Season Tickets onsale (1 Viewer)

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
I think we miss a trick having student STs. I think it discriminates against low paid young people who are not in education and for whom £385 is prohibitive. Minimum wage at 16/17 is pants. Starter jobs pay peanuts.

I'd go with the system used by a few English clubs of an U23 ticket. Same price for all 18-23 year olds. Would stop some of the fraudulent purchase of student STs by those who are not FT students but may have a matric card. Would also prevent positive discrimination to a cohort who are generally going to go on and earn more anyway. However, where that step is, is the big question.

A leap from 135 to 385 was the previous student to adult leap. That's something I've witnessed put young people's support in jeopardy. Many students do work. My boys both did/do and, indeed, so did I. I had no choice my parents couldn't afford it. Children don't have access to their own incomes so they are different. I do think the Student/u23 ticket should be dearer than school kids tickets. Its how much is the issue.
I'm affected by the rise too because I'm making the personal choice to subsidise my daftie student's football costs. But 135 was very good value, no matter what way you look at it. Clearly it was nearly 100 quid less than our direct competition.

I'm paying £965 for 3 STs for me, an adult offspring and a student offspring. With the payment plan, my cost will go up about a fiver a month. If I couldn't afford it I would review that with regards to the offspring paying more.
@traceyhibs I'm assuming some form of review of prices was done? If there's empirical evidence to back up the decision it would be appreciated if it was shared with fans. I'd also be interested in the club considering the U23 scheme instead of a student ticket. It would be far fairer on a demographic that maybe don't have the fall back of the Bank of Mum and Dad. I've nothing to gain from it, I just think it's fairer.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Looked into that it’s not clear if they’re doing a payment plan for students only coming up as adult ones. Maybe a call to the ticket office is needed, joy!
Always paid my kids Student STs on payment plan but you need to go in. There's a disclaimer to be signed in lieu of matriculation card for the new academic year

Reactions: Callumnapier
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

madhibee

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
@traceyhibs I'm assuming some form of review of prices was done? If there's empirical evidence to back up the decision it would be appreciated if it was shared with fans. I'd also be interested in the club considering the U23 scheme instead of a student ticket. It would be far fairer on a demographic that maybe don't have the fall back of the Bank of Mum and Dad. I've nothing to gain from it, I just think it's fairer.
Think the U23 ticket would be an interesting avenue for the club to go down as it would help with the transition from child ticket to adult ticket which, as has been mentioned is a big jump. Do Modern Apprentices etc. qualify for a student ticket?

Reactions: SKII and traceyhibs
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Think the U23 ticket would be an interesting avenue for the club to go down as it would help with the transition from child ticket to adult ticket which, as has been mentioned is a big jump. Do Modern Apprentices etc. qualify for a student ticket?
You need to be in full time education.
I think it's not social justice the Student ST. I think an U23 ticket would be.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
Maybe the club have been number crunching, realised how many prime seats are earning student price and figured out for every two students they lose they only need to sell one adult season ticket and the other seat can generate income through walk ups. Similar to what they are doing in ff lower. Therefore putting the price up gives the student the option to keep their seat at a reduced price and generate cash for the club. Most students have plenty disposable cash at least the ones I see swanning about bruntsfield/ marchmont appear to
Cannae beat a generalisation eh?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel
HELP US BY CLICKING THE ADS