• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Season Over & the SPFL Proposals?

SPFL Proposals - Yes or No

• Yes and farewell Jambos

Votes: 102 88.7%
  • No let us bide our time and see what happens

Votes: 13 11.3%

• Total voters
Tick Tock

D831B06F-EE1C-456D-85DE-9733AE6BEE0C.jpeg

I don't think that's the dynamic at Hibs - Dempster does what she's told, and does it pretty doggedly. I think the driving and direction is being done by RG's own Scottish people.

Who is his "own Scottish people"?

In light of that statement today from the SPFL and the SFA I think it's safe to say that there is now officially no chance of this season being completed. I just hope that the social distancing restrictions are lifted in June so that pre-season training and proper preparations can take place for season 2020/2021 to start in either August or September.

Who is his "own Scottish people"?

Archie Paton for one.

The total denial from Jambos as what has been staring them in face for 3 weeks has been brilliant, suing the league and staying up punted by Gorgie friendly journos even this week.
Zilch from them today as the reality of what everyone could see hits them.
All we had to do was sit and wait while the Gov pushed dates back....

Vote is pretty clear on here and Hibs.net

Will KP take note of this

Vote is pretty clear on here and Hibs.net

Will KP take note of this

In the middle of this thread ✅

In the middle of this thread ✅

Thanks my man

SFA saying no football until 10 June (at the earliest).

Isn't that about the time a normal pre-season would start?

Add 6 weeks for that and we're at the end(ish) of July and right up to when this all important contract with Sky starts for the new season. Sky will not want anything delaying their big kick off.

Personally I think the end of June is ambitious for football starting.

The gunts are toast.

SFA saying no football until 10 June (at the earliest).

Isn't that about the time a normal pre-season would start?

Add 6 weeks for that and we're at the end(ish) of July and right up to when this all important contract with Sky starts for the new season. Sky will not want anything delaying their big kick off.

Personally I think the end of June is ambitious for football starting.

The gunts are toast.
Pre-season training usually starts about the 20th June due to European matches and of course the League Cup section matches in Scotland. Pre season Friendlies don't usually start till about 10 July onwards. I would scrap the League Cup for next season and concentrate of ensuring next season begins in either August or September. Whole thing depends entirely on social distancing being lifted by then of course.

Archie Paton for one.

Archie is bigger for driving Hibs forward than LD. Him and RG are very structured, and driven by good business practises.

Pre-season training usually starts about the 20th June due to European matches and of course the League Cup section matches in Scotland. Pre season Friendlies don't usually start till about 10 July onwards. I would scrap the League Cup for next season and concentrate of ensuring next season begins in either August or September. Whole thing depends entirely on social distancing being stopped by then of course.

I am glad you mentioned "social distancing" as we are all forgetting that even if football does restart in August or September then its not going to be football as we know it in front of 15,000/20,000 up to 60,000 people in Scotland.???????.

60,000 people on a hot summers day in August is just way off the mission impossible scale on current health projections.?.

Governments will ensure that mass gatherings are the very last line at the very bottom of a long line of lists when it comes to reopening the economy and it will be closed doors or nothing.

The only slight chink I can see is if clubs try to lobby for a 2 metre distance and keep every other seat vacant but that's a real long shot.?

So Hibs go from 20,000 to 10,000 with all the financial and logistical problems that brings.?.

Maybe I should have bought a season ticket after all.?

Last edited:
With Dundee now voting no there's now a big chance this won't get passed

If they stay up, won't be long before they are out spending us again with there mystery benefactors and donations from fans. Send them down and watch the donations dry up, along with there mystery benefactors. They aren't certainties to come right back up either with that shite squad and manager.

Dundee and sevco just looking to muddy the waters. Just delaying the inevitable.

Dundee and sevco just looking to muddy the waters. Just delaying the inevitable.
Only need 75% of the vote to pass.

I am glad you mentioned "social distancing" as we are all forgetting that even if football does restart in August or September then its not going to be football as we know it in front of 15,000/20,000 up to 60,000 people in Scotland.???????.

60,000 people on a summers day in August is just way off the mission impossible scale on current health projections.?.

Governments will ensure that mass gatherings are the very last line at the very bottom of a long line of lists when it comes to reopening the economy and it will be closed doors or nothing.

The only slight chink I can see is if clubs try to lobby for a 2 metre distance and keep every other seat vacant but that's a real long shot.?

So Hibs go from 20,000 to 10,000 with all the financial and logistical problems that brings.?.

Maybe I should have bought a season ticket after all.?
Trying to keep 2 metres is almost impossible.
What is the width of a seat? 1/2 metre? 20 inches?
That would mean every fourth/ fifth seat occupied.
Then theres the problem of going to the toilet where people have to pass by in close proximity.
Forget it.
Closed doors is the only option when these restrictions are lifted.
I dont think we'll see a free for all in stadia for many, many months.
I think a vaccine will have to be found first.

Only need 75% of the vote to pass.

There are caveats to that though. Three no votes in the Championship kills it.

That's two already.

The very much overrated Dempster is flying a kite here to see how the land lies but there isnt any doubt she does want to save the puddledrinkers and as always she completely misreads the situation.[emoji26].

Consider a possible scenario that Hibs is the final vote that saves the puddledrinkers and forces the SPFL to find another solution which probably will be a null and void season and everyone stays where they are.

Dempster and Queen Anne would then enjoy a nice lunch and over a decent Chardonnay sit back and chat about "women in football" and "breaking down the barriers" and how to influence Scottish football for the challenge ahead. Pass the fkn sick bag pleeese .[emoji36]

The puddledrinkers support of course would be on cloud fkn 9 and rightly so.

Their support would rally to the season ticket cause and they would all be dancing around whistling and singing to the tune of "The Great Escape".

Donations to their impressive supporters trust would break the £1million and they would vow to get behind the club and ensure that on the field they will get back to their 'rightful' place as a Top 4 club and the danger of relegation must never happen again.

A few decent ones would recognise the Hibs decision while the rest would take the tribal attitude of not giving a FCK and only caring about their own team just exactly as we would.

The Hibs support on the other hand would be totally disillusioned and split right down the middle or 85%/15% based on polls so far.

There would be calls for a season ticket boycott, anger and recriminations and the very tenuous link between board and support would be completely fragmented.

Without doubt we will lose a considerable number of season ticket holders and go into the next season far weaker than we should be and certainly far weaker than our major competitor.[emoji26].

As always Dempster never sees the big picture.

She has short term thinking or temper tantrums on anything from loyalty points or the Lennon debacle and subsequent joke statement or the lets save "Scotland's Shame 2012" statement or her isolation of the "Since 1875" singing section or getting her mates to "sponsor" the shirt.[emoji17]

Ron will make the call but he doesn't understand Scottish football yet and Dempster isnt the one to teach him.[emoji26]
Tend to agree with this. I can see a huge split in the support over this and am not sure Dempster is reading or cares about the fans views.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

There was talk this week that when they relax the current lockdown that the least vulnerable could be first to get out and about. It mentioned those in their 20s and 30s to be first back to work to try and help stimulate the economy.

Maybe they’ll do the same for football to restrict crowds in the initial month or two?

Tend to agree with this. I can see a huge split in the support over this and am not sure Dempster is reading or cares about the fans views.

Lot of assumption there from you and our Slovenian Covid expert Sammy.

Aye. Tough decisions have to be made.
Most Hibs fans would love to see Hertz relegated.
And replaced with Dundee Utd.
Hibs, as a club may possibly look at two( probable) home games where theres 7000 paying spectators filling the South Stand, as opposed to two home games with , in all probability 2,000( if they're going well) paying spectators in the South Stand.
Hibs fans may also moan about Hibs not spending enough money on transfers.
Theres a players annual wage gone missing in the above scenario.

Trying to keep 2 metres is almost impossible.
What is the width of a seat? 1/2 metre? 20 inches?
That would mean every fourth/ fifth seat occupied.
Then theres the problem of going to the toilet where people have to pass by in close proximity.
Forget it.
Closed doors is the only option when these restrictions are lifted.
I dont think we'll see a free for all in stadia for many, many months.
I think a vaccine will have to be found first.
Agree with most of that..one or two things though.

1/ Closed doors games; I also think it may be the way we will go for the first few months of the new season if in fact it does start in August or September. Clubs like Hibs could show all of their home games live on Hibs TV free to all season ticket holders....and offer a pay-per-view package to non season ticket holders. Problem with that is all the other clubs in the league would have to agree to do the same for it to really work properly. The other significant problem with that is that whilst you may not have any crowd in the stadium, there is the situation (assuming the virus is still as infectious then) where you still have 22 footballers running around a pitch for 90 minutes in very close physical proximity with all sorts of coughing, gobbing etc going on...also add in managers, coaches, subs all sitting together in the technical areas. There are in fact substantial problems with holding games behind closed doors in this country....however if that is the only option to getting football started in Scotland so then so be it, we will have to find a way around the problems. The alternative is that the game is finished in Scotland and elsewhere forever. Very few clubs in Scotland will survive an extended period beyond say August with no matches and no gate money coming in. Restructuring of what would be left of the league in the most brutal way will then be the only way forward whether we vote for it now or not.

2/ Vaccines; Apparently a year or so away at best, however I have a feeling due to the total devastation this virus has caused worldwide that there will be a concerted and massively well funded effort across the globe to get a vaccine ready substantially quicker than is currently being talked about. I'm not a medical person or a scientist though so perhaps this is just wishful thinking on my part. When a vaccine is approved, we then have the not inconsiderable task I would have thought, of vaccinating 60 million people. How long would that take ?

Last edited:
Simple question here which I don't know the answer to.

The vote is today by 5:00pm but are the top league clubs voting today as well ??.

EDIT : Its a full vote by all clubs so if it goes through them it applies to Championship and Divs 1,2 not Premiership yet but clock is ticking and hard to see why it wouldn't apply at a later date.

All we have heard from Hibs is Dempster's holding statement which was non committal probably moving towards No.

Inverness seem to hold the key to the Championship and Hibs and Aberdeen to the Premiership.

I really don't want find out how our club have voted from the Daily Record or the Sun.?

Last edited:
Simple question here which I don't know the answer to.

The vote is today by 5:00pm but are the top league clubs voting today as well. ?

All we have heard from Hibs is Dempster's holding statement which was non committal probably moving towards No.

Inverness seem to hold the key to the Championship and Hibs and The Sheep to the Premiership.

I really don't want find out how our club have voted from the Daily Record or the Sun.?

I've already accepted Heart's are staying tbh.

Agree with most of that..one or two things though.

1/ Closed doors games; I also think it may be the way we will go for the first few months of the new season if in fact it does start in August or September. Clubs like Hibs could show all of their home games live on Hibs TV free to all season ticket holders....and offer a pay-per-view package to non season ticket holders. Problem with that is all the other clubs in the league would have to agree to do the same for it to really work properly. The other significant problem with that is that whilst you may not have any crowd in the stadium, there is the situation (assuming the virus is still as infectious then) where you still have 22 footballers running around a pitch for 90 minutes in very close physical proximity with all sorts of coughing, gobbing etc going on...also add in managers, coaches, subs all sitting together in the technical areas. There are in fact substantial problems with holding games behind closed doors in this country....however if that is the only option to getting football started in Scotland so then so be it, we will have to find a way around the problems. The alternative is that the game is finished in Scotland and elsewhere forever. Very few clubs in Scotland will survive an extended period beyond say August with no matches and no gate money coming in. Restructuring of what would be left of the league in the most brutal way will then be the only way forward whether we vote for it now or not.

2/ Vaccines; Apparently a year or so away at best, however I have a feeling due to the total devastation this virus has caused worldwide that there will be a concerted and massively well funded effort across the globe to get a vaccine ready substantially quicker than is currently being talked about. I'm not a medical person or a scientist though so perhaps this is just wishful thinking on my part. When a vaccine is approved, we then have the not inconsiderable task I would have thought, of vaccinating 60 million people. How long would that take ?
60 million vaccinations is the easy bit.....the thought of the SPFL dealing with clubs going bust and restructuring to suit ......
May as well laugh now.

Think it goes higher than Dempster, Did Gordon not recently say Hibs and Hearts should work together not so long ago? The fans views are different from the clubs view, Hibs and Hearts will look out for each other because of the financial benefits.

I wouldn’t believe the garbage from either. They’ve printed from a ‘no comment’ return.

Aberdeen will vote no, votes dead in the water already. About time the people leading our game grew some balls and stopped this shitey voting process that clubs can never agree on. Playing games behind closed doors would be useless and financially not be very benefiting in Scottish football, I’d also imagine police would find it difficult to allow it with the potential of fans turning up outside grounds during social distancing like happened in other countries before they called everything off.

Last edited:
Think it goes higher than Dempster, Did Gordon not recently say Hibs and Gunts should work together not so long ago? The fans views are different from the clubs view, Hibs and Gunts will look out for each other because of the financial benefits.

Aye something about us both competing with Celtic and Rangers, being good for Edinburgh.

Aye something about us both competing with Smellies... and Huns, being good for Edinburgh.
He also said he wanted Hibernian to be the biggest sporting institution in Edinburgh..

I wouldn’t believe the garbage from either. They’ve printed from a ‘no comment’ return.

Indeed they do but its up to clubs and Hibs in particular to pre-empt speculation and fill the gap between rumours, speculation and actually hard facts.

A number of clubs have given unequivacal statements regarding where they stand and so far we have heard nothing from Hibs except a bit of a ramble about needing to think about it really hard and not rush into it.?.

Hibs look like they are leaking they will vote in favour ✔?but hopefully for clarity over the weekend Hibs subsequently give a crystal clear statement about exactly how they voted and why they voted the way they did which I dont think is a big ask given the magnitude of the decision.?

Last edited:

Makes sense to me to end the season now, however I still can't get my head around Hibs having to drop a place due to the daft "points per game" thing. The sooner end of season prize money is dished out to clubs the better since most of them will need every pound they can get just now.

Well done Hibs, can’t see it going through though.

Well done Hibs, can’t see it going through though.
That’s just your pessimistic nature Mate. Like many on here your first thought was that Hibs would prefer derby cash over strengthening their position as top dogs in the city (3 years and counting).

Now you’ve moved onto next position of “snever gonna happen”.

That’s just your pessimistic nature Mate. Like many on here your first thought was that Hibs would prefer derby cash over strengthening their position as top dogs in the city (3 years and counting).

Now you’ve moved onto next position of “snever gonna happen”.
Aye that’s just me, all down to Ross County now.....

Nothing new there then.

Hibs look like they are leaking they will vote in favour ✔?but hopefully for clarity over the weekend Hibs subsequently give a crystal clear statement about exactly how they voted and why they voted the way they did which I dont think is a big ask given the magnitude of the decision.

Clarity for the avoidance of doubt (and more) is always good. ✅

This thread has been viewed 107236 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50