• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Season Over & the SPFL Proposals?

SPFL Proposals - Yes or No

• Yes and farewell Jambos

Votes: 102 88.7%
  • No let us bide our time and see what happens

Votes: 13 11.3%

• Total voters
SPFL have written to both Hearts and Partick and looks like punishment may follow as theyve broken the rules by going to court.
15 point deduction means they need tae win 5 games before they reach nil points?

The SFA/SPFL will compensate them, cowards.

15 point deduction means they need tae win 5 games before they reach nil points?
More serious than a “fifteen pointer”. They’re bringing the game into disrepute ... worthy of another league drop ?

Do the SFA/SPFL have money to compensate them?

I get the impression they live pretty much hand to mouth. If that's the case it would need a whip round round the clubs. The gunts have pissed off so many of them, not least the 3 named clubs in their writ, I can see huge resistance to just paying them off.

I can see the clubs taking their chances in court if the case is as flimsy as its said to be.

More serious than a “fifteen pointer”. They’re bringing the game into disrepute ... worthy of another league drop ?
Or two?

You know something Hammi, before they started all this - I wouldn't have had a problem with the relegated teams receiving a bit of compensation due to the exceptional circumstances. There was never going to be a solution where everyone was happy, but this way was the least unfair I felt.

But after the constant moaning, numerous different failed reconstruction attempts, threats, hypocritical statements, and now legal action, fuck them. I hope they get nothing.

I think an agreement about compensation would have suited all parties, but just like the glass curtain, the Castle view, the stand seats, the various managers, the players fat contract terms, they have fucked it up royally.
Bidding for Ten M £ has just annoyed everyone.
More even than they usually do.

Do the SFA/SPFL have money to compensate them?

I get the impression they live pretty much hand to mouth. If that's the case it would need a whip round round the clubs. The gunts have pissed off so many of them, not least the 3 named clubs in their writ, I can see huge resistance to just paying them off.

I can see the clubs taking their chances in court if the case is as flimsy as its said to be.

I don't know, but it'll happen. We've all seen Scottish football long enough to know it isn't held up by a spine.

You know something Hammi, before they started all this - I wouldn't have had a problem with the relegated teams receiving a bit of compensation due to the exceptional circumstances. There was never going to be a solution where everyone was happy, but this way was the least unfair I felt.

But after the constant moaning, numerous different failed reconstruction attempts, threats, hypocritical statements, and now legal action, fuck them. I hope they get nothing.

Likewise, they deserve nothing.
But they're making so much noise that it'll happen.

I'd love to be proved wrong

I don't know, but it'll happen. We've all seen Scottish football long enough to know it isn't held up by a spine.

Likewise, they deserve nothing.
But they're making so much noise that it'll happen.

I'd love to be proved wrong
SPFL will have the last laugh, Hearts just make alot of noise with no substance, the SPFLs legal team with have it all in hand.

SPFL will have the last laugh, Hearts just make alot of noise with no substance, the SPFLs legal team with have it all in hand.

Every single time I've been convinced that they'll get theirs, they dont.
And I've never been convinced by anything upstairs at Hampden.
Hope you're right.

Every single time I've been convinced that they'll get theirs, they dont.
And I've never been convinced by anything upstairs at Hampden.
Hope you're right.

Being reported on Capital fm news.....kind of pisses on the chips of Hearts an Jags legal case :hah:
PARIS, France, Jun 23 – French clubs on Tuesday voted to maintain a 20-team Ligue 1 next season, knocking on the head a proposal to expand the league to 22 clubs that would have saved Amiens and Toulouse from relegation.

Amiens and Toulouse had both been condemned to the drop as the bottom two sides when the season was ended early in late April due to the coronavirus crisis, but went all the way to court to argue that their relegation from the top flight was “unjust” and “arbitrary”.

Earlier this month France’s highest administrative court blocked their relegations, while a judge ordered that the French league (LFP) re-examine with the French Football Federation the proposed format for the top division next season.

That could have meant the league being expanded by two teams, with promotions still standing while relegations were annulled.

However, a general assembly of top-tier clubs as well as players and coaches on Tuesday saw them vote 74.49 percent in favour of maintaining a 20-team league.

“The vote followed an in-depth study into the consequences of a Ligue 1 of 20, 21 or 22 clubs on the fixture calendar for next season and on the health of the players,” read a statement released by the LFP.

“The study also looked into the financial impact, the distribution of broadcast rights and the repercussions on contracts with broadcasters.”

Amiens have promised to carry on their legal fight, but the vote would appear to put an end to the footballing dispute once and for all, with the next French season scheduled to start in late August and most clubs now returning to training.

We’ve already had those votes with member clubs given ample opportunity to agree an alternative league restructure. Neil Doncaster made sure of that.

Indeed, a mere 38% of clubs were in favour of the “solution” proposed in the most recent vote so that box has been well and truly ticked already.

…Amiens and Toulouse had both been condemned to the drop as the bottom two sides when the season was ended early in late April due to the coronavirus crisis, but went all the way to court to argue that their relegation from the top flight was “unjust” and “arbitrary”.
Top journalese... avoiding the rather trite 'mid-April' ;)

This thread has been viewed 107236 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50