Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
Were student season tickets £135 in west / east stand last season? Think I read that right, seems a bit cheap for 19 games if so.

Always thought they were about half the price of standard tickets, appreciate its a hit if you are paying for a few.
Why is it cheap. 99 times out of 100 parents pay, not the students and 100% if its over 12s.

Hi,

Will find out re the age split as don’t know that answer. Let me get my info from when we discussed Season Tickets and will give you the reasons behind the increases. Will pop back on in the morning and respond.

Thanks

Tracey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Tracey.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Were student season tickets £135 in west / east stand last season? Think I read that right, seems a bit cheap for 19 games if so.

Always thought they were about half the price of standard tickets, appreciate its a hit if you are paying for a few.
They were and, yes, good value.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
They were and, yes, good value.
Lets be honest, parents pay, to increase them just means parents pay more. I have to say this good value/ bargain arguement has me thinking of not renewing at all. The percentage price increase is ridiculous.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
7 quid a game, surprised at that, when was last increase in student prices?
The season before, and the season before that they increased the price for school kids aged between 12 and 18.

I expect next years season tickets to go down below 10000, serves them right. 30% increases on any ticket are unacceptable.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
7 quid a game, surprised at that, when was last increase in student prices?
Was £110 2 years ago and frozen the year before that. Not sure any further back ( can't recall).

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
They should increase the prices based on inflation, not some random number. Are the working class suddenly making extra money from 12 months ago? Slim chance, most barely get a pay rise at all. Where’s the good faith in the fans that endured SPL season ticket prices while watching championship football for three years.

The club are so out of touch it’s not real. Could have saved themselves a shit ton of money by properly investing in the squad and building on our forth place finish and enjoyable trips in Europe. Could have been looking at 15,000 season tickets instead of 11,000. About a 1.5 million drop in revenue potentially

Reactions: Jamie and WJC1848
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
They should increase the prices based on inflation, not some random number. Are the working class suddenly making extra money from 12 months ago? Slim chance, most barely get a pay rise at all. Where’s the good faith in the fans that endured SPL season ticket prices while watching championship football for three years.

The club are so out of touch it’s not real. Could have saved themselves a shit ton of money by properly investing in the squad and building on our forth place finish and enjoyable trips in Europe. Could have been looking at 15,000 season tickets instead of 11,000. About a 1.5 million drop in revenue potentially
Spot on.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

madhibee

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see take up of 2-11s as they get older because I would suspect that subsidizing £25 tickets, only to price them out of going as they get older wouldn’t seem to be an effective marketing strategy?
It’s a substantial jump. I ended up moving to the East from the FF this season I was told 3 adults to 1 child wasn’t going to be in the spirit of the family section, jumped before I was pushed so to say. That meant my sons ticket jumped from £25 to £75, and now to £85 next season. In percentage terms, and considering he’s 4 so will miss all the night games and likely a few others is massive, that’s a massive increase. Fortunately as it’s monthly it doesn’t bother me and I still see it as good value, but you can see why the jump from £25 tickets to over £100 could people off - especially with more than one child.

The student increase seems mental (a) as parents will be paying and (b) if they’re not it’ll be students coming here to study and looking for a football fix. We won’t be there first team so the higher the price the less likely they are to come along. How does our student price compare to them across the road?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

stairways_second_coming

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
It’s a substantial jump. I ended up moving to the East from the FF this season I was told 3 adults to 1 child wasn’t going to be in the spirit of the family section, jumped before I was pushed so to say. That meant my sons ticket jumped from £25 to £75, and now to £85 next season. In percentage terms, and considering he’s 4 so will miss all the night games and likely a few others is massive, that’s a massive increase. Fortunately as it’s monthly it doesn’t bother me and I still see it as good value, but you can see why the jump from £25 tickets to over £100 could people off - especially with more than one child.

The student increase seems mental (a) as parents will be paying and (b) if they’re not it’ll be students coming here to study and looking for a football fix. We won’t be there first team so the higher the price the less likely they are to come along. How does our student price compare to them across the road?
There's is tiered depending on seats position students start at 215 then 220, 255 and 325 for best seats.

Attachments

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Reaction score
There's is tiered depending on seats position students start at 215 then 220, 255 and 325 for best seats.
They charged that last season too,Hibs charged £135 so looks like Hibs have decided to play catch up with them, Aberdeen and Celtic price wise....

No so good if you’re in @1875 postition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Reaction score
Surprised my season ticket is costing the same, would have been ok with a £20/£30 increase...think it's been the same for a few years now?

The student ticket complaint is a difficult one. Totally get that alot of the time parents pay, but it's maybe under valued in the first instance? The youth ticket has increased by £10 I think, which is also not too deadly.

Odd the club have decided to target a significant % increase on a ticket for students, but no one else. Spreading the % increase over the entire range of tickets might have been more palatable?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Power

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Difficult one to balance.

Using the other stands and Early bird prices;

£20 per game for an Adult
£10 per game for a senior
£10 per game for a student
£7.50 per game for a youth
£4.50 per game for a child

Sounds like a good deal in isolation but Hibs need reminded of the effects of sharp increases overall in any of those categories (one to be mindful and at the forefront of plans for 20/21).

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Reaction score
I wonder if the club have a 'number' they try and achieve and saw that the most undervalued section was student tickets? Factoring in an expected reduction in sales the increase on that ticket might offset the smaller take up?

It's too late now, but an overall increase of £10 on standard tickets would have covered the offset just easily as a the significant jump to students.

I think anyone in higher education from s1 thu to university should be charged the same...£140 is maybe too low, but £185 maybe too high.

I do mind a few on here complaining about students getting in too cheap a few years back though..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Callumnapier

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I am a student and can not justify the 60 pound increase, which is a shame

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Reaction score
I am a student and can not justify the 60 pound increase, which is a shame
That’s a shame,could you not do payment plan?
Works out at £17.70 a month i think

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

derek.duval

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Maybe the club have been number crunching, realised how many prime seats are earning student price and figured out for every two students they lose they only need to sell one adult season ticket and the other seat can generate income through walk ups. Similar to what they are doing in ff lower. Therefore putting the price up gives the student the option to keep their seat at a reduced price and generate cash for the club. Most students have plenty disposable cash at least the ones I see swanning about bruntsfield/ marchmont appear to

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SlovSam

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.noteamgb.com
Difficult one to balance.

Using the other stands and Early bird prices;

£20 per game for an Adult
£10 per game for a senior
£10 per game for a student
£7.50 per game for a youth
£4.50 per game for a child

Sounds like a good deal in isolation but Hibs need reminded of the effects of sharp increases overall in any of those categories (one to be mindful and at the forefront of plans for 20/21).
Its the age old classic mistake that football fans and football administrators continually make as they really do think if you reduce prices substantially in a particular area (students) then more people will come along..... am I boring anyone yet.?

Somebody somewhere along the line said ' Oh there are all these students in Edinburgh so lets make it £6 a game and we can fill empty seats in the Famous Five' failing to understand as per usual that its expectation, ambition and being treated fairly that motivate supporters to buy season tickets and that price isn't really that much of a factor.

Therefore in the case of students (or parents) then they have every right to complain about the singular price hike even if it just brings the price up to what looks like more realistic values of £10 per game.

I am surprised that there has been no price increase for your bog standard Adult season ticket but the calculation must be that Hibs need to hold onto as many of 'Cup Final' one offs as they can.

Brave try by Hibs but they are offski and its just a matter of how many the fall off will be but overall apart from students Hibs do seem to have marketed the prices quite well across the board.

Just as a bit of historical perspective a season ticket in the West Stand in 2013/2014 was £405 and now after a cup final win, 3 season in the Championship and two seasons back in the SPL a season ticket for 2019/2020 is now £385 and you can make of that what you will as every theory works.

Last edited:
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rocky

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Its the age old classic mistake that football fans and football administrators continually make as they really do think if you reduce prices substantially in a particular area (students) then more people will come along..... am I boring anyone yet.?

Somebody somewhere along the line said ' Oh there are all these students in Edinburgh so lets make it £6 a game and we can fill empty seats in the Famous Five' failing to understand as per usual that its expectation, ambition and being treated fairly that motivate supporters to buy season tickets and that price isn't really that much of a factor.

Therefore in the case of students (or parents) then they have every right to complain about the singular price hike even if it just brings the price up to what looks like more realistic values of £10 per game.

I am surprised that there has been no price increase for your bog standard Adult season ticket but the calculation must be that Hibs need to hold onto as many of 'Cup Final' one offs as they can.

Brave try by Hibs but they are offski and its just a matter of how many the fall off will be but overall apart from students Hibs do seem to have marketed the prices quite well across the board.

Just as a bit of historical perspective a season ticket in the West Stand in 2013/2014 was £405 and now after a cup final win, 3 season in the Championship and two seasons back in the SPL a season ticket for 2019/2020 is now £385 and you can make of that what you will as every theory works.
I think that's it and I reckon there's an element of 'ripping the plaster off' going on to adapt to our new situation of having a fairly full stadium. Pricing policies historically were based on a half empty stadium with plenty free, decent seats, so there was no loss to the club of selling concessions at low cost because the seats would otherwise sit empty. Now it's really only seats at end of stands available if you want to buy for a group which presumably puts some people off going. I think maybe with an expected drop off anyway they've decided to take the hit this year and also take the chance that they might bring in new adult season ticket holders who are attracted to the availability of good seats.

I think I read previously that our average season ticket price is something like £200 so there must be a significant proportion of concessions in that. I wonder how that compares to other clubs as a percentage of a full price ticket cost.

I guess overall it sounds like good business sense to maximise income but it does feel like a kick in the teeth for folk in situations like 1875 as loyal supporters bringing through a new generation of loyal supporters. Bottom line is that it's the bucks coming into the club that makes the team on the pitch so I suppose we need to acknowledge that bringing a strong businesswoman like LD into the club isn't going to be without consequences as she focuses on maximising cash.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Callumnapier

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
That’s a shame,could you not do payment plan?
Works out at £17.70 a month i think
Looked into that it’s not clear if they’re doing a payment plan for students only coming up as adult ones. Maybe a call to the ticket office is needed, joy!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel
HELP US BY CLICKING THE ADS