• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Season ticket refund

SirGraysheid

New radge
Reaction score
It looks more likely that games will be played behind closed doors.

How will the club/SPFL refund season ticket holders for these games?

They won't.

Happy for the club to keep my cash rather than bankrupt them.

Would imagine Hibs will show games on Hibs tv to season ticket holders.

I wonder if the club have event insurance.

I'm not fussy about getting any refund. If they do have insurance a double win for the club - a bigger telly maybe lol, hopefully better players.

I would be disappointed any Hibs fan would be looking for a refund on season tickets to be honest. As others have said I would rather they had my money than they get into a difficult financial position.

Last edited:
Think season ticket holders might be offered free International Hibs TV subscriptions until the end of the season? And then relax the restrictions that prevent you from watching it in the UK. That would be one solution.

Can't see them playing all the remaining fixtures behind closed doors though, be as well just suspending the season now. Top of the league champions bottom of the league relegated! :evil:

It’s a bit of a stinger for Hibs tbh,no sure what happens with Celtic tickets but assuming rest of games are behind closed doors then they’re losing Semi final cash plus Huns,M’well and Aberdeen possibly due at Easter Rd if we make top 6.

March/April is when clubs are at their lowest cash wise so buying Season tickets will help a lot.

Last edited:
500 people ..hmm could we have 500 then miss a few seat and have another 500 then miss another few seats then another 500 ....

500 people ..hmm could we have 500 then miss a few seat and have another 500 then miss another few seats then another 500 ....
All ticket....
Seriously. The ban may be short term.
We could see a raft of games played later.

I wouldnae be looking for a refund, I dinnae have the money now so I'm hardly going tae miss it. I miss a few games over the season, if I miss another few games, I miss another few games, so what. A season ticket is hardly a huge saving these days, I buy my seat so I can always have a seat beside the people I go with.

It looks more likely that games will be played behind closed doors.

How will the club/SPFL refund season ticket holders for these games?

Why would the Club be held responsible?

Are you at the wind up?

I was more thinking a refund/credit towards 2020/21 season ticket.

In the end of the day the club have sold a product, accepted payment.

If the club are unable to provide entry to matches. Then compensation is due.

Ron is happy to kick up prices. He must provide the agreed service.

You're not a lawyer then.

Not looking for a full refund but will take the cash back for the 0-3 pumping from HoMFC.

Suggest they get the players to foot the bill.

The club will already be taking a financial hit and you want to kick them further... We have a weird mentality within our support at times.

I think the club would have to offer some sort of refund or other service, I wouldn't be tempted to take it as the club will be financially hit as it is by this coming saga, this is something experts are saying could die down in the summer but come back stronger next winter aswell so even next season there could be problems.

I wont be asking for refund its not the football clubs fault

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Not looking for a full refund but will take the cash back for the 0-3 pumping from HoMFC.

Would prefer players to foot the ball rather than the head tennis we’re sometimes treated to.

not interested in a refund. The club have my cash, and have most likely spent it now, wisely or not.

Having a 'discount' on next season STs is more or less the same as taking a refund on this season.

When we sign up to Hibs its all for goals and glory, not fuckin refunds.

The real worry for Hibs or any other fitba club for that matter, is not folk wanting a refund for a nearly done season but if the pandemic does not show any signs of stalling fans may say I can swallow that, but not as in some cases spending several hundreds of pounds for new Season Tickets. Wait, walk up, buy half season tickets may be a statagy chosen by many if this is the case. Corporate sponsors who pay thousands for hospitality tables and seats would be first to jump/defer in my opinion.
As it happens I have been invited by Shetland and Orkney Hibs amigos to attend their slossfully indulgent Corporate gig on Saturday. May be the last match for a good while.

BIG G

I think the club would have to offer some sort of refund or other service, I wouldn't be tempted to take it as the club will be financially hit as it is by this coming saga, this is something experts are saying could die down in the summer but come back stronger next winter aswell so even next season there could be problems.
There will be a cure by then, next years flu jab will incorporate Covid-19 IMHO

Surely a wind up from the OP

Happy for the club to keep my cash rather than bankrupt them.

Would imagine Hibs will show games on Hibs tv to season ticket holders.
Think season ticket holders might be offered free International Hibs TV subscriptions until the end of the season? And then relax the restrictions that prevent you from watching it in the UK. That would be one solution.

Can't see them playing all the remaining fixtures behind closed doors though, be as well just suspending the season now. Top of the league champions bottom of the league relegated! :evil:
The Hibs TV subscription would be a good thing but sadly there's no way the broadcasting deal will allow Hibs to stream live matches in the UK. Its f@#&ing stupid in this day and age I know.

Och well I'll just start going to the cinema instead.Oh wait..

The Hibs TV subscription would be a good thing but sadly there's no way the broadcasting deal will allow Hibs to stream live matches in the UK. Its f@#&ing stupid in this day and age I know.
Don't see why not given the fact that as season ticket holders we have paid for games but have accepted we cannot watch them as expected. Hibs are going to loose on match day shop and food takings.Why should the broadcasting dealers not make their contribution in the circumstances?

We are in an unprecedented (there's that word again) situation. I would expect that to be relaxed.

Get you heed doon pal

Och well I'll just start going to the cinema instead.Oh wait..
That is ok as under 500 people and no cops needed ??

It's not even about spreading the disease their worried about...it;s using up emergency services when they might be needed elsewhere. The clubs shouldnt lose too much money behind closed doors. Most people are season ticket holders, and no crowds means no police etc needed so savings there.

It's not even about spreading the disease their worried about...it;s using up emergency services when they might be needed elsewhere. The clubs shouldnt lose too much money behind closed doors. Most people are season ticket holders, and no crowds means no police etc needed so savings there.

Unless of course some fans expect to be compensated for missed games.
Probably not too many.

The problem is not so much the larger clubs such as ours in the SPFL, it's the smaller clubs in the lower leagues who utterly depend on money coming in to keep going. I fear many of them will not survive without any fans paying to see them.

Last edited:

Was it not 1-3 ( still a shocker )

Dinnae want anything back, whens next season go on sale?

Next season at this rate ?

Not interested whatsoever on Hibs refunding any money.. bigger priorities for all

You what? ?

All norms have gone. I think folk are kidding themselves on if they think the season will resume anytime soon. Maybe the Scottish cup will be finished but can't see the spl being completed. Maybe to 33 games as a Killie player suggested.

All norms have gone. I think folk are kidding themselves on if they think the season will resume anytime soon. Maybe the Scottish cup will be finished but can't see the spl being completed. Maybe to 33 games as a Killie player suggested.

This thread has been viewed 3545 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50