• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Scouting.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Valid point brought up by another poster on a thread got me thinking.

I've always wondered have we ever scouted Asian leagues or MLS. Surely there's gems in those leagues. Work permits may be an issue but I'm not sure these days.

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Valid point brought up by another poster on a thread got me thinking.

I've always wondered have we ever scouted Asian leagues or MLS. Surely there's gems in those leagues. Work permits may be an issue but I'm not sure these days.
Work permits, and the costs involved in setting up a scouting network, probably rule it not worth our while. Which is a shame, as we probably are missing out on otherwise affordable players.

I think we should be primarily focussed on the Scottish & Scandinavian markets, Scottish players playing in England, and probably looking for gems in the League of Ireland.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Work permits, and the costs involved in setting up a scouting network, probably rule it not worth our while. Which is a shame, as we probably are missing out on otherwise affordable players.

I think we should be primarily focussed on the Scottish & Scandinavian markets, Scottish players playing in England, and probably looking for gems in the League of Ireland.
You're most likely right on the cost of scouting such leagues. Pity though.

European leagues in general should be easily accessible for our scouts I would have thought.

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Don’t know re the original post but one of our scouts is pretty much constantly in Europe watching games over next two months

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
What effect will Brexit have on free movement of European footballers?

thst might be why we’ve largely stuck to British players in the last transfer window?

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
What effect will Brexit have on free movement of European footballers?

thst might be why we’ve largely stuck to British players in the last transfer window?
Come on, we know the answer is Hecky not Brexit here.

Hamilton v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel