What has to be remembered as well is that for football to re-start in August, players will need to be back doing pre-season training around the end of June and into early July...that's if we scrap the League Cup which I now think is a distinct possibility. The virus could still be at it's peak then.
UEFA despite what they might say about looking after every club and every Association, care only for the big countries and the big clubs and their jewel in the crown which is the Champions League. They will protect and prioritise that football greed-fest at all costs.
Ron Gordon's message a couple of days ago set it out in the starkest possible terms. We are going to see severe cuts very shortly. This is the new reality.

Last edited:
Sounds like our club is needing our help....

: Hibs stars hold crisis talks with Easter Road chiefs to save club from financial crisis
EXCLUSIVE
  • Robert Grieve
  • 28 Mar 2020, 20:00
HIBS players have held crisis talks with Easter Road chiefs in a bid to save the club from financial ruin.
SunSport can reveal the Hibees today started negotiations with Jack Ross and his first-team squad on the possibility of wage deferrals.

The Hibs players and staff took part in a conference call today
Worried Hibs owner Ron Gordon revealed last week how the global coronavirus pandemic was certain to hit the Edinburgh club hard.
Now top team boss Ross, his coaching staff and players have taken part in a conference call which was organised to explain the full extent of the situation.
As yet, no firm plan has been thrashed out with further talks expected in the next 48 hours.
But unlike the way rivals Hearts have dealt with their financial problems, Hibs do NOT want their players to accept wage cuts.

Hibs boss Jack Ross is happy to help the club
The discussions centered around having their monthly payments put on hold until the Premiership season resumes.
It’s understood Ross and his squad are happy with the way the situation has been handled until now and are prepared to help the club.
Further talks are expected to take place next week in the hope of reaching an agreement which will avoid redundancies at the club."

We are not immune from this

Tough times ahead for ALL

I imagine lots of supporters need help too , who helps who ??

The Scottish leagues just seem to be following what England is doing, it now looks that English football is talking of finishing theres behind closed doors, that would be utterly useless in Scottish football as revenues would be lost from not having a crowd inside our stadiums, this season should be finished now so we can try and move on.

Juventus have agreed with their playing and coaching staff a 4 month wage cut which they estimate will save them around €90 million.

The Scottish leagues just seem to be following what England is doing, it now looks that English football is talking of finishing theres behind closed doors, that would be utterly useless in Scottish football as revenues would be lost from not having a crowd inside our stadiums, this season should be finished now so we can try and move on.
Even if the all clear was given to start the league again, the players have been in quarantine for what? The last 2-3 weeks? They would probably need about 4 weeks minimum to get back up speed for playing matches.

great effort in just a couple of days

Football hasnt yet woken up to the fact that its their supporters who are some of the main carriers of this deadly disease as they fall in the very high age risk carrier group aged 30-50.

They aren't going to die as people of that age rarely do but they are virus carriers and they will infect others they come in contact with especially due to the football nature of crowding together and traveling together and gathering together.

There is enough evidence from the Far East where rigourous testing is applied en masse to the population that it was close knit religious festivals that led to an explosion in positive cases called clusters.

Valencia v Atalanta, Liverpool v Athletico Madrid are being described as "biological bombshells" as is Cheltenham in England and the Steryophonyics concert in Wales.

Football (with crowds) is therefore going to be the very last on the list to restart when it comes to Public Health matters.

Back home I am very glad our players and the club are discussing wage deferrement as that's some positive progress.

However Hibs are a hugely cash rich club so a wage defferrement is irrelevant as Hibs can more than easily manage the short term.

Either the players or more likely the club have to face the fact that football is a very long way from restarting and only a wage cut from our £200,000 and £150,000 a year lads is going to help balance the books on a longer term basis.

Like thousands of others they aren't working and won't be for a very long time so a wage cut and not a wage deferment is the only thing that would make me part with any season ticket money.

Last edited:
Gonna renew in the next couple of days.
Always take the payment plan option over the lump sum so won’t be shelling out full whack when we have no idea when football restarts and whether these Gorgie pigs get what they deserve.

Pleased to read there are negotiations ongoing with players as they should be encouraged to tighten their belts like most of the population. They can’t expect full pay when sitting at home and unable to work.

What would be your estimate as to when competitive football would be up and running again Sam ?
It does seem rather cynical in my eyes that Hibs have launched season tickets sales going on about football being back at Easter Road next season when we have absolutely no idea when the season will start, if it will start, and what form the league will take ? I reckon we could be losing quite a number of clubs in the very near future.
It does seem to me that the ST campaign is all about just getting money in the keep the club going over the next few months, but as I said yesterday if we don;t start the new campaign in August then the future of the game in Scotland is in very serious doubt.

What would be your estimate as to when competitive football would be up and running again Sam ?
It does seem rather cynical in my eyes that Hibs have launched season tickets sales going on about football being back at Easter Road next season when we have absolutely no idea when the season will start, if it will start, and what form the league will take ? I reckon we could be losing quite a number of clubs in the very near future.
It does seem to me that the ST campaign is all about just getting money in the keep the club going over the next few months, but as I said yesterday if we don;t start the new campaign in August then the future of the game in Scotland is in very serious doubt.

I can see where Hibs are coming from cynical as it may be and its a freedom of choice thing and no one is getting their arm twisted so fair enough getting some money in from those who want to contribute.

But I really cant see how August can happen for a football restart on current evidence.

This "lockdown" will be tightened and extended and buys time until end April early May but then how do you stop an explosion of cases all over again.

There needs to be an exit strategy so I could see more mini-lockdowns throughout the year as you again buy time for more and more mass testing to take place and it actually will help as more healthy young people get infected (herd arguments so they are immune).

However football ( with live spectators) just always remains at the back of the queue as its a mass spectator sport which is the worst possible scenario for virus control.

Football should be thinking of playing behind closed doors on a pay per view basis that gets the cash flow going and has big social benefits for what will increasingly be an angry locked down population so this might get political support but that's still a huge ask in an emergency situation.

I could possibly see a limited version of that happening by August but not the live spectator version until much later in the year if indeed that.

Last edited:
I have my eyes on September

Its a write off until then

Even socially

Thanks Sam. Interesting suggestion about pay-per-view closed doors games in August. Could be a goer. Only thing is Hibs have just announced over 1000 season ticket sales in two days. Tickets bought by people who presumably fully expect to see Hibs playing at Easter Road starting from August. To be honest, Hibs would in this situation have been better off just asking for an emergency cash donation to see the club through a very difficult time..
It's good to see the players have agreed to wage deferment to help the club. I do think eventually though they are going to have to also agree to salary cuts.

There’s no “emergency” at Hibs as there is a sizeable bank balance. They don’t want to lose that hence season tickets going on sale before anyone knows what’s what with football for the foreseeable.

Update: Just checked and cash at bank figure reported last month was £5.5m. That’s not all available cash to blow obviously but far from urgent we raise cash from ST sales ja?

Logical argument is probably wasted on me.
I’ll renew anyway.
It’s what I do, stupid/thoughtless/Uber fan/ other label.

Hope it works out.

Oh aye. “Deluded” forgot that one.

There’s no “emergency” at Hibs as there is a sizeable bank balance. They don’t want to lose that hence season tickets going on sale before anyone knows what’s what with football for the foreseeable.

Update: Just checked and cash at bank figure reported last month was £5.5m. That’s not all available cash to blow obviously but far from urgent we raise cash from ST sales ja?

So we blow that 5.5 million on hee haw?

That could be used for the ground, players and the training centre

Asking fans to renew is the most logical way to go imo

Well done to the 1000

Think I will probably renew. Even if we see no football its probably better value for money than the season ticket I bought under calderwood.

Just had a look and I want to buy my sons first season ticket. I wanna move back to the FF lower but there will be 3 adults,1 senior and 1 child. I will be buying 1 adult and the child one on the payment plan. Is there any way we can all move to the lower FF on renewals as the others wont have a kids ticket in their basket? @Power

Last edited:
Thanks Sam. Interesting suggestion about pay-per-view closed doors games in August. Could be a goer. Only thing is Hibs have just announced over 1000 season ticket sales in two days. Tickets bought by people who presumably fully expect to see Hibs playing at Easter Road starting from August. To be honest, Hibs would in this situation have been better off just asking for an emergency cash donation to see the club through a very difficult time..
It's good to see the players have agreed to wage deferment to help the club. I do think eventually though they are going to have to also agree to salary cuts.
I dont think many of us who've renewed fully expect the season to start in august but I've done it anyway

The £5.5 was what we had in July last year,we’ll have have used at least half that by now wi signing players,bills,firing and hiring new management.
Our wage bill was £6.3m.
We’d have made a loss if it wasnae for SJM cash which is a wee bit scary considering we played 3 rounds in the UEFA cup...

So we blow that 5.5 million on hee haw?

That could be used for the ground, players and the training centre

Asking fans to renew is the most logical way to go imo

Well done to the 1000

why you asking me that question?
My post has only facts and no opinion so dunno why you have leapt to the conclusion that I say we spend the war chest.

Weird.

The £5.5 was what we had in July last year,we’ll have have used at least half that by now wi signing players,bills,firing and hiring new management.
Our wage bill was £6.3m.
We’d have made a loss if it wasnae for SJM cash which is a wee bit scary considering we played 3 rounds in the UEFA cup...

No danger we lost “at least” £2.75m in the space of 8 or 9 months. Did we not pocket Villa promotion money in that time as well?

No danger we lost “at least” £2.75m in the space of 8 or 9 months. Did we not pocket Villa promotion money in that time as well?
We did but if you look at the cash figure it’s only went up £1.3m even after SJM cash and Rons money...
We’ll no be totally skint but must be paying out a fair amount each month and nowt coming in.BCCE25CB-1E25-45D5-AC2D-923D3536D3B2.jpegC9644924-EDE4-40F5-95E3-E139592000B3.jpeg30A4AD3B-061A-4D17-9400-CC982236F265.jpeg

Think I will probably renew. Even if we see no football its probably better value for money than the season ticket I bought under calderwood.

Just had a look and I want to buy my sons first season ticket. I wanna move back to the FF lower but there will be 3 adults,1 senior and 1 child. I will be buying 1 adult and the child one on the payment plan. Is there any way we can all move to the lower FF on renewals as the others wont have a kids ticket in their basket? @Power

Great question but needs expert operational knowledge - Lynn or Sam are those guru’s - just fire that exact question off to tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk D.

There is a kid in the group so should be great from my understanding but will need a manual intervention from TO.

Can anyone tell me what the ST renewal deadline is? Are they thinking of perhaps extending it? ( @Power ?)

My finances are currently a bit uncertain like a couple of others in my group, but I do want to renew as I have a good job starting in September, and our group defo wants to stay together.

Can anyone tell me what the ST renewal deadline is? Are they thinking of perhaps extending it? ( @Power ?)

My finances are currently a bit uncertain like a couple of others in my group, but I do want to renew as I have a good job starting in September, and our group defo wants to stay together.
Think the early bird is June but the renewal deadlines no been mentioned I don’t think.

Important dates

Early bird deadline: Supporters can take advantage of early-bird discounts until 5pm, Friday 8 May.

Payment Plan deadline:
Supporters wishing to spread the cost of their season ticket can access the online payment plan up until 5pm, Friday 8 May.

Seat release deadline:
Existing season ticket holders have their seats reserved until 5 pm on Thursday 4 June.

After that date, all available unsold seats are released for general sale.

If you are an existing season ticket holder and would like to try and relocate your seat, please purchase your existing seat as normal and get in touch with the Ticket Office prior to the 4 June deadline via tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk advising if it is possible, where you would like to be moved to. When seat release comes off, we will freeze the seats for a few days and allow any possible existing season ticket holder relocations to take place.

This thread has been viewed 16762 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back