• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Scotty Allan loan to ICT

Cabbageman

Private Member
Reaction score

Away to Inverness....

Wow!

Reactions: Zab
So he doesn't feel up to standard and wanted to go down?

Fair enough, I hope he gets proper time and finds his feet, he could still be a big player for us.

Having my doubt though 😒

Guaranteed game time at the highest level maybe not so bad.

wasted on the tactical abyss that is Neil McCann though

Guaranteed game time at the highest level maybe not so bad.

wasted on the tactical abyss that is Neil McCann though

Didn't McCann admit he didn't know how to use Scott at Dundee?

No being able to play any Bounce games has been the issue here I think,it’s a shame but nae passengers allowed for the last 5 games....

I’d keep him for our 5 league games - and cup games - as even if not fully match fit he could be the difference between getting 1 or 2 points more in even the last 5-15 minutes of a game.

JR hasn’t had any use for him whatsoever though and that’s what ultimately counts so he is best away getting match time elsewhere and hopefully the same turgid pish we’re served up weekly will see us into 3rd spot.

I’d keep him for our 5 league games - and cup games - as even if not fully match fit he could be the difference between getting 1 or 2 points more in even the last 5-15 minutes of a game.

JR hasn’t had any use for him whatsoever though and that’s what ultimately counts so he is best away getting match time elsewhere and hopefully the same turgid pish we’re served up weekly will see us into 3rd spot.

Me too.

Very surprised, but I can see these sense in it. There’s five league games left, if he’s not going to start then it’s better for him that he goes somewhere he will.

Hopefully he gets some much needed game time and returns fit, healthy and ready for a good pre-season.

I'm only disappointed because I thought with him making the bench recently he'd be in with a shout of starting.

Better have a nonplaying cup clause. We'll need in for the final!

I suppose it makes sense.

I'd rather it wasn't benefitting the pricks at ICT though.
Dunfermline would have suited me better.

Me Three,

Letting arguably our best player go out on loan at such a crucial time of the season doesn't make any sense to me.

I know we only have 5 league games but we have the Scottish Cup to play for

Weird

I'm not sure Jack Ross is as big a fan of Scotty as we are. He's been on the bench regularly and not got on, so presumably that would be the case for the rest of the season.
Hopefully he will get match fit and then Jack will see him as a 'first pick'.

Scott needs regular full games.
He isn't getting any at Hibs because Hibs need everyone fully fit just now to secure third spot. We have some huge games ahead of us.
Covid restrictions mean he can't even play bounce games at East Mains or Development league games. There wouldn't have been a need for this move if we were in normal circumstances but we are not this season.
As long as he is playing the majority of the matches left for ICT, this is good for him and for Hibs.
Next season hopefully we will see the best of him again, but there are no guarantees in football.

Ross comments on this concerns me, Scotty is the most creative player at the club and if Ross doesn’t know that god help us. I agree with @Sir Shrink i don’t think Ross rates Allan therefore Allan has requested a loan to get actual game time. I just hope we don’t regret this decision not to play him when in recent games we have been screaming out for Allan’s creativity.

I'm not sure Jack Ross is as big a fan of Scotty as we are. He's been on the bench regularly and not got on, so presumably that would be the case for the rest of the season.
Hopefully he will get match fit and then Jack will see him as a 'first pick'.
Prior to him going off with his heart problem he played in most of the games this season. He also played in the majority of games after Ross took over in November 2019 till the end of that season. I really don't think it is the case that Ross doesn't rate him. Any manager would love to have a player of his quality playing regularly at his full peak of fitness, but he needs to be playing regularly now having missed so much football in the last year as well as dealing with all the restrictions in his rehabilitation.

Good wee move for him.... no so much the cabbage

Prior to him going off with his heart problem he played in most of the games this season. He also played in the majority of games after Ross took over in November 2019 till the end of that season. I really don't think it is the case that Ross doesn't rate him. Any manager would love to have a player of his quality playing regularly at his full peak of fitness, but he needs to be playing regularly now having missed so much football in the last year as well as dealing with all the restrictions in his rehabilitation.

Agree with all of this - its about getting him match fit and seeing if he can hack it for next season

Aye I don’t get the “Ross doesn’t rate him” stuff either, Allan played a lot of football under Jack Ross before the health issue. The manager also said he didn’t want to lose him from the group.

I think it’s more about the player himself recognising he’s physically not where he needs to be to break into the team right now, and dropping down a level short term to get his fitness back. To me that shows great character from Scott Allan.

Had this been a normal season, with regular reserve/bounce games happening, I think Allan would have been able get much closer to full match fitness and sharpness.

It looks like the player instigated the move but I can't see the point of this at all from a team point of view as Scott Allan is an integral part of the squad and has been on the bench for the last month and has therefore recovered from his health issues.

He gives a creative option that Hibs just don't remotely have so what's the point of sacrificing this valuable option just for the sake of a few months.❓

Its this season thats important as there is £3m to £4 million at stake not next season when there is a full close season and enough bounce games around against the diddy teams to get players back to match fitness.🤔

1 suspension and 1 injury and the substitute option becomes Magennis rather than Allan and Jack Ross should be taking the run in far more seriously than this and overruled the players demands.🤔🤢

Last edited:
Our fitba is horrendous to watch we need players like Allan to makes us better .
Tbh I'm a bit pissed off about this but it doesn't surprise me .
Ross is really starting to concern me .

I’m guessing there will be a huge bonus clause if ICT get promoted

Ross comments on this concerns me, Scotty is the most creative player at the club and if Ross doesn’t know that god help us. I agree with @Sir Shrink i don’t think Ross rates Allan therefore Allan has requested a loan to get actual game time. I just hope we don’t regret this decision not to play him when in recent games we have been screaming out for Allan’s creativity.
Spot on.

The memory might be playing tricks but iirc, when he gave his interview he said he was unlikely to be up for much this season but he hoped to be as close to fighting fit as he could be for next season. Making it onto a bench of 9 but not coming on, and going out on loan in a lower tier to try and get some competitive minutes in, sounds to me like he's recovering faster than expected but not quite fast enough. I don't think there's much to read into here.

Unless he's turning out for the Arabs next year or something, in which case feel free to say I told you so.

I'd much sooner have had Scott available for minutes than Drey Wright.

Looks like many are reading too much in to the decision to put Scotty out on loan. Type 1 diabetic AND heart condition. I've nothing but admiration for the guy and hope he gets back to his best up in Inverness.

“I won’t be 100 per cent until I’ve had games under my belt. Hopefully that comes soon, but if not I’ll get a pre-season under my belt and I’ll go from there again and I hope to be better than I was last year".

Splendid young man. You are a tribute to Hibernian F.C.

BIG G

He needs games and if ICT are willing to give him that then it's a good move. Let's no forget he's no featured much and we are 3rd without him.

Doesn't benefit the club going forward this season. Game time is irrelevant, a good preseason and matches next season would be enough. Now we can't use him and risk him being injured.

Doesn't benefit the club going forward this season. Game time is irrelevant, a good preseason and matches next season would be enough. Now we can't use him and risk him being injured.

Got to say I couldn’t disagree more with you on this.

Game time is absolutely relevant, no one is going to know if Scott Allan is going to be able to play competitive football again unless he gets game time. It’s not a pulled muscle he’s coming back from, it’s a potentially career ending and life altering heart condition. He’s got back training but needs games, why wait till pre-season when he can go and play now.

We haven’t used him since the early part of the season and have got to where we are, and he’s not match fit anyway, so I’m not overly concerned that he’ll miss the last 5 league games and whatever run we have in the cup.

It’s much more important to the club and the player that he gets some game time before pre-season, so that he comes back 100% ready to go.

Got to say I couldn’t disagree more with you on this.

Game time is absolutely relevant, no one is going to know if Scott Allan is going to be able to play competitive football again unless he gets game time. It’s not a pulled muscle he’s coming back from, it’s a potentially career ending and life altering heart condition. He’s got back training but needs games, why wait till pre-season when he can go and play now.

We haven’t used him since the early part of the season and have got to where we are, and he’s not match fit anyway, so I’m not overly concerned that he’ll miss the last 5 league games and whatever run we have in the cup.

It’s much more important to the club and the player that he gets some game time before pre-season, so that he comes back 100% ready to go.

You've changed my mind here.

Good post Zab.

Reactions: Zab
If we get the SA back that we know he can be then it would be like a new signing for next season. I get the worry of if we get injuries between now and the end of the season however I think it is worth the risk and getting actual game time under his belt can only help.
If it goes well he will also feel good personally and he is due that considering all he’s been through.
Good Luck Scotty...see you soon 👍

With ICT's season finish, does that mean Scottie rejoins us for the run in?

Don't think he so, think he's registered ICT until end of May

He is certainly cup tied which I always thought was a gamble

This thread has been viewed 3779 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back