• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Season Over & the SPFL Proposals?

SPFL Proposals - Yes or No

• Yes and farewell Jambos

Votes: 102 88.7%
  • No let us bide our time and see what happens

Votes: 13 11.3%

• Total voters

pq123

Just A Radge
Reaction score
I see that all four rugby unions have taken the decision to null and void this season.
SRU have posted

Why can’t any remaining games not be played ahead of the new season?

'The earliest we anticipate the suspension to end will be 1 July 2020 after which players will require to train in order to be match fit and contact ready ahead of their pre-season. That date remains uncertain just now. It is anticipated that training and pre-season will be over a 6-8 week period at which point season 2020/21 will commence. Further details regarding season 2020/21 will be shared with clubs in due course when further information is known regarding when we can expect any or all government restrictions to be reduced'.

Difficult to see the SFA/SPL etc coming up with a different conclusion if nothing is moving before the end of June.
I don't know how they will decide who qualifies for Europe. If this season is null and void then the league positions are as well.
Jambos have dodged a bullet!
Dundee Utd broke the bank to win the league and will probably go into administration.
On the cheery side Ferguson's Kelty Hearts will be staying where they are anaw:-)

PQ123

Last edited by a moderator:
But this is diddy leagues, no one watches Rugby, no one pays, no one really cares.

Relegate the worst team in the fitba league.

Congratulate the Champions of each division.

SPFL/SFA would never void and null the league, they simply cant afford for themselves and clubs to miss out on placement and sponsorship monies.

I’m honestly not bothered what decision they come to about our leagues. It’s a very difficult decision to make and I for one will accept whatever outcome is decided.

As long as the Gunts go down.

I’m honestly not bothered what decision they come to about our leagues. It’s a very difficult decision to make and I for one will accept whatever outcome is decided.

As long as the Gunts go down.

They won't. They will go safe and promote 4 teams from championship and make it 16 league team.

Talk in Germany after big meeting today is that Bundesliga will be continued from earliest start of May with all games behind closed doors and as minimum numbers of people as possible in the stadium for live broadcasts.

Could work in England but our TV deal isn’t worth a sook and our clubs still rely massively on gate income as a high percentsge of income compared to TV ? laden leagues.

The Edinburgh Festival, the biggest arts festival in the world, has just been cancelled this year for the first time in 70 years. This runs from August into September...basically when the new football season should be starting.
Thoughts regarding the implications for football starting anyone ?

The Edinburgh Festival, the biggest arts festival in the world, has just been cancelled this year for the first time in 70 years. This runs from August into September...basically when the new football season should be starting.
How will Scottish football finish the current one of they cant have crowds, no chance.

How will Scottish football finish the current one of they cant have crowds, no chance.
Current season will not be completed IMO. It's only a matter of time before they declare this.
Either current placings will stand or they will try to force through reconstruction for next season. As I posted on Saturday, for me the new season 2020/21 has to begin as normal in August or else at least half of our clubs will go under. Very few clubs will survive if we don't have firm plans to start the new season at the usual time. Even then, many of our clubs will face a desperate struggle to stay afloat.

Current season will not be completed IMO. It's only a matter of time before they declare this.
Either current placings will stand or they will try to force through reconstruction for next season. As I posted on Saturday, for me the new season 2020/21 has to begin as normal in August or else at least half of our clubs will go under. Very few clubs will survive if we don't have firm plans to start the new season at the usual time. Even then, many of our clubs will face a desperate struggle to stay afloat.
Agree dude, without supporters at matches even the suggestion of playing games behind closed doors without a income is pointless, season should just be finished as it is and some sort of alternative arrangement made for next season.

I suppose it is a case of when restrictions are lifted - I suppose in theory, its possible, that football restrictions without crowds could done allowing games to take place 2/3 weeks after that.

This still creates the issue of registrations, and the likelyhood of the season running into July.

Not a problem of coinciding with the euros anymore but, then the knock on effect of the following season with the euros now waiting in 2021, and probably an early start to the season, and an early finish.

And then there's what UEFA decided in relation to club tournaments, nations league, euro qualifiers, world cup qualifiers.

So, quite a lot to consider, but also probably narrows it down to what UEFA decide and moving from there. When is UEFAs next statement?

Also probably means that nothing will move forward until Italy/Spain get through the worst and then any other countries are badly affected.

Which does mean we can very probably decide on the current situation, and the season in hand because the foregoing means that there is pretty much zero chance of completing it. They might complete the scottish cup, as its just three games, but I'm not sure that's really very fair?

UEFA are interested in one thing only, the Champions League. Everything will be done to protect that. They will IMO pass the buck and put the decision on how to finish this season back to the individual associations. A decision will have to be made very soon on this as many of our clubs even this early are struggling to keep their heads above water. Prize monies are desperately needed by clubs in Scotland so I expect a decision on the finishing of this season as it stands to be made very soon.
The big question is next season. For the season to start as normal in August, players will have to be back for pre-season training in late June early July. If the League Cup is to continue then these matches take place in mid-July and are basically pre-season friendlies with a bit of added spice with their being a competitive edge. I think they might scrap the League Cup to be honest. It's pre-season training and starting the league campaign in August which is the biggest and most important hing for the future of our game in Scotland IMO.

Scrap all football until a vaccine is found.If clubs go under then so be it.Football can start again when the economy recovers,if it ever recovers.

They might complete the scottish cup, as its just three games, but I'm not sure that's really very fair?

The thing about that is - as with potentially completing this season - is that teams are likely to have significantly different playing staff by then. Is it fair for very different teams to complete a tournament? I don't really think so, tbh.

You know things are getting serious when ...
Burntisland Highland Games said:
It is with regret that the Burntisland Highland Games of 2020 is now cancelled. Apart from the World wars (not including weather), this is the first time it has not been held since 1652. The committee will however continue to work towards next year and hope to see you all there. Stay safe.

No choice but to end the season. The players have not been training so they'd need another pre season to get them match sharp which takes weeks. We don't have enough time. All the focus now should be on next season.

The thing about that is - as with potentially completing this season - is that teams are likely to have significantly different playing staff by then. Is it fair for very different teams to complete a tournament? I don't really think so, tbh.
A very good point. We could indeed have a far weaker team where as the likes of Celtic may not. Alot of players on longterm contracts and 90 million or more in the bank.

No choice but to end the season. The players have not been training so they'd need another pre season to get them match sharp which takes weeks. We don't have enough time. All the focus now should be on next season.
My honest opinion on this is that we can forget next season too.
We have absolutely no idea how this is going to pan out on every day living.
Normality may be quite different to what were used to.
Too many unknowns.

This thing hasn't reached its peak yet so god knows when this lockdown will be lifted but reckon at least april , may and june . How long till we could have football after that god only knows.
Flights from abroad are still landing bringing in god knows what

The CMO wrote to 200,000 (1.5m in England) people who have underlying conditions and these letters have been dropping through folks letterboxes the last day or so.

It tells them not to go out until the end of June.

And that's not the worst of it!!!!

They should be sacking it now

My beloved Wimbledon has now fallen and all football should be making the decision now. They've had weeks and all of the delay isn't helping anyone

The planning and co-ordination involved means they had to make a decision early on the festival... can’t take the chance to book acts and venues to then be left will a bill and zero income.

football is very different.

Scrap all football until a vaccine is found.If clubs go under then so be it.Football can start again when the economy recovers,if it ever recovers.

What if a vaccine is never found?

There will be a vaccine but it needs to be processed and tested properly. That would normaly take up to a year but given the mass destruction, death and economic misery this pandemic has caused worldwide I would imagine there will be a huge effort and millions of pounds invested in getting the vaccine ready quicker than that. As I said the 2020/21 season has to start at the latest in September or you may as well scrap next season IMO.

Johnson & Johnson seem to be close - January next year! In other articles it's suggesting J&J will be doing this on a not for profit basis. Having said that they've already committed $1bn so it won't be cheap!

A link to the Metro.
Read more: Coronavirus vaccine testing to start 'within months' by Johnson & Johnson

Its hard to find a window where the football season could restart.

This lockdown will go on until end April, the next lockdown say July, the next lockdown say October.

Without mass virus testing or anti-body's testing or a vaccine there isn't a way out of lockdowns unless its a decision to allow the virus to run its course and just take the death hit once you staff up your hospitals.

Football can only be played behind closed doors and our players will now be scattered across England, Scotland and Europe with essential travel being banned so how do we put a team out never mind training.

I wouldn't make the season null and void though.

Just play it until an end maybe minus the split once football restarts and then shorten the following season to a 20 game sprint.

Last edited:
Belgium the first country to sack it

Champions crowned but relegation yet to be decided

then football finishes.

There will be a vaccine but it needs to be processed and tested properly. That would normaly take up to a year but given the mass destruction, death and economic misery this pandemic has caused worldwide I would imagine there will be a huge effort and millions of pounds invested in getting the vaccine ready quicker than that. As I said the 2020/21 season has to start at the latest in September or you may as well scrap next season IMO.
Something in the news today saying they've successfully tested a vaccine on mice which was effective in killing the virus over 2 weeks.

They're hoping these testing kits will be a success so what we might end up seeing is half the population still in lockdown and the other half back at work in the coming months. Until they have a vaccine they can widely distribute I can't honestly see there being any football this year.

Something in the news today saying they've successfully tested a vaccine on mice which was effective in killing the virus over 2 weeks.

They're hoping these testing kits will be a success so what we might end up seeing is half the population still in lockdown and the other half back at work in the coming months. Until they have a vaccine they can widely distribute I can't honestly see there being any football this year.
So mibbes Disneyland could re-open ?
Ach yi huvtae laugh or yi wid go nuts, I’m fine by the way.:lookaround:

Voiding is no longer an option

Beautiful

Why the fannying about on simply finishing this season?
Its finished.
Make a decision and get it over with.

UEFA have warned leagues that finishing the season early could cost them Champions League and Europa Cup places.

UEFA have warned leagues that finishing the season early could cost them Champions League and Europa Cup places.

Good that UEFA know when this caper is going to be over.
What a wise and wonderfully blessed organisation it is.
Fuckin arseholes.
Is it gonna cost too much in sponsorship money to say otherwise.

Good that UEFA know when this caper is going to be over.
What a wise and wonderfully blessed organisation it is.
Fuckin arseholes.
Is it gonna cost too much in sponsorship money to say otherwise.
As i've said before IMO they are only interested in preserving the Champions League and Europa League. That's what brings the money in.

As i've said before they are only interested in preserving the Champions League and Europa League. That's what brings the money in.
I know GM.
But how stupid are they going to look when they discover that this season may have to finish in July 2021?

FIFA offering guidance

As i've said before IMO they are only interested in preserving the Champions League and Europa League. That's what brings the money in.
Am I alone, I've got absolutely nae interest in the champions league, europa league ( unless we're in it) or the EPL.

Am I alone, I've got absolutely nae interest in the champions league, europa league ( unless we're in it) or the EPL.

Same.

Same with me.

This thread has been viewed 107348 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50